The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

General Chit Chat
Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

#29861 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu May 13, 2021 8:53 am

Morning folks, mid 20s, blazing sunshine, 3°C at dawn :-o Grandmother of our intruder came around to apologise for them being late at the cop shop yesterday. When we were beaten up last year she came around to say how sorry she was. Her son was our first robber here 8 years ago and now she is going through it all again with her grandson. Guess her daughter was at work.

A 'rustic' hand rail on a path has rotted. Gardner in the bush with a saw. He has been putting it off for weeks.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29862 Post by EA01 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:22 am

Now I don't commit criminal acts....but if I did, and I was required to appear in a court of law on a charge of serious assault, I would go to court in a suit, not a LA Lakers singlet.....typical

https://www.couriermail.com.au/questnew ... 98c9fd9373

I suspect these 'Cousins' might be heading 'home' after serving their sentence John Hill???......

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#29863 Post by k3k3 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:31 am

EA01 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:22 am
Now I don't commit criminal acts....but if I did, and I was required to appear in a court of law on a charge of serious assault, I would go to court in a suit, not a LA Lakers singlet.....typical

I suspect these 'Cousins' might be heading 'home' after serving their sentence John Hill???......
There's more to this story
But it's a member-only story. Subscribe today to unlock it and more..

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29864 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu May 13, 2021 11:32 am

EA01 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:22 am

Spot the accused, "the bloke in the suit".... ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29865 Post by EA01 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:48 am

There's more to this story
But it's a member-only story. Subscribe today to unlock it and mo
re..

Oh sorry, pasted below, but the photos did not copy...poor guy still in hospital I think....

Wynnum junior footy fight: Two men in court apply for bail
Two sets of brothers charged with grievous bodily harm after Brisbane footy dad Josh Jones was allegedly bashed at a junior game have applied for bail. WATCH THE VIDEO

Alex Treacy
Alex Treacy
Follow
@humidityreport
3 min read
May 13, 2021 - 5:01PM
Wynnum Herald

COURIERMAIL.COM.AU0:37
Spectator footy fight erupts
Watch the moment a junior footy fight erupts between spectators with one dad now left with horrific injuries.
Four men charged after allegedly being involved in a junior football assault which left a man hospitalised with severe facial injuries have applied for bail in court on Thursday.

Crestmead brothers Griffith Lilomaiava, 19, and Talapuse Tuialii, 36, were both arrested on Tuesday and charged with grievous bodily harm and assault occasioning bodily harm following the alleged incident Wynnum’s Kitchener Park on Sunday during an Under-13 Division 1 game between Wynnum-Manly and Logan Brothers.

Griffith Lilomaiava, 19, leaves Wynnum Magistrates Court after being charged over a brawl at a junior rugby league game at Wynnum on Sunday. Picture: John Gass
Griffith Lilomaiava, 19, leaves Wynnum Magistrates Court after being charged over a brawl at a junior rugby league game at Wynnum on Sunday. Picture: John Gass
Mr Tuialii was also charged with a second count of assault occasioning bodily harm.

Video of the incident was made public during the week; however, there is no suggestion those charged can been seen in the footage.

Brisbane father Josh Jones, 35, who was left hospitalised after being allegedly assaulted at a junior rugby league game on Sunday. Picture: Supplied
Brisbane father Josh Jones, 35, who was left hospitalised after being allegedly assaulted at a junior rugby league game on Sunday. Picture: Supplied
Two other men, Slacks Creek brothers-in-law Solomona Solomona, 26, and Barry Vaiola Sepulona, 24, were arrested on Wednesday and also applied for bail.

Both were charged with grievous bodily harm, while one was also charged with assault occasioning bodily harm relating to the alleged victim Josh Jones’ father, Ricki.

The two sets of brothers were not known to each other, the court heard.

Mr Tuialii and Mr Lilomaiava both applied for bail via solicitor Kurt McDonald.

The court heard the alleged assault was touched off by Mr Tuialii and Mr Lilomaiava, who were seated behind Mr Jones.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians on BINGE Get BINGE Basic from only $10/mth

Snr Const Ross told the court there had been “friendly banter” between Mr Jones and the two co-defendant brothers, seated behind him, for most of the game, until the duo allegedly became “aggressive and intimidating” towards Mr Jones once Logan Brothers’ lead blew out.

Crestmead man Talapuse Tuialii, 36. Picture: Facebook
Crestmead man Talapuse Tuialii, 36. Picture: Facebook
Mr Jones, Mr Tuialii and Mr Lilomaiava exchanged words, before Mr Tuialii put his arms around Mr Jones, whispered in his ear, “You better get out of here,” before he and Mr Lilomaiava “punched and kicked” Mr Jones, sending him “flying to the bottom” of the grandstand, taking out a 59-year-old in the process, Snr Const Ross said.

Snr Const Ross told the court Mr Jones then “fled” onto the field to get away from Mr Tuialii and Mr Lilomaiava.

Mr Lilomaiava, as well as Mr Solomona and Mr Sepulona, then “pursued” Mr Jones onto the field, the court heard, allegedly laying into him with a series of punches and kicks.

Mr Tuialii had been physically restrained initially from joining the “melee” on the field, before he allegedly broke free and delivered “at least one” punch to the back of Mr Jones’ head, the court heard.

Snr Const Ross told the court this punch was the one which felled Mr Jones, leaving him “more susceptible” the alleged flurry of “kicks and stomps” which broke both of Mr Jones’ eye sockets, his nose and his cheekbone.

Crestmead man Griffith Lilomaiava, 19. Picture: Facebook
Crestmead man Griffith Lilomaiava, 19. Picture: Facebook
The stomps were allegedly delivered by Mr Lilomaiava, four of them while Mr Jones was struggling on the ground and a fifth while he was lying unconscious.

Snr Const Ross described the case against Mr Tuialii and Mr Lilomaiava, who live together, as “compelling”, noting “distinctive” clothing was found at their residence during a search warrant on Tuesday, as well as a vehicle seen leaving the field in the aftermath of the alleged assault.

Defence lawyer Kurt McDonald indicated the matter would likely be headed to trial for a jury to determine which defendant was responsible for which injuries.

He noted Mr Tuialii and Mr Lilomaiava were both New Zealand citizens and may be facing action from the Department of Immigration should they be convicted.

He noted Mr Tuialii was the sole breadwinner for his wife and five children.

Mr McDonald further noted both men held down steady jobs through which they could contribute to the community.

Mr Tuialli was denied bail in light of a previous conviction in 2009 for assault occasioning bodily harm.

Mr Lilomaiava was granted bail to reside at an address in Marsden on conditions including that he surrender his passport, report seven days a week to police, and not attend within 50m of an organised sporting event.

Mr Solomona and Mr Sepulona were represented by defence lawyer Tam Elabbasi.

Snr Const Ross submitted Mr Sepulona’s actions were more serious than his brother-in-law’s.

Mr Sepulona is alleged to have delivered the kick to the face, while Mr Jones was struggling to get up from the ground, which was so violent it made a “cracking” noise and knocked him unconscious.

Slacks Creek man Solomona Solomona, 24, leaves Wynnum Magistrates Court with family and friends covering him up after being charged with GBH following an alleged assault at the junior rugby league match at Wynnum on May 9. Thursday May 13, 2021. Picture John Gass
Slacks Creek man Solomona Solomona, 24, leaves Wynnum Magistrates Court with family and friends covering him up after being charged with GBH following an alleged assault at the junior rugby league match at Wynnum on May 9. Thursday May 13, 2021. Picture John Gass
Snr Const Ross told the court Mr Sepulona had attempted to change his appearance since the alleged assault via cutting his hair, which police had intercepted social media messages to support.

Mr Elabbasi said identity may be an issue in the case against Mr Sepulona, and argued he was no flight risk due to his seized passport, wife and young child – however, his bail was denied due to the allegations of attempting to change his appearance.

His older brother-in-law, however, was granted bail.

More Coverage
Junior league fight: Condemn the minority, not majorityLANGER CUP: Qualifying grand final previewTitans Schools League: Beenleigh in livestream debut

His involvement in the alleged assault was described as being least, limited to allegedly holding Mr Jones while others assaulted him.

Magistrate Zachary Sarra, who said the alleged assault was a “feeding frenzy” with an “intense degree of violence”, described Mr Solomona as the only one who came out of the incident with any credit due to his extensive admissions to police.

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29866 Post by EA01 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:52 am

How to dress going to court
Attachments
Go to Court.jpg

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29867 Post by EA01 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:58 am

We do not need these Citizens in our society...well any society of course, and it is why they are deported.
Attachments
Damage.jpg

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29868 Post by Wodrick » Thu May 13, 2021 2:46 pm

Ibbie wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:59 am
Just back from pfizer jab two.
How long did they want you to wait post jab ?

On Tuesday I was told to wait 15mins I waited less than 5.
SM was told to wait 30mins ! she departed as soon as the nurse wasn't looking.

One fell over while doing one's tyres this morning. One aches, hip, ribs, and shoulder.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29869 Post by Boac » Thu May 13, 2021 3:02 pm

On Tuesday I was told to wait 15mins I waited less than 5.

One fell over while doing one's tyres this morning. One aches, hip, ribs, and shoulder.
That'll larn 'ee

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29870 Post by G-CPTN » Thu May 13, 2021 3:18 pm

I am intrigued by the use of 'larn ee'.

I have always believed that the use of 'learn' instead of 'teach' was only endemic in North East England.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29871 Post by OFSO » Thu May 13, 2021 3:35 pm

If you'd have waited longer after your injection you'd have time-shifted fate which was waiting to clobber you and not fallen.

I haven't fallen over whilst doing my tyres after being vaccinated, for a very obvious reason.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#29872 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu May 13, 2021 3:57 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 3:18 pm
I am intrigued by the use of 'larn ee'.

I have always believed that the use of 'learn' instead of 'teach' was only endemic in North East England.
Many none native English speakers often mix up learn and teach and borrow and lend.

Bloody jungle bunny noise again this evening both on shore and at sea.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29873 Post by Ibbie » Thu May 13, 2021 4:08 pm

Told 15 mins to sit, left after 5 mins max.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29874 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu May 13, 2021 4:21 pm

Did I just spot HF in the house? Is Friday safe... is he back???? :YMHUG:
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

handsfree
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29875 Post by handsfree » Thu May 13, 2021 4:54 pm

You did ! Indeed I'm back, got home about 23:00 last night.
Stayed another 24 hours to get 10 hrs of magnesium and 6 hours of phosphate IV drip as they were both very low.

What a saga. Started last Wednesday when I went into Derby Transplant Clinic for routine bloods etc. Got a call mid afternoon
asking me to come back in with a night bag as creatinine levels had gone into overdrive and they suspected kidney rejection.
That night and the next morning was spent on various IV drips. High steroids, rejection drugs etc. Thursday evening it was decided
to return me to the Nottingham City to the care of the original surgical team. They decided it wasn't rejection but the kidney was
swelling with fluid so suspected a blockage somewhere twixt bladder and kidney. As the kidney was in danger of getting swamped
they banged in a nephrostomy which is a tube directly through the skin and into the kidney which then drains into a bag. Over the
next 24 hours 9 litres of pee exited via that route and I was told to keep drinking to match it. Over 12 pints of water went down my throat
that day. Over the next 24 hours things stabilised until I was peeing normal amounts and the next stage could take place which was
a contrast dye injected into the kidney and see where the x-ray showed it went or more importantly didn't. As it was the dye easily
made it's way through to the bladder, so no blockage. In the words of the surgeon, sometimes shite gets stuck down there which clears itself.
The rest of the time was spent balancing up various things such as the serum magnesium levels. Tube into the kidney is now sealed off
but still in there until they are happy with everything and I'm basically back to where I was a week ago.

Thank you all for you kind messages , prayers, and Trabbforce. Put together they certainly worked. I'm now hoping to coast along for a while.

I'm back to the Nottingham City for Transplant Clinic tomorrow but it's not until 11:15 so Friday's announcement will take place as per normal.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29876 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu May 13, 2021 5:28 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 3:57 pm
Many none native English speakers often mix up.... borrow and lend.
Not the only confusion. Some also confuse it with 'give' as in, 'can I borrow some sugar?'

Or toilet roll, as if they will bring it back.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29877 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu May 13, 2021 5:30 pm

handsfree wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 4:54 pm
You did ! Indeed I'm back, got home about 23:00 last night.
Stayed another 24 hours to get 10 hrs of magnesium and 6 hours of phosphate IV drip as they were both very low.

What a saga. Started last Wednesday when I went into Derby Transplant Clinic for routine bloods etc. Got a call mid afternoon
asking me to come back in with a night bag as creatinine levels had gone into overdrive and they suspected kidney rejection.
That night and the next morning was spent on various IV drips. High steroids, rejection drugs etc. Thursday evening it was decided
to return me to the Nottingham City to the care of the original surgical team. They decided it wasn't rejection but the kidney was
swelling with fluid so suspected a blockage somewhere twixt bladder and kidney. As the kidney was in danger of getting swamped
they banged in a nephrostomy which is a tube directly through the skin and into the kidney which then drains into a bag. Over the
next 24 hours 9 litres of pee exited via that route and I was told to keep drinking to match it. Over 12 pints of water went down my throat
that day. Over the next 24 hours things stabilised until I was peeing normal amounts and the next stage could take place which was
a contrast dye injected into the kidney and see where the x-ray showed it went or more importantly didn't. As it was the dye easily
made it's way through to the bladder, so no blockage. In the words of the surgeon, sometimes shite gets stuck down there which clears itself.
The rest of the time was spent balancing up various things such as the serum magnesium levels. Tube into the kidney is now sealed off
but still in there until they are happy with everything and I'm basically back to where I was a week ago.

Thank you all for you kind messages , prayers, and Trabbforce. Put together they certainly worked. I'm now hoping to coast along for a while.

I'm back to the Nottingham City for Transplant Clinic tomorrow but it's not until 11:15 so Friday's announcement will take place as per normal.
Really good to hear you are back, coasting, with the best (and, in my case, worst) of us. Even more importantly, Friday is safe, as there were fears of an irreparable spatio-temporal rent if you didn't let us know it was Friday! ... :-bd

Take care, chill out and welcome back.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29878 Post by Wodrick » Thu May 13, 2021 5:32 pm

Plus 1
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29879 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu May 13, 2021 5:46 pm

Welcome back. #:-S :YMAPPLAUSE: :-bd :YMPARTY:
Keep getting back to "normal". :D

PP

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29880 Post by Karearea » Thu May 13, 2021 7:42 pm

Good health to you, handsfree, hope the future will be uneventful.

Wodrick - hope no harm done in your tumble.

-1.5°C here at the moment, clear skies.
And with the morn, those angel faces smile...