The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

General Chit Chat
llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

#10001 Post by llondel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:46 pm

Do Zanussi still have the cool delivery method? Appliance of Science and all that...

Slasher

#10002 Post by Slasher » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:43 am

Made it home an hour ago. Had to miss my original Daffy from Don M as I had to get to BKK via SZX. I called the Nok girls from there and they said no problem as they automatically booked me on the first flight of the day home (these chicks are worth their weight in gold!). Meant I had to sit around DMK for a few hours so they let me telax in the Daffy staff room where I fell asleep. They woke me half an hour before boarding. Sat in seat 1D. 1C was vacant.

The capt of the flight was a local bloke I knew quite well. He once gave me the jump seat to BKK so I could catch a flight back to the Gulf as long as I looked pilotish. That meant uniform sans wings, epps and Co ID. He being an avid light aircraft freak, in gratitude I subsequently took him in the Cub when he came up on one of his days off. He wasn't taildragger endorsed so he flew from the back seat but was tall enough to see over me to the ASI which is all he really needed.

He came back to me enroute, sat in 1C and asked how I was doing. Told him about my last two unsuccessful kids. He said instructing was a waste of my time. Commanding an airliner was my first best destiny. I said no, perving on big tits is, but added instructing in bloody sims with infants is way less stressful than modern airline pilotage in general. He tended to agree but then this guy is only 40. Told him to tell me that again in 20 years time.

On arrival at N Thailand I opened my cargo bag and handed him a bottle of moonshine via the Daffy traffic girl (picked up earlier with seven others I collected at Suvarnabumi earlier this morning). Through the terminal window I saw him giving me a thumbs up and Thai "thank you" gesture. He developed a taste for the stuff when he came up Cubbing.

I'm pooped. Apsara's at work and my kid is at school and it's 'shine time! Then I'm gonna have a snooze. Great to be home! :)

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10003 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:28 am

Can't be bad to be out of Honkers at the moment, either ?

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10004 Post by Wodrick » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:28 am

Morning all,
Normal CdS but a little cooler only guessing 29 for a max today.
With going to the horsepitil yesterday we had to cancel the cleaner, going for a Norah moment at 1030.

A momentous day

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

handsfree
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10005 Post by handsfree » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:48 am

Happy Century Mr Wodrick.
May you have many more of them.

Much rain during the night but fairly pleasant now.
A bit of a broken night as every time I rolled on the Hep B'd arm
it woke me up.

Enjoy you little break Slasher. It'll do you good to recharge your batteries.

Bet of health to all the womenfolk who are struggling a bit at present.

Tall Bird
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10006 Post by Tall Bird » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:55 am

Congratulations (or should that be commiserations) on reaching this particular ton Wodrick. All the best to the OH. Ditto to Ibbie's SM.

Feels like autumn. Woke up in the middle of previous night feeling cold so got winter duvet out and put it on top of summer one = 14 togs. Kept it on last night too. Rained overnight and it's 13C now. Should've mown lawns yesterday but wasted an hour on the phone to computer security so called support centre instead. Farmer in the nearby fields was hay making into the night. It'll probably be the last time he does so because house building on the land starts next year. :((

Saw the Marianne & Leonard: Words of Love film at the weekend. Very absorbing but depressing when one heard of the impact on the children of the arty Hydra world. I'd forgotten Cohen came from a wealthy background in Montreal. Good to see a few, back in the day, famous Canadians again. My friend commented that our fellow film goers were all of a certain age. :D

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10007 Post by Fliegenmong » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:14 am

A very chilly 6c here this morning!....a brisk walk indeed before a glorious early morning swim in about 21c water...and that be winter! ....crystal clear water...abundant fish swiming about...warm sunlight to get dressed in...
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go... Oscar Wilde

Slasher

#10008 Post by Slasher » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:28 am

handsfree wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:48 am
Enjoy you little break Slasher. It'll do you good to recharge your batteries.
Thanks HF. Presently briefing me eager beaver kid about his low level (i.e. treetop height) endorsement in the Cub tomorrow morning.

handsfree
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10009 Post by handsfree » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:29 am

Commiserations on the impending housebuilding TB.
The building in the fields opposite me are changing the entire nature of the local area.What was initially
promised to be about 600 houses turns out now to be more like 1400.
I despair.

Have fun tomorrow Slasher :YMAPPLAUSE:

Slasher

#10010 Post by Slasher » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:34 am

ExSp33db1rd wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:28 am
Can't be bad to be out of Honkers at the moment, either ?
This month I've only spent between the pub and Training centre. Haven't ventured out much at all. My local slave Jasper has been good at getting me stuff because he knows the wheres and hows to avoid the rampant mobs. The little cnuts block everything.

If the Unwashed keep this up till Saturday night I'll have to go back via SZX. :ymsigh:

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10011 Post by Woody » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:56 am

On my way to the Lake District for a couple of nights in a camping pod, never tried this before :)
When all else fails, read the instructions.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10012 Post by ian16th » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:51 am

Woody wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:56 am
On my way to the Lake District for a couple of nights in a camping pod, never tried this before :)
It will probably rain!

That is what all them lakes survive on o:-)
Cynicism improves with age

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10013 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:24 am

Woody wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:56 am
Good timing Woody. The Great Gathering of Thieving Scum Appleby Horse Fair was in June.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#10014 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Afternoon folks. Glad you made it Capt. Mind you if you couldn't no one else could. Have fun tomorrow, don't bring back too much vegetation in the undercarriage, or a monkey. Struggling to water the mammoths today. His channel to the sump got blocked with weeds. He has been in the lagoon for hours. I was working inside but topping up the pool. Went to check on it. It was full of mud. Set back four weeks. Very depressing. I had only just got rid of all the sand in suspension from refilling it.

Fffffing frogs get everywhere. Just been up to the safari camp. Full of the bastards. One malaka spent 90 mins non stop on the phone by the bar. Only compensation was that a very pleasant Cloggy family from Arnhem came in for a drink just passing. Never been to Maun before so gave them a few recommendations. The camp have just had to sack a member of staff for stealing. Partner also works there. He duffed her up and left as well. Next door the gardener wants his wife to work there instead of his niece. His wife used to work there for the previous owners but is useless. He says if his wife can't work there he is leaving. Then there will be both of them out of a job. :-? Staff management in Africa, don't you just love it. Trouble is we are a one hour walk from the village so limited staff availability.

Sitting on the veranda for lunch. Not nice by the pond.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10015 Post by OFSO » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:44 pm

Woke up to Autumn, cold and a stiff breeze. Mrs announced as I was going out the door that she was going to cut the scruffy terrace palm cactus type things down while I was out. Words of a heated nature followed. Not nice on wedding anniversary. Came home from gym and buying new battery for her car, plants still standing, still ten foot high. Now bloody hot again.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10016 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:58 pm

TB,

I don't want to think about having to put a second duvet on a duvet case while wanting to go back to bed. Now about the new buildings I share your feelings.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#10017 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:15 pm

Can see a couple of feet down in the pool. It is going to take weeks to clear.

Just had a house sit application from a couple (yes that is a requirement) with three children 2,4 and 6. They must be bloody joking. Who is going to let three brats run around their house for three months. Just adult couples have caused enough destruction.

We have had a herd of cows outside all day. They have all now gone home except one who is lying down. They always die right outside our house.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10018 Post by Wodrick » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:33 pm

Cleaner passed the SM acceptance exam. dida good job in four hours 35€.
Big lass though, I'm not skinny but her thigh must have been the same as my waist.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10019 Post by Woody » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:49 pm

Lovely evening here in the Lakes, sitting outside pub with a pint Jennings :)
When all else fails, read the instructions.

ribrash

#10020 Post by ribrash » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Woody wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:49 pm
Lovely evening here in the Lakes, sitting outside pub with a pint Jennings :)
+1 for Jennings