The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

General Chit Chat
Sisemen

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

#12241 Post by Sisemen » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:32 am

Bugger! Just answered the front door to find two Jehovah Witnesses. Didn’t used to get them at our previous abode.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12242 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:05 am

Sisemen wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:32 am
Bugger! Just answered the front door to find two Jehovah Witnesses. Didn’t used to get them at our previous abode.
Tell them that you are Catholic, they hate and abhor Catholics even more than they do Jews! ;)))

A good, even practicing Anglican, doesn't figure in their crap...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Slasher

#12243 Post by Slasher » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:46 am

Sisemen wrote:
I was raised in a JW family Sise. Sh!t of a life for a kid - no fun, no birthday parties (nor invites), no Xmas trees, no presents, nothin’. Picked on at school - and In our already tough crappy suburb yet another reason to have to learn to fight like a merciless gutter rat. They threw me out when I was 17 after I told ‘em they’re all a bunch of fcuking morons.

Mum mellowed a couple of years beforehand. She was originally a Baptist. After I was booted out of the enclave I was disowned by my old man and sister. They wanted to throw me out of the house but mum stood up to ‘em.

JWs used to pick early Sunday mornings for their recruitment propaganda drive in an attempt to intercept Protestants before they went to church to persuade them to come over to the Dark Side. Once captured they would slowly brainwash their (stoopid) victims into what is essentially isolationism.

If JWs come a knockin’ then confront the buggers with a double barreled shotgun. Blow ‘em all to Hell where they belong.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12244 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:50 am

Slasher wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:46 am

Mum mellowed a couple of years beforehand. She was originally a Baptist. After I was booted out of the enclave I was disowned by my old man and sister. They wanted to throw me out of the house but mum stood up to ‘em.

Damn it man! A good mom, makes for a good man!

With respect.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Sisemen

#12245 Post by Sisemen » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:28 am

Amazing how they manage to split families....the love and forgiveness of God and all that :YMPRAY: %-(

Well done for surviving it Slasher.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#12246 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:02 am

Morning folks. It is supposed to raining. It is not but there has been a rumble.

Ricardian:
I never use poison as I'd hate for an owl to eat a poisoned mouse and thus succumb.
We use Racumin which is an anticoagulant. It kills the vermin over a period of time but anything that eats it when dead is not poisoned.

All CCTV cameras working now except the one in the library, don't know why not. We can sit on the veranda and see where our staff are and if they are working.

All the pelicans are still here. Wish I had my camera the thieving black bastards.
Attachments
Pelicans.jpg
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12247 Post by OFSO » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:42 am

A force nine blowing up here. Hundreds spent the night sleeping in their cars and trucks on the elevated motorway and lower main road into France which is blocked by separatistas. We were invited to a gala evening in France on Friday next, although forecasts of snow on the pass were already making it look uncertain.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12248 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:47 am

OFSO wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:50 pm

Blowing up a gale here, force 9 tomorrow, and tree surgeon booked to lop the enormous eucalyptus trees. As he is not Spanish he probably won't cancel.
Do double check. Earlier in the Summer a local one cancelled a chopping with much lower wind.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12249 Post by Ibbie » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:09 am

Morning folks.

Another substandard performance in last nights quiz.

Similar weather to yesterday, clear blue sky but coldfor here 14c.

As for JW calling, as soon as I tell them I'm a humanist they clear off, Only one has dared to ask me what a humanist is.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12250 Post by Woody » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:38 am

Sisemen wrote:
Just wait until the Mormons find you :((
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#12251 Post by Smeagol » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:46 am

Woody wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:38 am
Sisemen wrote:
Just wait until the Mormons find you :((
Can't remember having either group call at our, rather rural and out of the way, location, however both would be greeted by a pleasant, "No thank you" and if this did not have the desired effect would be followed by the less polite, "F*ck off!"
We hates Bagginses!

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12252 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:54 am

Knock knock

Who's there?

JW

Oh do come in, sit down, would you like tea and biscuits? What would you like to talk about?

Don't know, we've never got this far before.

Hat, coat, scarf, find me own way out :)

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#12253 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:41 am

No JWs knocking on our door here, they can't find us. My father used to engage them in conversation (on the door step) he found it enormous fun disproving their beliefs and quoting the bible to prove it.

Just been up to the safari camp. Met a chap who lives in Norway very close to the most northern point in Europe. When he gets back there he will not see the sun again until February. Already one metre of snow.

Another dead cow stuck in mud in front. Butchered and removed.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12254 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:45 am

In my secondary school class we had JW twins who were great fun. They made it quite clear that they and their older brother were unhappy. We all made a point of giving them birthday and Christmas cards and presents. :YMPARTY: On one occasion their father made the mistake of coming to our house to sell his dysfunctional religion; I slammed the front door hard onto his ankle. He screamed and limped away. =)) The next day at school the twins were gleefully telling everyone about their damaged father and made it quite clear that they knew it was me and thought it was very funny too. :D

Needless to say as soon as they hit the age of eighteen they left the JW's and couldn't give a stuff about being disowned by their parents. Good for them!
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12255 Post by ian16th » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:32 pm

J'Ws?
Never had trouble with them.

I just tell them that I'm not superstitious.
Cynicism improves with age

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12256 Post by OFSO » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Tree surgeons arrived as scheduled. Lead man is a Czecho. Done my trees for years. Good man.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12257 Post by 1DC » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:00 pm

A Catholic friend told me to tell the Joes that i was a devout Catholic and they would cross me off their list.It seemed to have worked because they hardly ever knock and if they do it is just to give me a leaflet and ask me to read it if i have time, no conversation.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12258 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:12 pm

I spend a very short (of about 40 minutes) packed flight out of my home airport with a lady (neither Slasher or me would have found attractive) explaining me about JW. Not an unpleasant way actually. Also every now and then I stopped by their stand where they give away their leaflets. I let those people talk if I have time, they tick the box they talked to someone and we go ahead with our lives.
Mrs Ex-Ascot, nice way to support the young believers.

OFSO, good for your tree surgeons. I hope you have someone on the ground to rapidly pick up the branches.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12259 Post by llondel » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:01 pm

Supposedly the way to get the religious salesmen (and women) to desist is to ask them to come back in a couple of days when they can meet the whole coven. Witchcraft, or the suggestion of it, is apparently something they avoid and they never come back.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12260 Post by OFSO » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:06 pm

They do. Carry all green debris including logs up the garden steps to the street above. Then use a blower on the steps. The ground has a slope of 40° so exhausting job. The town council will pick up green debris cut by the home owner and not by professionals, who have to pay for professional collection. I.e. I have to pay. To circumvent this I restacked the pile further down the street, with large logs hidden underneath small oliander and olive twigs which look suitably cuttable by someone of my enfeebled years. Hopefully once Senyor Council Pickup Man starts on the pile with his grab, like the man in the Spittoon Joke, he won't be able to stop.