The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

General Chit Chat
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

#9421 Post by OFSO » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:38 am

Dishwasher in all its rusty glory now in front yard, it will save the chaps who bring the new one on Tuesday a bit of work. Used the max lift sculpture trolley I built. It had to be shifted as the Mem' wanted to clear the recess it sits in. And we will put plenty of ant powder down the back of the cupboards when floor dry. (Who would have thought so much water would have been in the old one when I tilted it...).

Slasher

#9422 Post by Slasher » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:39 am

OFSO wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:38 am
Dishwasher in all its rusty glory now in front yard, it will save the chaps who bring the new one on Tuesday a bit of work.
I won't trade my present dishwasher in for a newer model. She's not rusty at all yet. ;)))

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#9423 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:51 pm

Capt, isn't it obvious. Polar bears are all rag heads. Most use of the left paw is to wipe their backsides with. :ymdevil:

Standard winter weather. Clear skies 5-25 degs.

Been a bit busy this morning moving my garden office around to keep me in the sun but the laptop in the shade. Also solar management a bit critical at this time of year. Have to get the system up to 100% in the morning then when the input is equal to the pool pump output run the pump until the input drops below the output. After that top the battery back up to 100% for the night. Pool pump is about 1.3 Kws. we have just dropped to 1.2 input.

Just noticed in the news that a tornado hit my home village in Cheshire. I thought that they were all now retired. :-?

Just taken me ages to read through Trabb. Checked TOP., In 24 hours we had 35 postings they had 1 =)) :YMPARTY:
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9424 Post by CharlieOneSix » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:44 pm

After an hour cutting grass spent the day putting a coat of Cuprinol Ducksback on the rail and post fencing at the front of the house. Very boring to do but looks good. Rain just starting now but the fence coat is all dry now.

Beef topside and a bottle of red about to be consumed. :-bd
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9425 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm

Similar here, got my foundation holes cleared out and the first piece of shuttering in. Maybe concreting tomorrow. Also did the grass, and now it's raining.
Too hot for a roast, so I think spag bol gets the nod, and the red of course.

I once worked in the Cuprinol warehouse one winter, getting all the stuff ready for the Spring distribution. They mostly ran the factory steady all year on production, but 95% of the products go out in 3 weeks at the start of Spring. They ran out of on-site storage around November, and the rest ended up all over Frome, in sheds, barns, even under Auntie Nelly's staircase I believe. Then in February it all has to be found again, correctly shuffled, and palleted ready for the big shipout. It was quite an operation. It was a good product; they got almost no returns, just the odd can or two. Fine people, good place to work...so of course it got shut down 4 years later :ymsigh:

handsfree
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9426 Post by handsfree » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:54 pm

What a very pleasant afternoon that was.
Spent lunchtime in the pub with numerous mates then came home to pan seared cod loin on a bed of crushed Charlotte new spuds
roasted with rosemary and garlic along with peas and sweet corn. Washed down the hole with Pinot Grigio. Very yum.
Feet up now with a glass of single malt and a Bounty Bar. Life is good :ymsmug:

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9427 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:02 pm

C16, if it is anything like Shades, get second coat on tomorrow. You need much less with much less effort. Shades dries and cures almost like plastic. When I had to put on a second coat after a couple of weeks it gathered like water drops and didn't spread as well.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9428 Post by CharlieOneSix » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:43 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:02 pm
C16, if it is anything like Shades, get second coat on tomorrow.....
It's not quite the same as Shades - I used that on the summerhouse - but yes, the tin instructions say to get another coast on within 1-3 days. Like Shades the second coat doesn't adhere well if you leave it more than 3 days. The product contains a wax so that when it rains it's like the name - it's water off a duck's back. Excellent stuff!
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9429 Post by OFSO » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:12 am

Another hot day coming. The bees in the eucalyptus trees outside the bedroom windows are humming away. Oddly, don't know any local honey vendors. Its all ghastly supermarket stuff.

handsfree
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9430 Post by handsfree » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:23 am

First of the warm days to come here. Top of 26C today and then 30 tomorrow.

Sprinkler on the back lawn in the hope of getting the newly seeded grass started.

A little known fact is that the majority of toilet paper sold for home use in France is pink in colour.
Tells you everything about the French.

Tall Bird
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9431 Post by Tall Bird » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:10 am

It's 20C, grey and windy (39km/h gusts) this morning. Where is this heatwave of which they speak? :-?

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9432 Post by Woody » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:26 am

Morning everyone, Spanish contingent bit late on parade today :-? Royal Borough like a ghost town this morning, only a couple of schools not broken up for summer, JuniorWoody doesn’t finish until Wednesday afternoon and we’re going on a family holiday silly o’clock Thursday, just hope Thomas Cook last that long ^:)^
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9433 Post by Ibbie » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:36 am

I is here.

Was up early to be ready to admit kitchen cabinet fitter at 08.30.

Unfortunately he is a no show. The boss has been round to agopolize. Fitter is claiming to have got sun stroke yeterday and is not fit for work........he's a Brit....probably too much falling down water involved as well as the hot ball in the sky, if at all.

Handbag snatchers in the area are using electric scooters as they are silent when approaching their next victim.

Some high cloud to burn off. It's 26c presently.

Quiz night tonight.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9434 Post by Wodrick » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:44 am

I is 'ere dos,
up at 8 to shut up fighting dogs.
it's 26 now for a guess of 31, if current trends are anything to go by that'll be 33 or 4 later.
serpently not gardening weather.

Why, when you have spent wildly on squeaky toys and balls does the not so little bugger prefer a 1.5 Lt water bottle ?

Builder on site on his own, doing tiling, I will notexpect too much before it becomes too hot.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#9435 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:02 pm

Non schedule town day today as too much to do on Thursday. First stop was electricians about the washing machine. He was just about to step out of the door to go to the farm by us so said he would look in. Got back to find that he had taken it to hospital. Jolly lucky, hopefully no call out charge which 40 kms out of town is considerable. We can bring it back and get slaves to carry it.

The wildlife are causing problems looking for water. Hippos and elephants all over the place, even crocs. There is a leopard on the edge of town they can't seem to be able to catch and relocate. Our man has been in the lagoon again digging a deeper channel for our water. Everyone's reopening bore holes. We are going to have loads of dead animals, mainly domestic, over the next year or longer. Namibia have already declared a state of emergency. Small upside is that we do still have some water out front and all the birds are coming to us.

Here you go Wodders. Four and a half days days to sort it. :-bd
Attachments
Pond1.jpg
Pond2.jpg
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9436 Post by OFSO » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:26 pm

Down to foundry to collect new sculpture, Silvia, but unready. No suprise.Trip not wasted as I rewired/cabled the internet and phone for Luisa, the secretary, taking spares from here. Bloody outrageous hot. Drove slowly home, then indoors to a/c in living room. 36° in Girona, 32.5° outside, 27° indoors.

fin
Capt
Capt

#9437 Post by fin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Sympathize with your hot temps. Long Island and much of the NE US had very warm weekend, with midnight temps of 38C, and breaking several record hot temps. While one is quite accustomed to this kind of behavior in Dixie, in NY it just doesn't seem quite cricket, yano.

PS, for some reason, it actually DOES feel hotter here than down there.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

fin
Capt
Capt

#9438 Post by fin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Wodrick some outfit in the US has taken on your situation and they now sell plastic water bottles sewn into stuffed toys. Sorted.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9439 Post by OFSO » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:35 pm

.......night, all. Off to bed to perspire in peace.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9440 Post by Wodrick » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:02 pm

fin wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:31 pm
Wodrick some outfit in the US has taken on your situation and they now sell plastic water bottles sewn into stuffed toys. Sorted.
It's the noise innit. We have binned both bottles now as once he has opened them up they have some nasty sharp edges. :-q
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash