Rant of the Day v2.

General Chit Chat
G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Rant of the Day v2.

#6381 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:05 am

Have you discovered the short cut that allows you to by-pass the mandatory tour of the entire store in order to reach the meatballs?

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6382 Post by TheGreenAnger » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:10 am

G-CPTN wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:05 am
Have you discovered the short cut that allows you to by-pass the mandatory tour of the entire store in order to reach the meatballs?
The short road to Nirvana? No, pray give us directions oh Maharishi CPTN! We poor travelers in the vale of tears known as the kingdom of Ikea, crave such mystical knowledge! ;)))
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6383 Post by TheGreenAnger » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:20 am

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:32 pm
Would the water service be liable for property damage?

PP
They should be but their directors are so busy paying themselves fat bonusses despite the creaking and leaking water infrastructure, that one wonders whether justice will be done and fair recompense made!
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6384 Post by Woody » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:35 am

G-CPTN wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:05 am
Yes, but not allowed to use it, have to suffer the full experience :((
When all else fails, read the instructions.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6385 Post by OFSO » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:45 am

Mem and her niece have gone to IKEA today. I was excused* after accepting I will go to TKMax tomorrow, agreed provided I don't have to enter Primark whatever that is.

*I also chained myself to the radiator and swallowed the key.

Little known fact: IKEA meatballs are made of the scrapings of reindeer hide in the rectal area. Don't worry if you don't taste them initially because you will for the next six weeks.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6386 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:35 am

To survive the TK Maxx experience bag a seat in the shoe area. Usually near the dressing rooms.

Pet hate is women, always women, that bag several seats outside the dressing rooms, one for FA and the rest for their loot. Worse, even when they are in the dressing room or searching for more loot.

I either dump stuff on the floor or ask them to move over.

Mind you, given the right circumstances men will do it too. Old style 10 seat crew buses, 5 seats back to back. 5 man crew, first man dumps Nav bag on first seat and sits on second. Second man ditto on the other side. 3rd and 4th then occupy respective 3rd and 4th seats.

AEO dumps bag by driver and climbs over everyone to the 5th seat.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6387 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:12 am

Extract from the Telegraph today about Dick Turpin exhibition :
We were shocked to receive complaints to change his name but despite any potentially rude connotations, we’re here to say that Dick is here to stay.”

Howard Johnson, a co-owner of rival Yorkshire attraction Eden Camp, said: “A vote for common sense. Ignore these woke idiots.”
I find Camp is offensive suggestive a gay phobia.

Also all Thomas's named John should be banned until their name is changed.

Anyone named Riddle or Piddle also be cautioned, especially if called James.

Rank is also suspected, as was Goblin as in teasmaid.

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6388 Post by TheGreenAnger » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:31 am

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:12 am
Extract from the Telegraph today about Dick Turpin exhibition :
We were shocked to receive complaints to change his name but despite any potentially rude connotations, we’re here to say that Dick is here to stay.”

Howard Johnson, a co-owner of rival Yorkshire attraction Eden Camp, said: “A vote for common sense. Ignore these woke idiots.”
I find Camp is offensive suggestive a gay phobia.

Also all Thomas's named John should be banned until their name is changed.

Anyone named Riddle or Piddle also be cautioned, especially if called James.

Rank is also suspected, as was Goblin as in teasmaid.
Not to mention the Rods of this world! :))

I knew a bloke called Vince Uren, who was perpetually pissed off at people laughing and taking the pee out of his name! As you say though, he should have been happy his name wasn't Jimmy Riddle!

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6389 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:54 pm

To survive the TK Maxx experience bag a seat in the shoe area. Usually near the dressing rooms.
At last they have seats ? Unlike most stores that don't have a "Bored Husband Seat" ?

P.s. Never heard of TK Maxx, ( Typo ? ) my only experience of a - presumably - similar store is TJ Maxx in California, sadly a Magnetic Mecca that Mrs. ExS can't pass, but their only Bored Husbands Seats are by, and in if I want to take advantage of their "try on" area, the female shoe section, too.

compo
Capt
Capt

#6390 Post by compo » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:04 am

TK Maxx is next door to TJ Maxx

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6391 Post by Woody » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:30 am

Car insurance renewal increased by 33% :((
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6392 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:33 am

compo wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:04 am
TK Maxx is next door to TJ Maxx
Same store, different name in UK.

Same as Office Depot and Office World iirc, though in that instance World means more to the English than depot.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6393 Post by CharlieOneSix » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:28 am

Woody wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:30 am
Mrs C16's car insurance renewal was £6 cheaper than last year (Direct Line). There's no logic to the insurance industry.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6394 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:19 pm

I had heard it rumoured that car insurance would be cheaper this year.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6395 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:39 pm

Just got my TV Licence reminder. What a load of shysters. My licence, and I quote, is my must have pass to live TV to 480+ TV channels...

It covers you to watch free channels and any packages you might pay for..... plus Live streaming on services like Amazon Prime.

You'll also be able to access BBC programmes on iPlayer

Since ******* hell have I needed to pay for the other broadcast channels?

If Mrs PN didn't default to BBC News and repeats I would cancel like a shot.

larsssnowpharter
Capt
Capt

#6396 Post by larsssnowpharter » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:15 pm

Last weekend, family business meant I had to drive down to Brighton, stay overnight and then head to Cornwall to see ancient pater. For company, I took Sproglette Senior.

Duty done, we headed back to Norfolk and decided on the A303 as Sproglette Senior expressed a wish to see this well known World Heritage Centre. We pulled into the overflow carpark and ambled down to the new Centre.

The cost of entry was an unbelievable £39.90 per adult! Loads of foreigners were paying this and snapping up the 'free' guide before taking on the 30 min+ walk to the site. Buses available at extra cost.

We didn't pay anything and took the public right of way staying outside the ropes encircling the rocks. We were perhaps 10 metres further away than those paying the exorbitant fee. Felt it was all a bloody rip off by some guvvinment quango.

Footnote: As a sprig, my father was stationed at Culdrose on ATDU and we regularly travelled the A303 stopping at Stonehenge for a picnic and sitting on the stones. Free.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6397 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:23 pm

larsssnowpharter wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:15 pm

We didn't pay anything and took the public right of way staying outside the ropes encircling the rocks. We were perhaps 10 metres further away than those paying the exorbitant fee. Felt it was all a bloody rip off by some guvvinment quango.

Footnote: As a sprig, my father was stationed at Culdrose on ATDU and we regularly travelled the A303 stopping at Stonehenge for a picnic and sitting on the stones. Free.
When I lived in the West Country, I, likewise, travelled the A303, and visited Stonehenge 'for free'.

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#6398 Post by k3k3 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:53 pm

Woody wrote:
Last week I got my combined house and car insurance renewal from Admiral, it had increased by 34%!

I phoned them and said they were speaking to a soon to be ex-customer unless they can come up with a very good story including fairy princesses, unicorns and lepracauns.

After a bit of to and fro and waffle, they reduced the premium to the same as last year.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6399 Post by llondel » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:08 pm

k3k3 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:53 pm
Woody wrote:
Last week I got my combined house and car insurance renewal from Admiral, it had increased by 34%!

I phoned them and said they were speaking to a soon to be ex-customer unless they can come up with a very good story including fairy pricesses, unicorns and lepracauns.

After a bit of to and fro and waffle, they reduced the premium to the same as last year.
I used to have that with car insurance and Direct Line. I would get the quote, go to the website and enter the same details, then call them up and ask why the website price was much lower. Usually they'd give me the website price, except one time when the chap on the phone said that the system wouldn't let him do it this time because they'd done it the previous year(!) He then suggested I cancel the policy and sign up again on the website, which is what I did. I hate dealing with insurance companies.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6400 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:45 pm

I am curious how much UK house insurance now is, relative to the insured replacement cost of a home. Anyone care to share some data?