Rant of the Day v2.

General Chit Chat
Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Rant of the Day v2.

#441 Post by Woody » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:55 am

Back to Perry Oaks International tomorrow morning at ridiculous o’clock, no champagne, just luke warm tea and coffee :((
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#442 Post by Woody » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:53 pm

When all else fails, read the instructions.

Capetonian

#443 Post by Capetonian » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:46 am

What is wrong with an old-fashioned kettle on a gas ring to make tea?
So many people have these awful 'boiler' things or 'boiling water' dispensers, which are slow, cumbersome, and don't make a decent cup of tea.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#444 Post by OFSO » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:50 pm

Two hours on the phone to Telefonica to (a) work out a double bill and (b) cancel my house phone. As neither paper nor internet bills are ever issued (you just have to watch your bank statements) there's no account number; the only reference is your name, date of bill, and amount. It's a licence to rob ya.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#445 Post by OFSO » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:17 pm

Returned home after lunch at a tiny French restaurant run by a top chef in hiding from his previous overwhelming job in Clermant-Ferrant (but still dedicated to his profession of providing better food than anywhere in the world, and he does)....... to tidy the house before estate agent brought up possible purchasers. Estate Agent rang to cancel 15 minutes before appointment. Not the first time he has done it, so now blacklisted on my Huawei. F*cking little arsehole git, full of self-importance, living on one sale a year at 5% commission.

Slasher

#446 Post by Slasher » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:47 pm

OFSO wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:17 pm
Estate Agent rang to cancel 15 minutes before appointment.

Can't you do your own selling and conveyancing where you're at OFSO? Far cheaper and less ***** involved. Plus you eliminate said gIt.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#447 Post by OFSO » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Yes I have a home-made "for sale" notice on my house, and two possibles have contacted me. That would save me 5% if one purchased. Notary costs are paid by the purchaser. Capital Gains Tax can be paid in one's own country, law been been in effect since 2015, but nobody here has heard of that. Or takes any notice of it. I have experience of buying and selling property in three other countries, all models of simplicity - or perhaps logic would be a better word - compared with this one.

larsssnowpharter
Capt
Capt

#448 Post by larsssnowpharter » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:35 pm

Ok, I'll admit I put on the old blazer and pinned on me paltry 2 gongs today and went to mass at my parish church. Good service, scouts and guides did well but the sermon banged on about those who had 'given their lives'.

Very few 'gave' their lives; their lives were TAKEN from them. Most did not even volunteer but were sacrificed at the hand of incompetent or self serving politicians.

They may have had their lives sacrificed on the altar of nationalism, some may have felt like they were doing their duty but they did not 'give' their lives.

Slasher

#449 Post by Slasher » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Good point Mr pharter. 👍🏻

In the extremely few church services I've been to in my life, I used to get super pissed off when the priest parson whatever said "we" allow wars to start and that "we" ignore the resultant hunger and poverty that innocents suffer by simply being on the natural invasion routes.

I felt like jumping out of the herd and ask who among us here have done those things? Speak for yourself pal! [-(

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#450 Post by 4mastacker » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:26 pm

The Leader of HM's Loyal Opposition can't even wear a decent coat on what is a serious occasion. Instead he looks like someone you would find at the end of a railway station platform writing down loco numbers or sitting on a blanket in a shop doorway asking for loose change. Man's a t**d.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Capetonian

#451 Post by Capetonian » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:45 pm

Corbyn is doing a good job at turning public opinion against him, although I suppose the type of idiots who might vote for him would not have watched the service, and would not have been aware of the significance of the occasion. As I wrote on another thread earlier, the man is one of the biggest threats currently facing the UK.

izod tester
Capt
Capt

#452 Post by izod tester » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:02 pm

I think you have seriously impugned the character of train spotters there.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#453 Post by Wodrick » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:07 pm

And a RED tie
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#454 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:56 pm

4mastacker wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:26 pm
The Leader of HM's Loyal Opposition can't even wear a decent coat on what is a serious occasion.
Who remembers Michael Foot in 1981?

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#455 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:40 am

Did the Duffle coat sellers a service, didn't he ?

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#456 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:51 am

Yes, but would the coat scrote have committed Britain to go to war against Germany in revenge for the assassination of an Austrian prince in Bosnia?

Would he have viewed the obviously impending massive loss of life as being glorious and 'worth it'? Or would he have argued against the insanity of that war just as he argued against the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq?

Capetonian

#457 Post by Capetonian » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:54 pm

1) When I have the misfortune to have to stand in a queue, the person behind me stands DIRECTLY behind me with their nose in the back of my neck. If I step sideways to reduce the proximity, they will also step sideways to remain directly behind me. Apart from farting copiously and odiferously, which I cannot always do on demand, how do I avoid this problem?

2) I brought some clothing back from CPT for a friend of mine who has left his wife partly because she is a nicotine addict. Everything that was in my suitcases now stinks of stale cigarettes. I have taken it down to the garage and vacuum sealed it in plastic packets. When I walk back into the house from outside I can still smell it.

larsssnowpharter
Capt
Capt

#458 Post by larsssnowpharter » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:17 pm

THE BLACK BITCH DISSOLVES PARLIAMENT!

Lovely afternoon here so took the Black Bitch on one of our regular walking routes. This takes us around the edge of playing fields belonging to a public school. About 10 rugby pitches and just 2 soccer pitches

The fields regularly have hordes of seagulls dutifully stamping on the grass to imitate rain so as to lure unwary earthworms to the surface for a quick devouring. The Black Bitch takes great exception to these birds besmirching the otherwise unsullied grass pastures and expends great energy chasing them into the sky.

Today there were no gulls. Instead there was a group/flock of magpies. Total of 15, more than I had ever seen together in my life. The hound looked about as if checking for gulls and them clearly thought, 'These'll do' and duly broke up the meeting.

Magpies are in the crow family and, according to references, a group of 15 is correctly called a 'Parliament'. So, the Black Bitch did indeed dissolve a parliament.

You didn't think one was referring to an MP, I hope.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#459 Post by Magnus » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:51 pm

One dearly wishes that many MPs would be dissolved.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#460 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:43 pm

1) When I have the misfortune to have to stand in a queue, the person behind me stands DIRECTLY behind me

When queuing at a Bank's ATM machine in the High St, why does everyone queue at rt. angles to the wall, thereby blocking the footpath, wot's wrong with queuing parallel to the wall ?