The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

General Chit Chat
Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

#5481 Post by Ibbie » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:44 am

Morning folks

Eddie´s first night passed without incident and we have been for a walk in the campo. He´s settling in well.

Slash you and Ap have my sympathy and best wishes after dealing with all that crap. Hope you both enjoy the lunch.

Off into town in about an hour.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5482 Post by 4mastacker » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:05 am

Best wishes to Cap'n Slash and Mrs Slash - one hopes that your journey ahead will remain calm and peaceful.

It's all right you lot buggrin orf into town for snifters and all that, I've got bloody gout in me big toe and it's hurting like hell.

NSAIDs are taboo for me cos of me stomach meds so it's paracetamol, feet up with a cold compress and plenty to drink. Mrs 4ma is only a little bit sympathetic, she says I can drive her into town later and wait in the car whilst she does the weekly shopping. Wonderful!! What takes me about 30 minutes, including parking up, getting the stuff, paying for it, loading into the car and away, Mrs 4ma takes nigh on two hours "just looking". ~X(
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5483 Post by Alisoncc » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:36 am

4mastacker wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:05 am
so it's paracetamol, feet up with a cold compress and plenty to drink.
Cold compresses seem illogical to me. Gout is caused by excess uric acid in the blood, which when cooled forms crystals, more often than not in colder peripheral joints like the foot. The crystals accumulating in narrowing arteries block blood flow and cause intense pain. Bit like ice crystals when your plumbing is about to freeze up. The last thing you would want to do is cool your plumbing shirley. A cold compress might ease the pain, but in the long term will make the problem worse. I would have thought that warming the joint would cause the uric acid crystals to dissolve back into the blood and be ejected via the kidneys in urine.

But I is just a lowly engineer who knows nuffink about organic machines.

Alison
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5484 Post by Ibbie » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:56 am

There are folks worse off than you 4ma, all you need is some allopurinol tablets. I´ve been on them for over thirty years and never an attack since.

Another of the guys down the local has been airambulanced back to UK and is now in Addenbrooks where at the very least he will lose two toes and possibly his whole foot. He is a diabetic and toes and foot have developed gangreen.

The concerts down at Sohail Castle this summer, now kick off on 4th May with Bob Dylan. Tickets €80 and €155.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5485 Post by Magnus » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:40 am

Slash, it's a pretty poor show when the family tried to use Ap's past in an attack on you. None, I repeat NONE of us is without faults, and you two (three?) have chosen to look to the future rather than dwell on the past. Kudos to you for moving on; you're probably better off without the whole boiling of them. We may never meet, but I'll be blowing the froth off a tall cold beer later in salute to you.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5486 Post by Wodrick » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:46 am

Morning,
Cloudy over the lake but fine up here 14 for 19c.

Mind is full of what we will eat on the weekend.

*Slashers* exploits only make me think of one thing.
"Your friends you can chose, you just get family"
SM, from a large family only, speaks to one sister maybe twice a year on Skype. The rest she ignores.

Glad Eddie is settling.

Paco, recovering from Bowel Cancer, has been repairing his electric fence oposite, that means the return of his donkeys with the smell and the flies.

Deep Joy
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5487 Post by 4mastacker » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:17 am

Alisoncc wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:36 am

Cold compresses seem illogical to me. ........ Bit like ice crystals when your plumbing is about to freeze up. The last thing you would want to do is cool your plumbing shirley. ...................Alison

That's the treatment my doc has prescribed, who am I to argue?

Me toe is very inflamed and I could probably boil a kettle on it with the heat that it's producing - hence the ice pack to cool it down. Fortunately, attacks are fairly infrequent but when it strikes, geez, I know about it, as anyone else who suffers will testify. Seems strange that after having me annual MoT last week when bloods, sugars, BP, urine and organ functions were all OK, it decides to turn up when I was least expecting it.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5488 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:27 pm

OK Capt as promised months ago, I managed to get a photo of the Safari Camp accountant signing off our our VIP guest's account today. You would not stick your face between those boobs and come out alive. They would clamp together and you would be asphyxiated within minutes. She has now got a higher chair so actually it was the stomach that was resting on the table not the boobs today :-o

Successfully avoided the Chief's stupid bash by going to town, now home. Driving out of town a stupid git (NR of course) stopped for a bunch of infant school kids to cross the road and indicated them to cross into a line of oncoming traffic. There was a pedestrian crossing 10 metres up the road. I blasted my horn they all ran back apart from one little girl who froze. With emergency braking I stopped within one foot of her. In fact with the high bonnet wasn't sure if I had got her or not. Didn't hear a crump though and no blood over the windscreen which I had only cleaned this morning. That would have been very annoying. Guess who would have been to blame if I had turned her into strawberry jam. Then got shouted at by the NR for not stopping for the little brats. One swore at him in Greek.
Attachments
Er well yes.jpg
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Capetonian

#5489 Post by Capetonian » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:39 pm

Holy f*ck, I didn't realise they let the hippos into the office!

She's certainly what they would call a traditionally built lady.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5490 Post by Rwy in Sight » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:50 pm

Once I said to a lady, that I like the lady to have breasts large enough to fly a SAR mission between them.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5491 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:09 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:39 pm
Holy f*ck, I didn't realise they let the hippos into the office!

She's certainly what they would call a traditionally built lady.
Cape, next time we go in we will ask her to stand up for a photo and you will be able to see the the weight and balance aspect of her figure. God knows what size of knickers she takes. I mean, we are talking an inverted dome tent with leg holes. And, there are larger around these parts as I am sure you know.

RiS you would not want to get involved with a SAR mission between those. Your chance of survival would be very low.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5492 Post by Rwy in Sight » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:15 pm

A risk worth taking Ex A

ribrash

#5493 Post by ribrash » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:19 pm

Rwy in Sight wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:15 pm
A risk worth taking Ex A
Could be a bit musty in there. :))

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5494 Post by ian16th » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:43 pm

Slash, You have provided ammunition to the proverb that you select your friends, but relations are forced on you.

You seem to have weathered the storm, keep well.
Cynicism improves with age

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5495 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:44 pm

Just found a new trick on my kindle

Instead of typing I can swipe my finger through all the letters of a word to type it. Quite addictive and predictive text works better than when you type.

Must try a time comparison it must be much quicker than typing

So it really works it well

ribrash

#5496 Post by ribrash » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:30 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:44 pm
Just found a new trick on my kindle

Instead of typing I can swipe my finger through all the letters of a word to type it. Quite addictive and predictive text works better than when you type.

Must try a time comparison it must be much quicker than typing

So it really works it well
I have the first generation KIndle.Had it many years.All I've figured out is how to turn it on.I do have a memstick with 10,000 loaded on it so have not yet bought a book. :-bd :-bd

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5497 Post by Magnus » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:58 pm

I'm on my second gen1 Kindle. MrsP swears by her iPad, but I just swear AT it if I'm trying to read by the pool/sea in bright sunlight.

Slasher

#5498 Post by Slasher » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:36 am

Morning. 10.30am. Clear and a tolerable 27C.

Thanks for all your posts re the Great Clan War of 2018. Things are a hell of a lot better today here than yesterday. The Richter scale of Kharma is above zero for the first time this week and creeping into positive territory.

I took Apsara up in the Cub at dawn. Like me, she leaves all her troubles on the ground and I wanted to give her an hour's break. No daredevilry - just pootled around at 500 feet/80kt. She likes seeing the Sun coming up and the scenery around the hills.

Next it was the little bloke's turn. He wanted spin practice but was contented just flying a circuit. His flare and touchdown was the best ever so far. He (again) forgot the mag check before ICO.

Thanks (I think) for the pic sah. Trouble is I can't tell where her boobs end and her belly begins. Maybe RiS can find out when he does his SAR in between 'em. Who knows what he might find in there. Maybe a pork cutlet from yesterday's lunch? ;)))

handsfree
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5499 Post by handsfree » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:49 am

I am currently enjoying a plateful of Scottish kipper fillets that I picked up from the fishmonger while in Derby yesterday.
Absolute heaven and going down well with a large mug of Earl Grey tea. I shall follow up with a deliciously sweet orange
which are at their best at present.

We've been having a grand bit of weather these last few days. +7C as I type.

RIS you are a very brave man to even contemplate exploring those hidden depths of darkest Africa.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5500 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:38 am

Foggy and 18 degrees here. I blame Woody for bringing the UK weather. Will try again to contact him. He is running silent and deep. Trying to catch up on sleep I guess.

20190216_080406.jpg
Image insists on inverting. Must be a southern hemisphere thing.

Caco