The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

General Chit Chat
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

#8861 Post by OFSO » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:12 pm

Post 8844. At the Bushy Park custom and classic car show today (250 show cars) I discussed with the owner of the Ford next to us whether his engine was so quiet as to present a threat to inattentive pedestrians. He thought possibly not.
IMG_20190630_120107.jpg

larsssnowpharter
Capt
Capt

#8862 Post by larsssnowpharter » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:14 pm

Yesterday, I was in full taxi driver mode ferrying the Sproglettes to football matches in the morning and drama, singing and dance classes in the afternoon. This all between dog following and culinary duties.

Too hot during the day for the Black Bitch so always up early plus a decent evening walk. This evening past a cricket ground where she found a stinky old cricket box and carried it home dumping it on the doorstep with a smirk on her face. Saw numerous Muntjac deer on morning walk.
Roast spatchcock chicken with chili sauce in oven for dins.

zarniwoop
Snr FO
Snr FO

#8863 Post by zarniwoop » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:07 pm

A little something from the Bloxham steam rally to put you to sleep, or maybe while away a bit of time when you can't

Slasher

#8864 Post by Slasher » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:30 pm

4mastacker wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:30 am
Will have to think what "sound" I would like the emitter to make - four Merlins/Olympus at max chat or a Deltic perhaps??
Try this one 'stacker! :))

Start at 4.40

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8865 Post by llondel » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:17 am

Evening all, pleasantly warm evening here. Probably about 28C out in the shade, much cooler in here.

Spent much of the weekend off with the middle dog at a thing called FastCAT, which is nothing to do with felines (Coursing Ability Trial) and is a 100 yard dash for dogs following a lure. Started yesterday with a reasonable run of 17.1MPH but she didn't seem to be trying. Roll on the afternoon session and she's figured it all out, is straining to get at the lure even when she's thirty yards away waiting her turn. She was barking frantically at it too. She scored 19.78MPH on the second run. Roll on today and she's straining at the leash again and put in a 19.2MPH run. Then this afternoon she excelled herself with 22.11MPH. Scores are recorded for the year based on the average of the fastest three runs and based on the last update, it puts her third fastest Leonberger on this year's list. If she can repeat the fastest run and bump her average up then she's up to second.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8866 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:44 am

A reason not to fly on EasyJet and neither Slasher

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8867 Post by Ibbie » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:24 am

Morning.

Normal summer day on the Costa. 23c heading up into 30s again.

Three seperate wild fires yesterday afternoon which stretched the fire service somewhat.

Have to admire the skills of the fire fighting helicopter pilots.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#8868 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:01 am

Morning folks, breezy and cool at 25° but clear sky. Did a dawn walk amazing how many locals are kicking around the mountains at that time. Know them all of course.

Beer and eggs down in the port now then back up to the village for a meeting with our lawyer to discuss our Greek wills. She will be late. Not a problem I will be in my chair.

We have ancient underground tanks here to collect rain water. There is a stone cover with a hole like a well head which you drop a well bucket down to get water. An American friend here had his head down the hole to check his water level and his mobile slipped out of his top pocket and went plop into the centuries old sludge at the bottom. That will give some future archaeologists something to think about.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Slasher

#8869 Post by Slasher » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:23 am

Rwy in Sight wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:44 am
A reason not to fly on EasyJet and neither Slasher
Damn Sleazyjet. She was yummyingly a tad revealing but of course when you look tons prettier than the bloody hosties (which she probably did) you can expect some bitchy friction like that.

If I had her ilk sitting next to me while paxing I'd damn near fly everyday. Even in Cattle! :ymdevil:

Capetonian

#8870 Post by Capetonian » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:30 am

She was denied boarding for abusive and disruptive behaviour, not for her clothing. This is often the case with people who have a 'look at me' mentality, they are looking for an argument. Having seen similar behaviour recently my sympathy is with the airline and other passengers.

And you can bet that if a male passenger gave her a good looking over, as well one might, she'd probably say :
"Wot do you fink you're looking at then?"

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8871 Post by Wodrick » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:15 am

Morning all,

Normal CdS Low 24c now 26c Guess 31c.
Last evening the lights of *Ibbyville* were just visible, now the shape is just discernable, the murk is building.

SM is taking Punto to the vet, a major performance. As she was going one of the intermittent neighbours turned up with a pup.
Where to take it ?
The menagerie went beserk.

Man rolled up to renew the front terrence all happening together.

They have stolen the income tax and I am 500€ od

Monday

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8872 Post by Magnus » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:37 am

Healing slowly from last night's cat pill. While he was trying to escape, he managed to get a claw into one of the veins in the back of my hand. Nice ecchymosis which will go through lots of colours before it disperses. He's getting rolled up in a bath towel before the next one. Poor buggas (both he and I). MrsP feigned sympathy, but I'm not convinced.

Capetonian

#8873 Post by Capetonian » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:46 am

I was bitten a few weeks ago by my sister's cat, which had been sitting peacefully next to me on the sofa being stroked. For no apparent reason and without warning it sunk its fangs into my hand making three puncture wounds, the one from its top jaw being very deep and painful.

Apparently, she told me later, this is not the first time it has behaved like this.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8874 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:16 am

Capetonian wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:30 am
She was denied boarding for abusive and disruptive behaviour, not for her clothing. This is often the case with people who have a 'look at me' mentality, they are looking for an argument. Having seen similar behaviour recently my sympathy is with the airline and other passengers.

And you can bet that if a male passenger gave her a good looking over, as well one might, she'd probably say :
"Wot do you fink you're looking at then?"

My support for a rapid healing regarding the cat. My sister's cats just ignore me but I understand it is painful.
I re-read the article and while you may be right (too much respect to argue with you on that) she might have been better handle if left alone. And I would welcome Slasher's answer to her hypothetical question.

I have some comments but I would like to know the Master's view.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8875 Post by OFSO » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:24 am

Oh FFS. If she boarded naked, who cares. Bunch of whingeing pussies. Not worth discussing.

Sent from the Freemasons Hall, Queen Street, London.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#8876 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:26 am

Been with the lawyer for an hour. She was happy with my legal jargon wills. Good job as I am considered to be a lawyer within certain fields. Contracts is one. Apparently under Greek law it has to be written by hand. There is not a chance in hell anyone will be able to read my writing. She said put in 'refer to the printed version for clarification'. Now 1. How is anyone going to be able to read that?
2. So why put it in writing in the first place? Do you guys have this in Spic Land?

Confirmed with the lawyer that if we file a complaint about the illegal frog building in front of us it will just be a fine which they can afford. She didn't understand what frogs were. One hour later it was explained to her. She was in stitches. Apparently she has had a run in with our frog bitch.

Big fat ugly old frog bitch in my chair. Staring at it but it is stuck into a book. Will try to set fire to said book. Then I will have to have the chair sterilised.

Now moved and realised who it was. A couple who own a house here which we let out for them no commission. Then our frog bitch started to mouth out about us so they supported her.
Attachments
Frog Bitch.jpg
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8877 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:01 am

Maybe some old explosives lying around from WW2 might go off under the illegal frog building. They are very unstable by now.

Today is Canada Day! Many happies, everyone!

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8878 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:47 am

Happy Canada then Fox.

reddo
Capt
Capt

#8879 Post by reddo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:01 pm

Happy Canada Day eh :D

I've caught a cold from the Big Fella. Might have to have a snooze.

izod tester
Capt
Capt

#8880 Post by izod tester » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:08 pm

Amy Johnson's birthday and also the day Harriet Quimby died in a flying accident.