Rant of the Day v2.

General Chit Chat
Capetonian

Re: Rant of the Day v2.

#701 Post by Capetonian » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:35 am

Just received a 'phishing' email supposedly from a bank that I don't even bank with.

Tried to find a contact email for them to which to forward it, in the vague hope that they might actually care, and the only way to contact them is Faecesbook or Twatter.

If I were their client today, by Monday morning I wouldn't be.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#702 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:48 pm

Some ar$eholes have defaced various statues in London, including the Bomber Command Memorial. No doubt the scrotes, if the plod ever get round to catching them, will be treated with kid gloves because of their 'uman rights.

Good men and women gave their lives so these pieces of sh!t could "express their feelings". The bastids should be horsewhipped to within an inch of their lives and then made to lick the memorial/statues clean.

Yes, I am bloody angry.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Capetonian

#703 Post by Capetonian » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:56 pm

I would like to see an introduction of the freedom of expression that a well known South African satirist described during the Apartheid years.

"You are free to say what you like, and we are free to do what we like to you for saying it."
horsewhipped to within an inch of their lives and then made to lick the memorial/statues clean.
You're a bit of a liberal!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#704 Post by OFSO » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:08 am

A replica concentration camp compete in all respects should be build somewhere ghastly and the vandals imprisoned in it for several years so they could learn from what Hunnish Apallingness the men of Bomber Command saved us.

(Apologies for my twisted grammar.)

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#705 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:56 pm
.......................You're a bit of a liberal!
I could have been really brutal, like locking them in a cell for a full month and made to listen, 24/7, to Barry Manilow records...or even worse .... Dianne Abbott giving a lecture on maths. That'll learn them.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#706 Post by OFSO » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:33 am

"Instagram helped kill my daughter", headline on BBC. Father found depressing and suicidal material on daughter's account. Why don't parents tell children that the internet isn't the real world and if you find something you don't like, TURN THE BLASTED THING OFF.

Slasher

#707 Post by Slasher » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:45 am

If that rule was followed OFSO no one would read nor post anything in the Politics forum!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#708 Post by OFSO » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:18 am

Yes but we are adults Mr Slash (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) and we have the stability, assurance, and judgement to take anything thrown at us. Children must be told that the internet is a complex beast, parts of which can and should be ignored, and is the person accessing the 'net who is in charge, not the 'net itself.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#709 Post by ian16th » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:23 pm

One of the benefits of residing where I do, is the requirements of very few clothes, including footwear.

For most of the year I were sandals. With the advent of that wonder stuff Velcro, I can buy sandals that are 100% adjustable and they fit and are comfortable.

I source my Made in China sandals from a relatively low cost shop, and seeing as the same ones have been in production for many years, I replace old ones with like for like.

Yesterday, my left sandal gave up the ghost and today I bought the latest product. It is identical.

So what is my rant?

Why is it always the left one that fails?

I now have 3 right sandals as spares.
Cynicism improves with age

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#710 Post by PHXPhlyer » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:39 pm

ian16th wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:23 pm
One of the benefits of residing where I do, is the requirements of very few clothes, including footwear.

For most of the year I were sandals. With the advent of that wonder stuff Velcro, I can buy sandals that are 100% adjustable and they fit and are comfortable.

I source my Made in China sandals from a relatively low cost shop, and seeing as the same ones have been in production for many years, I replace old ones with like for like.

Yesterday, my left sandal gave up the ghost and today I bought the latest product. It is identical.

So what is my rant?

I now have 3 right sandals as spares.
Ian:

I have the same problem, only with the right.
Unfortunately, mine are flip-flop style and not adjustable.
Too bad!

PP

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#711 Post by Wodrick » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:43 pm

It's the way you walk ;)))
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

wings folded
Capt
Capt

#712 Post by wings folded » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:44 pm

Take them to the orthopedic hospital and sell them to amputees.

compo
Capt
Capt

#713 Post by compo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:47 pm

A glove, when turned inside-out, changes "handedness". Can you not apply the same principle to footwear?

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#714 Post by ian16th » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:12 pm

wings folded wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:44 pm
Take them to the orthopedic hospital and sell them to amputees.
My late father lost a leg in an industrial accident; he had a deal with another amputee who attended the same artificial limb centre. This was for slippers!

The shared a pair.

With shoes, this didn't work out, as a matching shoe was needed for the prosthetic limb.
Cynicism improves with age

Slasher

#715 Post by Slasher » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:01 pm

ian16th wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:23 pm
Jeez you're right Ian! Never really noticed which one but since you mentioned it my sandal blowouts have always been the left one too. Buggered if I can figure out why.

Capetonian

#716 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:17 pm

Found myself sweating like a pig in rental car, then thought I'd pissed myself or worse as my bum.was hot. The bloody thing has heated seats and whilst driving on a busy M23 in sleet couldn't find the switch. Turned out it was well hidden.

A horrid beepy bleepy bunch of electronics trying to be too clever. Give me an old car any time.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#717 Post by Woody » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:42 pm

Found myself sweating like a pig in rental car, then thought I'd pissed myself or worse as my bum.was hot. The bloody thing has heated seats and whilst driving on a busy M23 in sleet couldn't find the switch. Turned out it was well hidden.
It’s going to be a while before I get that image out of my mind :-o
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Slasher

#718 Post by Slasher » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:59 pm

I once had a fancy Jap dunny that had an auto-heated seat when the sensed temp of it went below 15C.

Great idea on paper but in practice the psychological feeling that some other bastard had just taken a crap was too much. I had it permanently switched off no matter how cold the perch got in Winter.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#719 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:36 pm

Slasher wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:59 pm
I once had a fancy Jap dunny that had an auto-heated seat when the sensed temp of it went below 15C.

Great idea on paper but in practice the psychological feeling that some other bastard had just taken a crap was too much. I had it permanently switched off no matter how cold the perch got in Winter.
Nothing worse sitting on a warm toilet seat and besides, like Lord Flashheart, what I keep in my trousers is so hot that it doesn't need some bloody Japanese heater to keep the nearby environment warm! =))

Caco

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#720 Post by 4mastacker » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:50 pm

Yet another e-mail from feckin E-ON about installing a Smart meter. Already told them 'No'. Have sent them a "cease and desist" e-mail...wonder if they will take any notice.