Rant of the Day v2.

General Chit Chat
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Rant of the Day v2.

#2661 Post by OFSO » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:56 am

Bastards ! No wind today so every farmer, every person with an olive grove, is burning green waste. Smoke filling the lowlands all morning, has now reached Chateau OFSO up on the mountainside, air blue and smelly.

No sign of plumber coming up to repair ceiling. Six weeks now. OTOH nobody presented a bill for lopping our trees three weeks ago. Nor has the green council truck been up to collect the debris part-blocking the road.

Country gets more and more chaotic.

Another two weeks then back to civilization...

jimtherev
Station Padre
Station Padre

#2662 Post by jimtherev » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:46 pm

OFSO wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:56 am
.....Another two weeks then back to civilization...
Surely you don't mean London?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2663 Post by OFSO » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:59 am

Indeed. Nice quiet tree-lined street, lots of good walks available down the Thames, good pubs and restaurants, free public transport, art galleries and concerts, endless list. As Dr Samuel Johnson said.....

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2664 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:11 am

OFSO wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:59 am
Indeed. Nice quiet tree-lined street, lots of good walks available down the Thames, good pubs and restaurants, free public transport, art galleries and concerts, endless list. As Dr Samuel Johnson said.....
Pollution, crowds, stabbings, political correctness, cost of living, not an Englishman in sight, Markle, NHS, tax, no banks, no free ATMs, strikes, rail service, country pubs closing down every day, traffic jams, crimes ignored, police and ambulance reaction times, cold and wet, theatre costs, and no hippos.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2665 Post by Rwy in Sight » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:14 am

What about NR?

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2666 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:23 am

The automated checkouts don't chat with lady shoppers
But they do nag. " Follow the instructions on the key pad" "Insert cash " "Pick up your items " "Take your receipt"

FFS I'm DOIN' it

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2667 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:22 am

9.25 am. today, in the middle of reading OpsNormal. Click. Power failure. Living in rural New Zealand with visible overhead wires providing service occasionally savaged by falling trees,or drunken yobs driving into necessary supporting posts, a common occurrence, but for how long this time ?

Pick up old fashioned landline phone, still working, dial 0800 number to local Elec. Company. First listen to recorded message telling how to check on "Outages" by checking Online via their website. FFS how ? Laptop computer works off battery but not the modem, and then receive repeated recorded message apologising for delay in answering, doubtless a few thousand other residents picked up the phone at the same time ? After 20 mins give up and continue with my power denied day. 1 hour later try again, number unobtainable - off the hook ? Understandable but unacceptable. 1 hour later try again, told to check Online as usual, but after about 15 mins. actually talk to a human. Major fault affecting all of what is known as Northland ( NZ has imaginatively named localities, e.g. Northland, Westland and Southland but no Eastland ) no idea of any reconnection time.

Obviously it isn't possible to change the standard recorded message instantly everytime there is a failure somewhere in the area, but after 2 hours ? Isn't it possible to cut out all the crap on first being connected and give a brief recorded summary, even bad news, e.g. "Major fault, no Idea of repair time at this stage" is better than no news and would keep the punters happy and not blocking the telephone line or wasting staff time.

Seems too easy, so what's the problem ?

I have written to the CEO in similar vein. Breath is held.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2668 Post by OFSO » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:29 am

NRs in London come in varieties. N. Spain, all N. African. No, and I mean no, white women bringing kids to school in Castelló. All headscarfs. I am currently on bus. Like being in Marocco, jabbering in Tongues.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2669 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:36 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:11 am
OFSO wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:59 am
Pollution, crowds, stabbings, political correctness, cost of living, not an Englishman in sight, Markle, NHS, tax, no banks, no free ATMs, strikes, rail service, country pubs closing down every day, traffic jams, crimes ignored, police and ambulance reaction times, cold and wet, theatre costs, and no hippos.
You should have said no country pubs in easy motoring distance. Motoring? Impossible.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2670 Post by Rwy in Sight » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 am

As it is 2019 maybe we need to rethink the chador ban France tried to impose in 1990. Not necessarily to implement it but discuss it here.

As a matter of fact I am getting annoyed seeing more and more chador wearing ladies to appear in my city and obviously considering the bus runs on air hence no need to pay for a ticket.

Capetonian

#2671 Post by Capetonian » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:50 am

Parts of London are fine for an hour or so, then I have to get out. The further you go in the UK from the cities the more enchanting it is. There are places where people still speak English, and are polite and helpful and have respect for each other.

RiS, as usual makes good points above. I was on a train in UK once and there was a group of NR 'yooves' in the 1st. class area I was travelling in. As the ticket wallah went in and asked them for their tickets, they immediately raised a shout of: "Wat about im, wat about im" pointing to me. He said he'd get to me. Needless to say they had no tickets and he asked them to leave the train at the next stop. I had a brief chat to him later and he told me they have instructions not to engage with them or threaten them with a fine etc, as the resultant time wasted over charges of 'racism' are not worth the trouble, plus they are afraid of physical retaliation. It does piss me off that by buying a ticket when I use the trains, I am subsidising these scum.

As for the chador and similar apparel, I have no problem allowing these ladies to wear it. I would also have no problem with decreeing that the owners of any business or mode of transport would have the absolute right to deny access or use to anyone whose face was not visible.

Slasher

#2672 Post by Slasher » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:01 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:11 am
Corbyn, that butt ugly obese black...thing, islamics telling poms that Xmas is offensive, an islamic running London FFS, ineffective pansy cops, stinkshun rebellion, warm beer, **** weather and no Thai chicks.

I wouldn’t recommend the place as a vacation resort.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2673 Post by Woody » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:16 am

Has everyone been reading the Daily Mail today, lots of pent up anxiety on display :D
When all else fails, read the instructions.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2674 Post by OFSO » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:22 am

Cost of living in London about 30% less than this part of Spain. Ask Mrs OFSO about the weekly shop ! As for taxes.....crowds ? Yes, if you go to crowded places.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2675 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:28 am

On my rare forays to London I dive into the Mayfair car park opposite the Hilton and run by a team of very reliable NRs, down Park Lane, and then my beef, having to push through an ignorant throng of frogs and spics to get to my club. My folded umbrella serves well as a rapier.

Once refreshed a stroke through Shepherd's Market, largely unknown to tourists, to Trumpets to refresh my stock of shaving cream. Shock horror though, Trumpers no longer offer a complimentary whisky.

Escaping to the country involves a trip through by Londistan, formerly known as Paddy Land.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2676 Post by ian16th » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:42 am

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:28 am
Escaping to the country involves a trip through by Londistan, formerly known as Paddy Land.
Would that be County Kilburn?

I resided there, 1965-7. T'was odd being English.
Cynicism improves with age

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2677 Post by OFSO » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:59 am

A few things you blasted tourists missed out in condemning London. Surprised nobody mentioned the pea-souper fog 365 days a year, dead babies floating in the polluted Thames, orJack the Ripper lurking round dark noisesome lanes.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2678 Post by barkingmad » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:19 am

And would you really want to visit or live in London after reading the book “Londonistan”?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2679 Post by OFSO » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:21 am

Cape, you should know better, after that splendid floor show we had at Fredericks on October 4th. Will try to arrange similar at Rules on December 29th. Sorry, that should be on Upcoming Bashes thread.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2680 Post by barkingmad » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:33 am

Anyone travelled on the new exciting Azuma trains in UK?
Currently I’m speeding towards Londonistan aboard shiny new pride of LNER fleet.
Seats like boards, seat pitch reduced IAW loco airline practice, lightweight carriages which transmit every minor track blemish straight into the buttocks via aforementioned seat pan, catering schedule means aboard nearly 1hour before solid food in 1st class, synthetic progress PAs which grate after a few stations and a bewildering array of train sets which means a lottery on where you might find your booked seat.
Same on GWR to Truro from Paddington my spy informs me.
Pity the old 125s are being retired as the comfort factor is very different even if they were tired.
But, heyho, that’s progress on our currently privatised rail network.
But when J C gets the reins it’ll all be good then.........