General Chit Chat
Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

#7241 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:45 am

Slasher wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:19 am

RiS hope you get betterer soon. It sound persistent. A nice day out near the Herculaneum watching large breasts bouncing by might lift your spirits somewhat.

And yes I agree Ex-A should run for Grand Poobah on Amorgos. I'm sure the potential First Lady TS would give full support. The perks themselves would be worth it - one's own personal chef yes but at public expense, one's own guarded dinner Chair with "O Próedros" in big gold letters emblazoned on the back, secret security thugs to empty the restaurant of tourists (esp Ffrog ones) using whips when it's time for The President to eat, and unlimited supplies of free raki!
Most suitable candidates to help with my cure are gone in the countryside for Easter.

Ex-A would be a great mayor.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7242 Post by Karearea » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:53 am

handsfree - so sorry to hear of the injuries to your daughter.
Best wishes for her recovery, from across the miles.
And with the morn, those angel faces smile...

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7243 Post by OFSO » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:52 am

So what happened to the terrible storm of which the met office warned us yesterday evening ? Slight breeze in London but no thunder boomers and no rain.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7244 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:30 am

It's outside right now. Garden chair (lightweight) blown over, metal watering can (round base) tapping window to be let in. Some movement on small trees. Garden watered for today.

And dog didn't need encouragement to go out but had to be bribed to come in.

Spookily, as I typed this, the wind just died.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7245 Post by Ibbie » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:48 am

Meanwhile on the Costa, the sun does shine brightly in a cloudless sky.

Temperature in the low 20s today.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#7246 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:01 am

Morning folks nice day here. I am certainly not standing for Mayor absolute sh1t job. You can't step outside the office without getting poked in the chest. That is why the retired Admiral (Mayor) here likes having drinkies with us. We just swap old war stories and don't really touch on the running of the island. Mrs Ex-Ascot stood for council some years ago at the request of the Admiral. It was a political thing it was never expected that she would get in. Got more votes than one chap though. He got none which means not only did his family not vote for him but he didn't even vote for himself.

Bit of a disaster with dinner last night. Lit the wood burner and the room filled with smoke. Bird's next at the top of the chimney which has a cowl on it. 'er indoors with her little hands managed to extract it but not without injury. It took us a good hour. With the delay the baked potatoes were not properly cooked and had to go back in resulting in a very late dinner.

We intend to go home again tonight and avoid all festivities. We will get woken up at midnight though with all the fireworks and dynamite.
Attachments
Stove.jpg
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Slasher

#7247 Post by Slasher » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:08 am

Rwy in Sight wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:45 am
Ex-A would be a great mayor.
Yep I reckon so too mate. Given his military discipline he'd run the place like a damn good WOD.

In fact come to think of it the training facility here could use some RAF-style instructional input. I could easily imagine our esteemed Sqn Ldr addressing a new batch of raw cadets like this. ;)))

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7248 Post by OFSO » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:30 am

Ascot - see my post re our chimney fire last month. Will have to be swept when we get back to Spain, but (assuming villa still unsold) just before coolth arrives as done too early might have your bird problem. And we have hawks, vultures, etc. so big nests.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7249 Post by Wodrick » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:40 am

Morning all,
Same Wx, Same Costa.

At some stage, probably this afternoon, have to do battle at the local hypermarket for water filters.
Will also visit the associiated pet supermarket for a new collar for the ever growing H.
His first collar, which I guessed has lasted a month and run out of adjustment.

Might be a good Quali

Nowt else
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#7250 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:42 am

OFSO wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:30 am
Ascot - see my post re our chimney fire last month. Will have to be swept when we get back to Spain, but (assuming villa still unsold) just before coolth arrives as done too early might have your bird problem. And we have hawks, vultures, etc. so big nests.
Yes indeed I was thinking about that OFSO. The cowl is cemented on. Absolutely no idea how it could be swept. There are still bits of nest up there. At the end of the day it is not a proper chimney just a pipe from the stove through the roof.

Yep Capt that would be my training approach. I wouldn't last 2 mins at your institute.

Edit, there was an egg in the nest. I think they got smoked off it. They are now flying round and round the chimney looking for their baby.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Capetonian

My son the scammer!

#7251 Post by Capetonian » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:11 am

He's learned from me!

Last night he told me he'd blagged an upgrade CPT-LHR into C, however as I didn't believe him, partly because it would have been a 2 cabin upgrade, I asked him to send me a copy of his boarding pass.

Admittedly it looks pretty good but I was still suspicious and checked the SM and there is no 16C. He'd somehow copied his seat number from a shorthaul flight and photoshopped it.

Doesn't end there though, he also scammed his mother and me out of a bottle of wine, as her two checked bags weighed fractionally over the 46kg allowed so he kindly offered to 'relieve' her of 1.5 kgs, i.e a bottle of Muratie Shiraz.
BP.jpg
BP.jpg (51.4 KiB) Viewed 301 times

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7252 Post by Ibbie » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:14 am

That is the same model of woodburner that we have ex-A.
Identicule it appears.

Don't say it too loud, but they are made in fFrance!

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#7253 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:30 am

Ibbie wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:14 am
That is the same model of woodburner that we have ex-A.
Identicule it appears.

Don't say it too loud, but they are made in fFrance!
Yep Ibbie. Bought in the Cotswolds and brought here by Land Rover. We said to the salesman don't care what make but it has to be less than 80 kgs. He was confused with this until we explained the donkey delivery to the house.

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#7254 Post by k3k3 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:39 am

I was on an exercise in Norway once, we were sleeping in cabins with wood burners for heating. Before I went to sleep I got some logs from the snow covered wood pile and put them on the stove to dry out, in the middle of the night I woke up to the smell of burning, the logs had dried out to the extent of starting to smoke, I didn't do that again.

CremeEgg
Snr FO
Snr FO

#7255 Post by CremeEgg » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:35 am

Woken a few years ago about 0200hrs on Christmas morning by flashing blue lights outside. Our neighbours logs stored at the side of her log burner had got too dry and started to combust outside the burner. House full of smoke. Smoked turkey that year. She now stores them outside the front door to dry out slowly.

Apologies for my lazyness and not using the search function to check on Caco. Resigning five times in twelve months seems to indicate a bad case of keyboard warrior-itis. Seen it plenty of times elsewhere and still can't understand why people have to get as upset as a snowflake. As ever my thanks to Alison for allowing such a site.

Now back to enjoying tales of the NEW chair

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7256 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:42 am

K3k3, snap. You know all these 'smart' pictures of neatly cut and uniform logs stacked around the wood burner😀

Lovely to look at and very aromatic.

When selling our home we kept a stack of our own logs ready and arranged them for each viewing. After we exchanged we burnt them. When we moved out we took some boxes of logs to our daughter.

I did leave the buyers with some long logs down in the wood.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7257 Post by CharlieOneSix » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:47 am

Slasher wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:34 am
.....Tell Caco sorry I haven't emailed of late but will do so soon. And could you also inform him my Skype doesn't seem to get through here in Honkers to England for some bloody reason. Ta. :)
Yes, will do, Slash. His trip north this weekend has been postponed to next weekend due to storm Hannah.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#7258 Post by limeygal » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:10 am

Morning-off to the gardens this morning bright and early. We have an open house and plant sale. Probably be a bit of a bun fight as people get a bit pushy when the plant lust is upon them. We are allowed to shop at the end of it. Probably come home with a plant or six! Supposed to be a gorgeous day, weather wise.

Continuing our home improvements, we are going to have all new windows put in. Our current ones are 1908 vintage and are rotting, unusable, and ill-fitting. We have to faff around with shutters when a hurricane approaches. As Hubs keeps telling me, he is too old for that sh*t. Because we live in the historic district, we have to get them approved by the city's Architectural Review Board. I went down to City Hall yesterday to hand in our application. Managed to get put on the agenda for May. Hubs will have to go before them, as I will be in Cuba. Youngest daughter will be here to keep an eye on him (no ladders, no power tools) so I expect she will get dragged along to the meeting. He is not a happy camper. He was hoping I would be able go. :ymsmug:

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#7259 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:15 pm

CE, the new chair is fine. Just in it now having had lunch. Chef seemed to forget that we are basically veggie and gave us a meze with loads of dead animal bits. This new table is very small and slopes but we do not seem to have too many folk trying to nick it.

Dead goats all over the place being stuck into ovens over night or having a huge skewer shoved up their backsides through the body and head, hammered out of the skull to go on the BBQ spit. It is all quite gruesome.

ribrash

#7260 Post by ribrash » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:36 pm

I is a Grandad.....Again.