The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

General Chit Chat
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

#5521 Post by OFSO » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:53 am

Arrived home in Islington yesterday. Walked round to the ATM last night to get cash. The pub next door bursting at the seams, yard/garden full, not a seat free, happy imbibers open-airing. Wouldn't have thought Northern Hemisphere February temperatures inductive to outdoor boozing but there we are. Jungle drums from a few doors down our road; Ascots would feel quite at home.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5522 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:20 am

OFSO wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:53 am
Arrived home in Islington yesterday. Walked round to the ATM last night to get cash. The pub next door bursting at the seams, yard/garden full, not a seat free, happy imbibers open-airing. Wouldn't have thought Northern Hemisphere February temperatures inductive to outdoor boozing but there we are. Jungle drums from a few doors down our road; Ascots would feel quite at home.
Ah but was smoking involved? At my brother's local they sit outside in all weather to smoke. Still don't see why they can't have smoking rooms. At Athens airport there are smoking booths available the second you step of the aircraft before baggage reclaim. Hundreds of Greeks trying to make up for no cigarette in four hours on an aircraft. They gave up the ban on smoking in pubs. It still applies to government buildings. At hospitals they have benches and ashtrays outside the door for the doctors and nurses. Was In our local cop shop once. Of course no ashtray on his desk so he was flicking the ash and throwing the fag ends out of the window from the first floor onto the platea and the people below.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5523 Post by OFSO » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:41 am

Nobody seems to smoke cigarettes here, although electronics are very visible. In contrast to Paris, where I couldn't help noticing all the smart young ladies, every one with a ciggy between the lips. Probably to stay thin. Which they will.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5524 Post by Wodrick » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:35 am

G'day
Yon sun keeps on trying it will succeed. Dead calm, if it remains so I'll get the weedkiller spray out and put a few gallons on the land.

Slinky not good again today, breathing with difficulty and loosing control of her legs on the tiles.

Off to perform ritual lunch it being Sunday.

Of course here the non-smoker is the unusual one, all Spaniards smoke.

Hope Eddie is ok with the grandchildren.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5525 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:25 pm

Wodrick wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:35 am
G'day
Yon sun keeps on trying it will succeed. Dead calm, if it remains so I'll get the weedkiller spray out and put a few gallons on the land.

Slinky not good again today, breathing with difficulty and loosing control of her legs on the tiles.

Off to perform ritual lunch it being Sunday.

Of course here the non-smoker is the unusual one, all Spaniards smoke.

Hope Eddie is ok with the grandchildren.
Well if Eddie is not OK with the the kids they will have to stay in the garden. It is his home now.

Eight hours of Jungle Bunny noise now. They really should not be allowed to exist. F...ing peasants. Should fit them all with a decibel metre ankle bracelet which tasers them when the sound gets to a certain level and detects Jungle Bunny noise. Classical music is OK.

Blazing sunshine. 30 degs.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Octopussy2
Capt
Capt

#5526 Post by Octopussy2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:28 pm

Thanks for the good wishes and thanks especially 4ma for the cool video and the John Inman reference which made me laugh out loud.

This afternoon will mainly be spent helping Octokitten1 dye the ends of her hair pink.... In my day, we used hide in the bathroom, suffer an hour or so of Body Shop hemp blue-black dye (smell and consistency of cowpat) then emerge, reeking of teenage rebellion (and, er, cowpat). Now I'm apparently required to do it for her...bloody snowflake teenagers :(( ;)))

Slasher

#5527 Post by Slasher » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:25 pm
Eight hours of Jungle Bunny noise now. They really should not be allowed to exist. F...ing peasants.
May I ask Sah...is all that silly JB music down there the exception or the rule? If the former, why do the darkys pick your spot out in the sticks instead of elsewhere? Is it done on purpose?

I mean if we had a Thai cultural music racket blaring full volume all night or for 8 hours, me missus herself would grab the Enfield and shoot 'em!

Anyway I believe Caco is still in FACT in fact. Haven't seen boo of him here. Is he stuck on the Table or perhaps lying out cold in a gutter somewhere from a Stellenbosch boozarama tour? 🍷🍷🍷

Hmm...time for a late night glass of 🥃

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5528 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:47 pm

Slasher wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Anyway I believe Caco is still in FACT in fact. Haven't seen boo of him here. Is he stuck on the Table or perhaps lying out cold in a gutter somewhere from a Stellenbosch boozarama tour? 🍷🍷🍷

Hmm...time for a late night glass of 🥃
I guess that Caco 's absence is more to do with Power Shedding going on down South; it's really bad at the moment. :-q
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5529 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:48 pm

Capt, they just can't play their noise at anything apart from full blast. It is nothing to do with where we are. They are 2 kms away on an allotment across the lagoon. We are 40 kms out of town. They probably don't even know of our existence.

They drive around town with car stereo systems at full blast. A very good friend of ours lives by a popular weekend picnic spot on the river just out of town. She has up to 50 cars at a time playing noise full blast right by her house. They are just thick, ignorant, inconsiderate, black b@stard w@nkers. Apart from that they are OK.

And, still it goes on, 12 hours now.

It is actually only in the background the birds are louder but it is very irritating. They should be napalmed. Hey Capt, do you think that you little chap's drone could be fitted up for that?

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5530 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:05 pm

Arrived at airport to heavy beat drumming and 20 drunken Congolese blokes high on sunshine and beer. Irate black policeman in attendance with megaphone and arrival of security guys cooled their ardour and slowed down the groove man. Actually liked the music in the short term! =))

Power cuts, wine, ex-wives, grape picking and even Woody are all to blame for my hiatus! :)

Caco

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5531 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:24 pm

Sitting watching the flight crew of the BA 747 discussing the SID at FACT or, more likely the cricket in the cockpit!

Caco

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5532 Post by Wodrick » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:28 pm

That's an old banger you have there *Caco*
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5533 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:31 pm

Wodrick wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:28 pm
That's an old banger you have there *Caco*
Nothing but the old and knackered for Cape Town Wodrick. Captain seems to be in a good mood sitting in the cockpit, bathing in the sun, smiling, actually talking to the FO while the APU whines away.

Caco

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5534 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:39 pm

Have a good trip Caco. Guess you are direct LHR so will pass miles to the west of us over Namibia.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5535 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:57 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:39 pm
Have a good trip Caco. Guess you are direct LHR so will pass miles to the west of us over Namibia.

That is the way of it Ex-A sadly.

The early flight has just been pushed back and engines spooling up?

Beautiful moon in sight in the late afternoon sky.

IMG_20190217_165546_782.jpg
Caco

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5536 Post by Ibbie » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:43 pm

Just spent a plesant afternoon watching Bohemian Rapsody. Excellent film.

fin
Capt
Capt

#5537 Post by fin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:07 pm

Cacophonix wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:57 pm
Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:39 pm

Beautiful moon in sight in the late afternoon sky.

IMG_20190217_165546_782.jpg

Caco
In the photo, it looks something like a light fixture :-)
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

Capetonian

#5538 Post by Capetonian » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:09 pm

We saw it twice, loved it!

Caco, fly well. Could we meet up on Tuesday?

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5539 Post by CharlieOneSix » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:46 pm

Bugger! Just got an email - helicopter pilot friend for the last 51 years is in ICU after a heart attack. Got our CPL's on the same day. He lives alone and called an ambulance when he felt unwell. Apparently they restarted his heart a few times. In a coma, presumably medically induced, and on a ventilator as his breathing is very shallow. Very poorly but stable they say. Three years younger than me - has brought me up with a bit of a jolt.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5540 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:34 am

I hope your friend recovers promptly C16. And all the best to you as well.

Another week is starting and let's hope it is a quiet one. Caco enjoy your trip.