Chief Pilot

Re: Rant of the Day v2.

#1841 Post by ian16th » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:59 am

Slasher wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:42 am
OFSO wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:46 am
Snot, excrement, blood...
True, but sh!t tops the list and can be found on almost everything. I reckon it's because people scratch their arses and simply carry on, and also not putting the lid down when flushing their turds (especially when they're all sloppy).

Then there's India. :ymsick:
Ill see your India, and raise you Pakistan!
Cynicism improves with age

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1842 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:34 am

ian16th wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:59 am
Slasher wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:42 am
OFSO wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:46 am
Snot, excrement, blood...
True, but sh!t tops the list and can be found on almost everything. I reckon it's because people scratch their arses and simply carry on, and also not putting the lid down when flushing their turds (especially when they're all sloppy).

Then there's India. :ymsick:
Ill see your India, and raise you Pakistan!
I will raise you Bangladesh.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1843 Post by OFSO » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:02 am

I will raise you........the whole of France !

Slasher

#1844 Post by Slasher » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:39 am

Gentlemen gentlemen...I can top all of those places by giving you

CALCUTTA

If steaming human excrement be at the centre of the Universe then that's where it is.

Also doubles as a potential post in The Worst Alternate I've Diverted To thread (should someone kick it off).

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1845 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:54 am

Slasher, probably why they wear Dohtis go anywhere.

Bughis Street was up there too. Deep breath and hold, too for half, out breath, repeat as necessary. Sitting down was never contemplated.

Slasher

#1846 Post by Slasher » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:01 am

Yes Bughis St of old. It's all shifted to Geylang around lorong 20 to 24. Seeing the girls (and pretend girls) squatting taking a pee in the street gutter at 2am is not uncommon. Neither is their sudden spew-ups on the footpaths. Didn't see any **** though.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1847 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:15 am

Slasher wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:39 am
Gentlemen gentlemen...I can top all of those places by giving you

CALCUTTA

If steaming human excrement be at the centre of the Universe then that's where it is.

Also doubles as a potential post in The Worst Alternate I've Diverted To thread (should someone kick it off).
As a city I will agree. Once thought I saw a doll on a rubbish heap.got closer and was a baby. **** in the gutter up the street and washing in it down the street. Truely awful. Had to go there because our principle pax was going to meet that nun woman.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1848 Post by Woody » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:37 am

After last weekend I think Bristol Waterfront area,should be added to the list, full of stag and hen night parties all trying to outdo each other on who could get pissed quickest and I was on a stag weekend, but at least I don’t have to go back :ymsick:
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Slasher

#1849 Post by Slasher » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:50 am

Yes sah I recall you relating that some time ago.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1850 Post by Magnus » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:24 am

Bar manager mate used to have the ice bucket on the bar. Took the meltwater for analysis and there was a remarkably high level of urine and feral bacteria. Ice sir? No thanks.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1851 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:56 pm

Magnus wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:24 am
Bar manager mate used to have the ice bucket on the bar. Took the meltwater for analysis and there was a remarkably high level of urine and feral bacteria. Ice sir? No thanks.
I guess folk helping themselves with their mits. I am reluctant to help myself from peanut bowls off a bar for the same reason. At our raki place here you get a bowl of peanuts on the table. Absolutely sure they go back into the jar if you leave any.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1852 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:03 pm

Magnus wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:24 am
I read that at first that he kept the ice bucket BELOW the bar 😁

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1853 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:53 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47494518 Always had my own office and ate sarnies in there whilst working then went for a 30 min walk. Can't see what is wrong with egg sarnies used to often have them. Curry yes but if I wanted a cooked meal would go to the mess. Most of my chaps would eat sarnies in the ops room we couldn't really take a lunch break. Bots is terrible. Nothing happens between.13.00 and 14.00. They all eat takeaways at their desks.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1854 Post by OFSO » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:52 pm

Friends who worked in India told me they always ate fresh snacks prepared blistering hot from market stalls, never had any stomach trouble, unlike westerners in posh hotels eating from the buffet. In contrast, my wife's family all on holiday in N Africa suffered agonising stomach problems for weeks afterwards. All except my father-in-law who indulged in a sufficiency of fig brandy after every meal and remained completely unscathed.

Slasher

#1855 Post by Slasher » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:40 am

At the training facility one generally goes to the 24h restaurant canteen for a feed. I might go there for a coffee and sandwich. No eating allowed in the sim nor briefing rooms, but during redeye seshes the latter is ignored. The kids like their rice pork or chook with sugary drinks during briefings. If they like me they might pass me a chicken leg to chew while I waffle on.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1856 Post by OFSO » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:21 am

Potential purchasers made an offer for the house with substantial reductions in price for the work they wanted to do modifying our place; not for repairs and fixes, but for changes to suit themselves. Have had the same in Spain. Idiots. Sent packing.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1857 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:45 am

Works the other way too. Our £20k on for the solar panels. Neglected to say the company had gone bust so no warranty.

Admit when we bought our previous home in didn't have a kitchen at all, in 12 years everything free standing apart from the sink.

Just had a thought: she had divorced and returned to the USA. Our buyers were Brits but returning from the USA.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1858 Post by OFSO » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:59 pm

Got on bus today, crowded with kids in school uniforms, screaming and shouting, blocking the aisles, not giving up seats for elderly and infirm. Not a teacher in sight. Until we reached St Paul's where sullen-faced teachers came down from the upper deck where they had sat in peace, having dumped their charges downstairs. As they got off Mrs OFSO complained to one, "Why, you go' summit to say ?" was the reply. School was Our Lady of the Sacred Heart. Both teachers and all kids African.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1859 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:55 pm

Had this on a few school trips abroad, where we were sharing facilities with other schools. I remember a coach trip shared with one school where their teachers all sat at the front. Whilst their last late miscreant was being searched for in the hotel, their kids at the back got gradually rowdier until the Quebecois driver was on the point of scrubbing the trip. A colleague and myself, having appealed to their staff in vain, went down the back and sat in the two spare seats in the middle of them. After about 5 minutes, with some quiet but firm explanation, they settled down enough for the journey to commence. After 15 minutes, we we chatting with some of them. It is the staff that are the problem, most times.

Capetonian

#1860 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:26 pm

As they got off Mrs OFSO complained to one, "Why, you go' summit to say ?" was the reply.
Because you is racist.

I would write to the school. I did that with some success recently over a group of badly behaved kids on a train from Guildford to Dorking. At least I got a phone call from the head.