The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

General Chit Chat
Slasher

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

#3281 Post by Slasher » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:28 am

Capetonian wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:40 pm
when I see the breasts of a lady jiggling as she moves around in front of me. A house mate in Coventry even taught me how to look without arousing suspicion but discussing the procedure with some lady friends made clear it is a lame technique.
When it comes to such matters women are a million times smarter than men. It's a primaeval evolutionary defence technique.
Spot on Cape but there are ways to have a pleasant afternoon of breast watching without getting caught, esp at close quarters. A bit of acting ability is needed so it may not work for everyone. How one dresses is also part of the technique strangely enough.

Plumbing upstairs is being done as I type and I must say the job downstairs yesterday was very not bad. I think the contractor is going all out to ensure he doesn't get bad press. Apsara leaves for her BKK HQ tonight and to also pick up another 2 bottles of 'shine that's arrived (which reminds me I have to top up the tabs with the capts who are importing it for me). By all accounts Yousef is very impressed his product is being successfully exported to Asia.

BTW anyone know where Caco's at? I can only assume he's bunked in at Cornhead because that's the only at I'm aware of which could be keeping him away from here. I think he mentioned somewhere he was gonna do a Dambuster raid over Germany but I'm not sure.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3282 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:58 am

Slasher wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:28 am
Capetonian wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:40 pm
when I see the breasts of a lady jiggling as she moves around in front of me. A house mate in Coventry even taught me how to look without arousing suspicion but discussing the procedure with some lady friends made clear it is a lame technique.
When it comes to such matters women are a million times smarter than men. It's a primaeval evolutionary defence technique.
Spot on Cape but there are ways to have a pleasant afternoon of breast watching without getting caught, esp at close quarters. A bit of acting ability is needed so it may not work for everyone. How one dresses is also part of the technique strangely enough.
Some advice on that would be more than welcome.

Another day started.

Slasher

#3283 Post by Slasher » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:42 am

Rwy in Sight wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:58 am
Some advice on that would be more than welcome.
Ah unfortunately, my fellow connoisseur of the larger breast, it's something that can be only taught and learned first hand through physical demonstration I'm sorry to say. I learned it as a F/O from an Indian capt who was with SIA at the time, a keen boob watcher himself. The techniques he taught me have successfully stood the tests of time.

I would've taught it to you if I had've made it to Athens.

Hmm...maybe I should publish a demonstrative video on how to do it! 💰💰 💰

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3284 Post by Woody » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:56 am

Ibbie appears to be early :D

When all else fails, read the instructions.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3285 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:00 am

OFSO wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:50 pm
I was advised by a hunter that one thing that really annoys bears is the sight and sound of humans engaged in sexual coitus.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3286 Post by OFSO » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:06 am

I can't bear it !

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3287 Post by Woody » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:12 am

OFSO wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:35 pm
I bet the person who wrote the note is that man who indulged in sex in front of lions....
This confused me, but I’ve found where it came from on the Friday joke thread :-bd

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3288 Post by 1DC » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:19 am

Bit of heavy breathing there.
The weather here is as miserable as miserable can be.I don't understand the numbers that the aeroplane people use to describe the weather but if i was to give ours a number at the moment it would be a number two.Well that is the number to describe a crap and that describes our weather at the moment..
Mrs 1DC went to her golfing coven yesterday and they decided it was too cold and wet to play so yapped for three and a half hours instead, be nice if they carried it on through the winter.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3289 Post by ian16th » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:39 am

Cynicism improves with age

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3290 Post by Woody » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

ian16th wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:39 am
90 000 litres of brandy at risk from fire.
I believe that Capetonian has property in the area.

Capetonian

#3291 Post by Capetonian » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 am

Not close enough to worry. However, even though I don't drink brandy, it's a great tragedy and I hope they can save the property and lives from danger.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3292 Post by Cacophonix » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:09 pm

Fortunate for those who love their brandy and coke that this fire was located at KWV near Paarl and not the Klipdrift distillery near Robertson. The fire, no doubt, will add an additional 'smokiness' to the product of the dark arts that is KWV brandy.

Talking of South African alcohol related anecdotes I was on the line to a colleague in Cape Town today who had his car "dinged" by a bakkie yesterday. The damage was not serious and he declined the offer to exchange insurance details on the basis of the promise of the receipt of a crate of wine from the driver who is a well known wine farmer in the Swartland area. A bottle or ten of Raconteur Syrah 2015, Swartland is well worth a penny sized dent in already dented bumper methinks.

For the rest, freezing cold, sleeting. The training R44 is heli-pad bound so I am reading the latest legal missive in the slightly amusing "debate" with a non-paying/performing party in Kenya.

All in all I would rather be in Cape Town, Nairobi, or even Philadelphia, for that matter.

Talking of W. C. Fields I was amused to see this in his profile on Wikepedia…
W. C. Fields, was an American comedian, actor, juggler and writer. Fields' comic persona was a misanthropic and hard-drinking egotist, who remained a sympathetic character despite his snarling contempt for dogs and children.
Who wouldn't want such an epitaph! =))

Caco

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3293 Post by ricardian » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:29 pm

ian16th wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:39 am
90 000 litres of brandy at risk from fire.
4,500,000 litres of whisky and rum caught fire & exploded killing 19 firemen in the Cheapside Street whisky bond fire in 1960.
Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3294 Post by Cacophonix » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:35 pm

Small hat tip to Slasher who reminded me the other night why I like Mark Knopfler's music so much. The old wizard can still turn out a good tune and decent lyrics as he proves here on his new album 'Down The Road Wherever'.

Album ordered.
The Camden Shuffle and the old one two!
=))

Caco

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#3295 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:20 pm

Afternoon folks. Another warm one. Thunderstorm last night missed us as expected. Went to inspect the bunch of wimps who wanted counselling over the lady falling out of the truck. It wasn't the group it was one guy who thought that he could get his money back trying to unsuccessfully wind up the others. They were cool. One Danish girl said to me that at least with that hole in the side of the truck now they would get more air. Apparently this guy was first off the truck this morning and started to stab the manager in the chest with his finger. The S.A. manager is well over 6' well over 20 stone. He just stood there with his arms crossed and let the guy rant on. The councilors were not needed but chatted to everyone. The trouble maker's nationality: British

Thunderstorm around again.
Attachments
Drink.jpg
Drink.jpg (4.02 KiB) Viewed 489 times
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3296 Post by Cacophonix » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:06 pm

on the basis of the promise of the receipt of a crate of wine from the driver who is a well known wine farmer in the Swartland area. A bottle or ten of Raconteur Syrah 2015, Swartland is well worth a penny sized dent in already dented bumper methinks.
Wrong wine in this case...

The farm is well worth a visit if any of the SA travelling class here are ever in the Swartland. The Badenhorst karma is good as is their wine. Lovely people.

One suspects that Capetonian may know the farm.

https://aabadenhorst.com/

As for accidents in the tourist industry, time was that South Africa didn't care much about health and safety as my English better half discovered when she asked about a riding hat when she first went horse riding out there but things have changed, not least because of the number of high profile accidents that have cost the industry huge amounts of money in injury claims and compensation.

Methinks the English troublemaker highlighted by Ex-Ascot is batting on a sticky wicket as the owner of the lodge seems to be on top of his game with regard to safety placards and advice etc. Hope the lady makes a good recovery. Injuries as a result of unrestrained rollovers and other accidents on dust and sand roads killed many national servicemen back in SA in the day.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/safa ... th-africa/

Caco

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3297 Post by ian16th » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:10 pm

Maybe Cape, with his travel industry experience can verify, but I heard of a case where a foreign tourist, hired a car in SA and after he had an incident, discovered that the insurance did not cover driving on dirt roads.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3298 Post by ian16th » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Violent thunderstorm happening on KZN South Coast.

Shutting down and unplugging PC

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3299 Post by Cacophonix » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:16 pm

ian16th wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:14 pm
Violent thunderstorm happening on KZN South Coast.

Shutting down and unplugging PC
Watch out for tornadoes and flying sharks...

Caco

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3300 Post by Magnus » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Slash & Cape, Firenze is awash with jiggly boobs in summer. Young ladies, v-neck t-shirts, bicycles and cobbles; hell of a combination. If I had the choice, I'd come back as a saddle.