The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

General Chit Chat
Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

#5441 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:42 pm

Slash! Kick the bad Feng-Shui and the Buddhists out. Punch one or two of the Asiatic prats on the way out. Kiss your wife, drink a sip of moonshine and be happy mein Freund!

Caco

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5442 Post by OFSO » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:13 pm

Yes Slash, Apsara is going thru a difficult time. I know it well from Mrs OFSO's being torn between me and her family. Regards to her from us both. And you, halt die Öhren steif !

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5443 Post by Rwy in Sight » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Slasher, difficult times for you and your wife given the importance of families in those cultures. And Ex-Ascot is right about keeping up the moonshine supplies.

Ibie nice dog and a very generous act to adopt it. Don't you feel concerned about its behaviour and issues it might have.

Flintstone
Snr FO
Snr FO

#5444 Post by Flintstone » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:52 pm

Woody wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:41 pm
Can’t be worse than Fosters :ymsick:

Fosters is like having sex in a canoe.

**** close to water.

fin
Capt
Capt

#5445 Post by fin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:47 am

Rwy in Sight wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 pm
Slasher, difficult times for you and your wife given the importance of families in those cultures. And Ex-Ascot is right about keeping up the moonshine supplies.
Maybe. Or maybe it is like pulling back to get out of a stall.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5446 Post by llondel » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:36 am

Evening all, I seem to have fallen into a time warp and missed a few days. Fun and games half a mile down the road, some guy being chased by police crashed his truck into someone's garage and they proceeded to shoot out the read windscreen with plastic bullets, presumably because he refused to come out. Unclear at this point whether there was any other firearms discharged. Local schools all on lockdown for a while. My son walks home from work along that street (but fortunately not usually on Wednesdays) and I occasionally walk the dogs down there.

Slasher

#5447 Post by Slasher » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:47 am

ricardian wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:20 pm
At least everything is out in the open now, no more hidden secrets!
True Ric. Lime-flavoured Vodka was my sodium pentathol friend.

9.45am here. Today starting at 10 will, IMO, be the final bloody showdown. With all the nastiness that's gone on past few days I believe Ap will disown her clan and keep the line open only to her sister and a male cousin.

I was dead right about her brother. A few times yesterday I invited the prick to settle our differences outside - except it'd be a hollow victory leaving him with a bloodied face and broken jaw (believe me he deserves it) as the fat f**k doesn't know how to fight. What her said about Apsara's past to everyone left her in tears. That gutless tactic backfired on him as it made me just want to smash his head harder into pulp. I'm seldom this frigging angry but if you heard what he revealed about my wife to everyone you'd feel the same.

My final stab at these bastards will be to ring the Daffy girls at our airport and I'll announce the clan can no longer enjoy MY ticket benefits and they'll then have to pay the difference of the full airfare to get back home. I haven't done so yet in case there's a breakthrough today which I seriously doubt.

I'd show examples of what these arseholes have said and done but it's too bloody awful to post - even for me!

OFSO - Apsara is on the side of her husband. That I took her back and remarried meant the absolute world to her. If you had've been present at the War table yesterday you would fully understand why she's prepared to disown the majority of her fam.

Edit: the dicks have just arrived downstairs. I've already had my morning 'shine. Time to break out the beer.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5448 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:46 am

Morning folks. Good one on the ticket discount Capt.

Thursday town day. Haircut at 08.00 so have to leave home just after 07.00. Not much to do just usual weekly supplies.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5449 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:19 am

I am not au fait with Thai culture and family norms but no matter how these operate it seems that keeping a cool sober head, whatever the provocation, is the best way to go. I wish you an amicable conclusion to the current unpleasantness Slash.

Caco

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5450 Post by Rwy in Sight » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:41 am

fin wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:47 am
Rwy in Sight wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 pm
Maybe. Or maybe it is like pulling back to get out of a stall.
Are you referring to the family thing or the moonshine. For the liquid staff coffee also does wonder.

I hope the issue has settled in a good way for Slasher by now.

A nice winter cold day. Off to work. Also looking forward to Angels being back here.

Capetonian

#5451 Post by Capetonian » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:03 am

Compared to all that, my mother-in-law is an angel. I hope you can work your way through it all , isolate yourself and continue to be happy.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5452 Post by OFSO » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:09 am

On the 0740. TGV Perpignan to Paris. Premier class of course. Young kid, obviously. N African, jumps on just before train leaves. No luggage, just shopping bag. Sits near me. Asks if train going to Paris. Then asks me for help in getting his pathetic cracked phone to connect to train WiFi. He needs ticket number. I look at phone, contacts are in Barcelona. While doing this, lady ticket inspector arrives, says bonjour to us, asks lad for his ticket. "No ticket" he says. "Follow me" says lady and he is led away. Obviously he'd come up from Marocco or Algeria, crossed the uncontrolled border into France, now trying to head north. Doubtless will be kicked off train in Narbonne. And will get on next one...and again, one station at a time. Until finally arrives in Calais....

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5453 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:26 am

[quote...Doubtless will be kicked off train in Narbonne.... [/quote]

Whilst it's still moving?
It's always my fault - SWMBO

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5454 Post by OFSO » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:30 am

Five stops until the start of the high speed section at Nîmes. Once he's made it there, no stops until Paris so will achieve his aim. Bet he's there in next 24hrs. One of thousands heading north in search of the good life.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5455 Post by Ibbie » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:42 am

Morning folks

More cloudy today.

Picking Eddie up at 15.00 now, so some dog requirements to shop for this morning.

Capetonian

#5456 Post by Capetonian » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:56 am

Obviously he'd come up from Marocco or Algeria, crossed the uncontrolled border into France, now trying to head north. Doubtless will be kicked off train in Narbonne.
As I said in another thread yesterday, common sense, that very rare commodity, told us years ago that open borders were a rotten idea, but nobody listened until it was too late.

Capetonian

#5457 Post by Capetonian » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:33 am

I've just spotted #5375, glad to read that flynverted is back with us.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5458 Post by CharlieOneSix » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:12 am

Broke one of my hearing aid wires this morning trying to get the thing in my ear - appointment at 1130 to fix. Plus taking an alloy wheel off Mrs C16's A3 to be fixed. She kerbed the front left a few days ago. The wheel is diamond cut so not every place can fix it but found a guy a few years ago who does a fantastic job and sorts it out the same day for £50. Thinking of asking for a discount for volume - this is the fourth time she's done it in 5 years.

Fortunately this wheel is the new one that was fitted last winter after she pirouetted round a bend in the snow and wrecked the wheel and suspension hitting a kerb at speed. You can only repair a diamond cut wheel about a couple of times apparently.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5459 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:33 am

Have been watching The Silver Falcon Display team practising in their Pilatus Astra aircraft out over False Bay, saw 3 Grippens doing the same yesterday.

Beautiful day. A balmy 36 degrees here.

Caco

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5460 Post by OFSO » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:52 am

Zooming north at 299kph. Just been upstairs to get a couple of coffees. Sun drenching the carriage. Train half empty, most unusual and barman leaning on his counter, bored stiff. Not even the usual flaneurs and whores around.