The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

General Chit Chat
Slasher

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

#5361 Post by Slasher » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:29 pm

Morning. 3.30am here. Got drunk with me BIL from down south who decided to roll up here unannounced. Apsara shoved a rocket up his arse as we were both very busy as hell today. She told him to siddown and shuddup till we did all our sh!t. Also it's culturally not nice as a relly to just plonk oneself at the doorstep without prior notice. He's not a bad bloke but hopeless at running his own life. Lost his last job by being late for work every day (he's an auto mechanic). Dropped in here asking us to help him with a reference so he can find a job up here.

Fortunately he brung up a bottle of Scotch so that softened the blow AFAIC. We got stuck into the stuff and that's when some home truths were revealed. I said he's useless and unreliable. He said he's never liked the idea of his sister marrying a farang. Ap then interjected the yelling and calmly told her bro to bugger off out of the house (insulting one's hubby in his own home is a nono). We were a bit tanked but I called a truce and we started to finish the bottle talking about King Mara stopping his sis from entering politics.

He's been relegated to the granny flat and I'm headin' to bed.

ribrash

#5362 Post by ribrash » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:58 pm
Wodrick wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:24 pm
Ex-Ascot wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:05 pm
Who the hell is Lionel Messi?
I believe a footballing type of Argentinian extraction who, philanthropically, is going to pay off the national debt with his next pay packet thereby avoiding Spanish income tax.
(He plies his craft for Barcelona I understand.)
Golly Wodders that is a long word; philanthropically. Sounds like the way of getting a tropical disease apart from bonking a local girl.here. So is he going to buy back this marinaded football player from Cardiff? Wonder if the tattoos washed off.

Still f..ing jungle bunny noises. Crickets, reed frogs, bats and birds and f...ng black bastard noise.

Golly it has just stopped. Hopefully their battery has died or they have.

Edit, Ian is there still surface mail these days? Thought that Biggles took all mail.
I'm a bit late to the party here but you seem to be a settled visitor to the country.What I can't understand is why you think that people who live and belong in this country can't play what ever type of music they like.Is it the fact it interferes with your constant drinking or is it something else ? Please tell.

reddo
Capt
Capt

#5363 Post by reddo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:50 pm

Recently a Piper Malibu crashed into the English Channel, killing both the pilot and the passenger. The official search was called off but a private search found the wreck. The passenger's body has been recovered. It's Emiliano Sala, a footballer Cardiff paid £15 million for him. I sincerely hope that Cardiff sues Sala's manager for organising this grey charter. There was no way a single engine piston aircraft should be used for a charter at night, especially in known freezing conditions.

The pilot Ibbotson shouldn't have done that flight. He wasn't qualified and the aircraft wasn't suitable.
RIP.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5364 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:03 am

Ribrash it is the volume. This is being played 2 kms away not next door, we are miles away from anyone. They are inconsiderate ignorant stupid deaf black bastards with no taste in music. It sometimes starts at 05.00. I have had the police and chief involved with one case which was sorted but these bastards are across the lagoon. I can't get to them by boat because of reeds. It is a 40 km drive around and I am not sure exactly where to find them and I would have to take police with me which would mean leaving the village with no police for hours. You live in the middle of the bush with all the sounds of nature and bum bum bum in the background. It is not cricket.

We are not visitors we are official residents and I do not drink constantly I stop when I go to bed. Also stop for one month a year. I am still trying to make up for that one month.

Reddo see: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4174
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5365 Post by Wodrick » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Seems quiet,
beautiful day again, just a little hazy.

My browser of choice, Firefox, has been unable to load O-N all morning, it's been OK with Opera. The TV, which comes down the same Wi-Max link has been strange too. I think that may have cleared too.
I forgot Lidl this morning so need to do a wine/beer/sweet potato run. Just waiting for SM to start on the floors.

Nepalese take away tonight.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5366 Post by 4mastacker » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:29 pm

Mrs 4ma has confined me to quarters at the moment because of a hacking cough and a lousy cold which I can't shake off. She has gone to sons of morris to procure victuals and said "I'll give you a ring when I've finished and you can come and pick me up". Women!!!!
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5367 Post by Ibbie » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:28 pm

Ah! There you are.
Been unable to get connection all morning.
Pizzas tonight.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5368 Post by OFSO » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:35 pm

Both smart phones connected to ON with no problems via the house wi-fi's which are fed thru the Huawei 4G box which replaces the landline. I see 3 In the UK are about to supply the same system. Copper wire may not be dead but is dying. The old telephone wires which fall down in urbanisation OFSO are left at the roadside like dead snakes.

Capetonian

#5369 Post by Capetonian » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:32 pm

They wouldn't last long in ZA, the NRs steal them and sell the copper. They even rip up the fibre cables and try to sell them.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5370 Post by boing » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:03 pm

Never really thought about this before. I just settled down to my "simple" breakfast in the NW of the US.
Dates from California.
Banana from the Caribbean.
Bread flour, in toast, produced in the Mid_West US.
Butter from Ireland.
Marmalade from Spanish oranges.
Tea probably from Ceylon.
Tea from a big mug with the logo "Keep Calm and Carry On" made in China.

Edit. And after I had finished eating I turned the plate over and saw "Made in England" ---

Ah, yes. The simple life.
the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5371 Post by 4mastacker » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Prince Phillip has surrendered his driving licence - wonder if HMQ had a say in the matter.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5372 Post by Wodrick » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:57 pm

Can still charge blindly round the Royal Estates though.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

jimtherev
Station Padre
Station Padre

#5373 Post by jimtherev » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:37 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:32 pm
They wouldn't last long in ZA, the NRs steal them and sell the copper. They even rip up the fibre cables and try to sell them.
Three years ago - this sort of time of year, as I recall, i.e. bloomin cold, we had some scroats cut out about a metre of signal cable from me railway. Presumably to check how much copper there was, and whether it was worth nicking a whole lot more. We could have told 'em it wasn't, even though it was 48 pair, it was single strand of 1mm copper, but with lots of insulation, which makes the stuff heavy and unwieldy to transport.

But for us: a nightmare. Or daymare really, cos we had to crouch down, or sit on the rail head, as long as our bums could stand the cold, and splice in a length of cable, first deciding which pair was which, then making 2 x 2 x 48 joints and insulating each one. Couldn't wait till warmer weather; track detection, interlocking, signals etc wouldn't work, and we had a railway to run with only a limited number of nice men with red and green flags to substitute for the signals.

I've only just got really warm again.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5374 Post by OFSO » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:33 am

Not copper wire here. I stripped the end, it's a steel suspension wire alongside a two pair telephone connection in a 'figure eight' hard plastic sheath. One end still connected to the pole. I coiled it up and hung it from a tree all neat and tidy as befits a one time youth-in-training.

flynverted
Capt
Capt

#5375 Post by flynverted » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:44 am

Back amongst the living...
Started a new job last Sept. and they ran me **** ragged for four months...
Heaps of 12-14 up to 19 hour dsys...
feck that... Money is good but not that good...
Going back to me old job Mar 5...
Still getting paid from old job as claimed medical time off... ;)
It's true... Sorta... ;)

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5376 Post by OFSO » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:52 am

Morning Mr. Fly. Welcome back ! Was wondering where you were.

Slasher

#5377 Post by Slasher » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:06 am

Afternoon. 3pm here. Having a real horrible bad day. Sh!t if it isn't one thing it's another.

The BIL went back South yesterday and bitched to all and sundry about what me and Ap said to him. We've been continuously on Skype with Ap's parents and now looks like they're coming up to get everything resolved. When it comes to Thai culture the whole bloody family clan is involved - parents bros sisses uncles auntys and a couple of cousins - as well as my useless BIL. All are herding up on a direct Daffy tomorrow morning. Place will be chockers with people who have it in for me. Thing is - as I said in another post -- the BIL has never accepted his sis being married to me. He wasn't happy when Ap and me remarried. This is where everything has been blown well out of proportion. Dunno how long this crap will take to resolve as every family member has to make an input at the table. This includes one granny who's a bit deaf.

On another note SEL emailed me a couple of hours ago that they will now want me anytime after the 20th as the old bloke I'm replacing may up and leave earlier than advised. Seems him and his local GF had a falling out and now wants to bugger off.

Good to see you back Fly. Hope Ma 'nverted is doing ok.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5378 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:26 am

Morning folks. Bloody hell Capt you seem to have got yourself out of a whole load of ***** in the sand pit into another load of ***** there. How do you do it? If I was you I would stick a cardboard cut out of yourself at the head of the dining room table and leap on the Daffy they arrive on. They will not notice, they will just think that you are being unusually quiet and very stiff :YMPARTY:

Weather can't decide what it wants to do. Clear first thing then cloudy now clear again.

Nothing happening here. Solar oven is working on lunch.

Welcome back Fly.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5379 Post by Ibbie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:31 am

Lovely day outside. Expected to get to 18c later.

Not doing much. Will venture down the local later.

It is noted that the DAFTAS are on tonight.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5380 Post by OFSO » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:38 am

Not a happy bunny. Had Words last night. Wife has been "decluttering" house so it looks more attractive to the on-average one pair of possible buyers who come up every eight weeks. Didn't ask me, all my favourite things put away, might as well be in an hotel room.

Suggest we all swap spouses and in-laws for a week. Might make some of us contented with what we've got.