The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

General Chit Chat
Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

#5421 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:11 am

Warning light was on on the Pajero when we drove it last. Just been under the bonnet - transmission fluid. This is a new engine (2nd hand). Can't go back to the garage as we fell out with him using it as a hire car. Fortunately this is only a back up motor and go to the safari camp (narrow track and low branches). If we have to keep topping up the transmission fluid so be it. It has done about 300 kms since the engine change.

Overcast a cool 22 degs. Genny running for pool pump, washing machine and bore hole pump. Will just give it two hours by which time the battery will be on 100% and float, switch it off then the weak sunshine will keep it that way until dusk. It is all a bit of a balancing act with generators, pumps, batteries and solar panels and water usage.

Good luck Capt, keep knocking back that moonshine. Better increase the supply chain you are going to need it.

Edit Mrs Ex-Ascot says that her old mini Galaxy works fine a a mini computer as well
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Capetonian

#5422 Post by Capetonian » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:42 am

Updating my insurance policy yesterday to make sure it covers forthcoming trip to Botswana, the lady asked me :
"Will you be engaging in any hazardous pursuits whilst you're there?"
"Only arguing with my wife over her lack of driving and navigational skills."
Silence ... she then quoted me an additional premium!

Slasher

#5423 Post by Slasher » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:01 am

They're not getting the precious moonshine sah. Their fruit juices were spiked with Absolute vodka lime flavour but they picked up they'd been alcoholically hornswoggled next morning when they discovered they had hangovers. Well worth the crap I got for doing it. But it did its job by tearing down the 'politeness' curtain.

This has been a real game-changer. Even my wife wants to disown the lot of 'em. For a Thai woman that's saying a lot. This caused a great gnashing of teeth in her family. I hope they end up needing dentures.

Nearly 9pm. Bloody rellies all thrown out to a hotel. Only Ap's sis and her cousin were allowed to stay. Shitloads of real bad kharma in the house as if we'd had a huge fart palooza. The next round at the War table is scheduled for 10am tomorrow morning. Frankly I don't give a f**k if they turn up or not. AFAIC they're PNG.

Hope Angels returns to the TRABB fold.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5424 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:22 am

Re. My assault on 22nd December, response from the British High Commission:
I have just talked to the Police Officer in charge of the case and another Senior Officer at the Station. They told me that they will be taking the matter to the Directorate of Public Prosecutions for possible prosecution.

I have also requested them to give you continuous updates on the progress of the matter.

Regards
Now why couldn't they have done this weeks ago. The station commander in town has been informed about the incident by; the police here, the chief here, a police inspector friend of ours and we have been to see him. Wonder if they threatened to cut off diplomatic relations or summat.

Their worry is that the only witness is lying. She says neither of them were there at the time even though I have got a photo of him coming at me and he confirmed who the girl was, twice. And, I recognised her voice even though she was hiding her face. They say it must have been a friend of his who beat me up.

And, I am the wrong colour.

I wan't implying that you should give them the precious stuff Capt I was thinking of your needs. Angels may very well be back with us at the weekend. Sends his regards to all.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Slasher

#5425 Post by Slasher » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:34 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:22 am
I wan't implying that you should give them the precious stuff Capt I was thinking of your needs.
Ah...ok sah understood. As it is the 'shine has been held to its usual dosage of 3 glasses a day, which I quietly drink during the intermittent truce periods. I've been on beer during the daily 8 hour grind of war.

And, I am the wrong colour.
I'd say that's the whole handling of the case in a nutshell Ex-A.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5426 Post by Wodrick » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:40 am

Morning all,
Crisp and clear, 19 guessed - no chance only got to 17 yesterday.

Yesterday was a bad day as Slinky was having a bad day, we thought the end was nigh and the tyre episode. Not good.

We have LG K10 2017s which Orange gave me for a new contract, they work well.
Capetonian wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:42 am
Updating my insurance policy yesterday to make sure it covers forthcoming trip to Botswana, the lady asked me :
"Will you be engaging in any hazardous pursuits whilst you're there?"
I think you have missed summat if Bots is your destination.

Nil Further.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5427 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 am

Capt Slasher:
I'd say that's the whole handling of the case in a nutshell Ex-A.
Yep I reccon so and will result in no prosecution. Our local police are all very friendly and helpful. They come to our house socially to drink coke or beer on the veranda. Our tame police inspector in town is a good friend, it is the upper echelons in town that are ignoring it.

Wodders:
I think you have missed summat if Bots is your destination.
Now what are you implying there Sir? Wild animals or drinks cabinets? Or perhaps wild animals manning drinks cabinets.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5428 Post by Wodrick » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:29 am

Certainly drinks cabinets

belfrybat
Snr FO
Snr FO

#5429 Post by belfrybat » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:34 am

Download a PDF reader from the Play Store. The Chrome browser will also display them, quite likely others too, I haven't tried them.

zarniwoop
Snr FO
Snr FO

#5430 Post by zarniwoop » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 am

G-CPTN Your daughter probably just needs to install a PDF reader, plenty available for Android and iOS.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5431 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:55 am

Many thanks for the informative replies - I will pass them on.

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5432 Post by ricardian » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Slasher wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:58 am
Afternoon. Family sh!t still going down here. A lot of facts, hidden emotions and blind hatreds are finally out in the open (with the help of spiked drinks. Sodium P couldn'tve done better). With the exception of her sis and a certain cousin, Ap's clan are a bunch of sheer backstabbing arseholes. Apsara herself has been subject to a hell of a lot of crap and then today they hung out her entire dirty laundry. Virtually the whole clan reckons her getting remarried to me was a huge mistake. Practicing polite Buddhists my arse - more like a bunch of ravenous hyenas out to wreck our marriage for no damn reason other than to get me off the scene. :ymtongue:

Might be away a longer time till this is over and done with.
At least everything is out in the open now, no more hidden secrets!
Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER

izod tester
Capt
Capt

#5433 Post by izod tester » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:25 pm

Slash, it strikes me that the one going through huge turmoil at the moment is Apsara. She probably has sympathy and support from all of us here.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5434 Post by OFSO » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:57 pm

In-Laws. Ha! I got on well with my first wife's large family, comprising at least half the villagers, for the nine years we were married. A really friendly crowd who - as I am fluent in German - accepted me as one of them. I thought. When wife went and told them we were divorcing, message came straight back to me: "You are not welcome here." No questions, it's or buts. Sad because there were some people I really liked. Never saw or heard from any of them again. Not one called to ask what happened or even say sorry to hear what happened. Village life.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5435 Post by 4mastacker » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:19 pm

A tad bit foggy where they're trying to raise that Norwegian frigate. Doesn't appear to be an awful lot going on.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5436 Post by Ibbie » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Been to dog rehoming charity this morning.

Found a lovely chap there, who had been a resident for last 10 months. A 5 year old, rough haired terrier cross, however his coat is soft to touch and not at all rough. I collect him tomorrow at 16.00. Have re-named him Eddie, as he has been barking there under the name of Happy, which Mrs IB and I both thought unsuitable for him.

Groundgripper
Capt
Capt

#5437 Post by Groundgripper » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:51 pm

I've just swapped my 15 inch flat screen monitor for a 24 inch curved screen one :-B :-o :-bd

GG

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5438 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:23 pm

Looks like a real character Ibbie.

Dripping with rain. Hope to get the lawns cut tomorrow though.

The lady who asked us to take her some of our bean casserole lunch then said she could collect it then said she may as well just come for lunch has left. Gave her a portion for her husband as he was busy in town. She announced that she wasn't cooking for him tonight he could have a sandwich and she would have his casserole again for dinner.

She is a Zimmy NR. Very interesting conversation with her about racism against whites here and how lazy and wasteful with food they are compared to Zim. She said with staff meals her employees here would throw away an apple with a small bruise on it and cook twice the amount of pap required and just throw away the excess.

Interesting one never heard before. At the end of a family meal they scrape all left over pap from people's plates. Wash it, squeeze it, mix it with water and yeast, stick it in the sun and a few days later you have a kind of beer. One will stick to Black Label.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5439 Post by Woody » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:41 pm

Interesting one never heard before. At the end of a family meal they scrape all left over pap from people's plates. Wash it, squeeze it, mix it with water and yeast, stick it in the sun and a few days later you have a kind of beer. One will stick to Black Label.
Can’t be worse than Fosters :ymsick:
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5440 Post by Wodrick » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Grand *Ibbie* we wondered how long it would be :YMAPPLAUSE: