The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

General Chit Chat
Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

#12601 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:00 pm

Problem: Anything, including too much paperwork.
Solution: Call it an issue, do more paperwork.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12602 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:13 pm

Did you know that (UK) SOCO are now known as CSI?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12603 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:28 pm

Is this because their offices are underlit, and they are more concerned about their image than getting useful work done? ;)))
"Hey, using this multi-million dollar machine and seven years of training, I've just discovered what any beat officer with 3 years on the job could have told you...but the graphics are way cooler!"

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#12604 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Our lagoon is a puddle. Vic Falls at the height of the rainy season, more than five hundred million cubic meters of water per minute plummet over the edge it is now a dribble. The Delta is dry. Folk are canceling holidays. It is our second highest export income after diamonds. Animals are dying. People will not, we have the diamonds for social welfare.

A thunderstorm in the distance.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12605 Post by Ibbie » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:51 pm

The totally incompetent on all fronts, DWP Recovery From Estates office in Wolverhampton. didn't disappoint.

One of their staff from the asian continent today, after a wait of 12 minutes, claimed to be able to answer any query...WRONG
Unable to transfer call to his supervisor as the headsets they use don't allow it. He would have to take his off and pass it to supervisor which was not allowed. He would get his supervisor to phone me sometime today....Told him not acceptable.

Asked to speak to the Jim McCartney, operations manager, whos name was on the letter. I was told not possible as he doesn't take phone calls. I told operator that I didn't think Jim exists and he was there to stop calls going any further.

Operator didn't like my attitude which he thought was agressive and tried to lecture me.

Didn't like me saying the department was incompetent on all fronts and this was not the first estate I had been involved with them on and nothing had changed.

Total idiot.

ribrash

#12606 Post by ribrash » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:13 pm

Probably not useful to many but Asda is doing 25 % off 6 bottles of wine along with Tesco.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#12607 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:58 pm

ribrash wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:13 pm
Probably not useful to many but Asda is doing 25 % off 6 bottles of wine along with Tesco.
Are they doing discount on rain. Thunderstorm just completely missed us.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

ribrash

#12608 Post by ribrash » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:45 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:58 pm
ribrash wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:13 pm
Are they doing discount on rain. Thunderstorm just completely missed us.
I'm afraid all rain is being kept for the UK,not that we want it mind. :-q

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12609 Post by Alisoncc » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:19 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:46 pm
A thunderstorm in the distance.
Had a string of storm cells passing over 2:00am ish this morning accompanied with lots of thunder claps and growling. Myf (dog) gets very scared with thunder, so spent two hours sitting right up close to my bed head, and with every thundery noise she would lick my hand for reassurance that I was still there.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Slasher

#12610 Post by Slasher » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:52 am

Morning. Sh!t City China is resuming itself into rubble as from last night.

Last night’s 2 captain sesh was a real pleasure. All extremely well done, no *****, each guy knew his stuff thoroughly, no post brief discussions on anything, and no main entrance brawls afterwards.

More importantly we finished an hour early as the coffee break was skipped and each bloke completed his required 2h exercises 15 mins less than planned. :)

Forgot to ask them about Gob’s onion stink/fuel smell question. They were both pretty bloody experienced on type and might’ve known the answer.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#12611 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:07 am

Morning folks. 18 bats one pelican and at least one hippo. Hope that it is our teenager away from getting bashed up in the pod up river. Blue sky but now the sun has gone overhead our solar panels are not orientated correctly to get maximum benefit so genny running to irrigate. Panels have to be orientated north to get maximum winter sun. In the summer it is supposed to rain so no point in pointing them south. It would only be a few degrees anyway. Two leaking gerry cans. Not bad for 8 years of continuous use.

Going up to the safari camp later for a few beers and see what they have in on this tour. Hands up all those who would like to spend 24 days in a truck. Start CPT through Namibia down to here up to Vic Falls then end up in JNB. https://www.drifters.co.za/tours-and-lo ... alls-tour/

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12612 Post by OFSO » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:38 am

Lovely story Alisoncc. I also need reassurance when storms pass overhead, so understand !

handsfree
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12613 Post by handsfree » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:46 am

Morning all.
More unwanted rain falling from the sky here.

I have swapped my dialysis sessions to the morning shift.
Off in the next few minutes but the advantage is that I should be done by lunchtime.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12614 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:59 am

Ref: Esssx Police stopping a car and telling the driver to remove the word Bollocks ( to Brexit ) off the side.

Early morning flying across Europe to London from Africa. one of my colleagues recounted the following .... ATC very quiet, all half asleep awaiting Dawn, when they heard " Paris Control this is Qantas 9" -- go'head Qantas -- Qantas 9 checked Deejohn at 12, F/Lvl 310, estimating Ram...estimating Rambo...Ram..estimating Rombollocks at 45 -- er, say'gain Qantas ?- - Jeez, I just told ye, Qantas 9 checked Deejohn at 12, F/Lvl 310, estimating Rambollocks at 45. To be followed by a very British accent saying - That's right Cobber, you tell them !

So how would you pronounce Rambouilliet ?

Slasher

#12615 Post by Slasher » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:43 am

“Rambullet” meself. “****” would be tad closer to the Frog pronuncianation.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12616 Post by ian16th » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:28 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:07 am
Morning folks. 18 bats one pelican and at least one hippo. Hope that it is our teenager away from getting bashed up in the pod up river. Blue sky but now the sun has gone overhead our solar panels are not orientated correctly to get maximum benefit so genny running to irrigate. Panels have to be orientated north to get maximum winter sun. In the summer it is supposed to rain so no point in pointing them south. It would only be a few degrees anyway. Two leaking gerry cans. Not bad for 8 years of continuous use.

Going up to the safari camp later for a few beers and see what they have in on this tour. Hands up all those who would like to spend 24 days in a truck. Start CPT through Namibia down to here up to Vic Falls then end up in JNB. https://www.drifters.co.za/tours-and-lo ... alls-tour/
Don't fancy it at all.

Just done a planning exercise with Google earth.

It calculates I could drop in on you after only 18½ hours on the road.
You and TS needn't worry, I won't be buggering up my Mazda to try it.
Clipboard03.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg (58.05 KiB) Viewed 300 times
Cynicism improves with age

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12617 Post by OFSO » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:54 am

Effing freezing at midnight and effing scorching at midday. North East Spain in November.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#12618 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:37 am

Ian, if God had intended us to drive he wouldn't have given us aircraft. Nice group at the safari camp today, Cloggy and Danes. They are off to Vic Falls next. Cape, I told them about it possibly drying up. They thought I was referring to the next few days.

No rain forecast but it is hot and humid.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12619 Post by Magnus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:54 pm

The Asda/Tesco wine discounts don't always apply in Scotland if the offer takes the price under 50p per unit of alcohol. Bastid Nationalists.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12620 Post by om15 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:23 pm

Magnus, the local Lydl sells it's own brand of beer (which is in fact brewed by Wychwood), it has two marked prices, one for sale in Scotland and a lower price for sale in England, not very good for the Scots.

I stood next to Hitler's desk earlier, it is on display at the Devonshire and Dorset Regimental Museum in the Keep at Dorchester, liberated by Russian troops from the ruined Chancellery it was donated to the Dorset Regiment later, it is a most unpleasant object.
In the medal room of the museum I noticed the medals awarded to the father of a former work friend of mine, he was a CSM killed at Caen, he served in Malta during the siege and my friend as a toddler remembers him from his leave taken just before D Day.

I bought "Stalingrad" by Vassily Grossman and a couple of who dunnits from Waterstones.

It is raining and I have to deal with a moth larvae infestation in the dining room carpet, I wish I could focus Misty's killer habits to moth removal.