Rant of the Day v2.

General Chit Chat
Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Rant of the Day v2.

#7141 Post by Wodrick » Fri May 12, 2023 4:36 pm

So I am strolling from the ATM back to my parked car, no more than 200m. Thinks that van is reversing mighty close to my car, it drives off after twatting my front wing.
Getting pretty battered my VW, no funds to fix or better replace ................. not done 100,000 yet.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7142 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri May 12, 2023 4:42 pm

Remember driving my XK8 into Seville to see the sights. They all drove like idiots. I had travelled about a quarter mile off the motorway on the main street into town before deciding cowardice was the better part of discretion and found a quiet street straight back out again. The very-dented police car I saw was the final straw.
Went to Italica instead - very nice!

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7143 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sun May 14, 2023 11:05 pm

It finally happened! :-o
1507L / 2207Z
I could no longer bear it. [-X
OAT on unit 102oF / IAT 85oF ~X(
AC turned on first time since mid-fall.
Will be on practically non-stop for the next 5 months. $$$$$ :(( X(

PP

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Schweppes Mixer bottles

#7144 Post by Boac » Thu May 18, 2023 8:16 pm

Is anyone else finding operating the cap of the new design (on UK bottles anyway) a pain in the arse? Before any of our resident wise ones tell me I am trying to open the bottle the wrong way, I should clarify I am using my hands.

I cannot get the loosened cap to separate completely from the collar. I've tried scissors, pliers and a sharp blade and I am always left with a sharp bit of plastic that just gets in the way.

It's enough to drive you to drink.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7145 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu May 18, 2023 10:40 pm

What kind of bottles? :-?

PP

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Schweppes Mixer bottles

#7146 Post by Karearea » Thu May 18, 2023 11:21 pm

Boac wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 8:16 pm
Is anyone else finding operating the cap of the new design (on UK bottles anyway) a pain in the arse? Before any of our resident wise ones tell me I am trying to open the bottle the wrong way, I should clarify I am using my hands.

I cannot get the loosened cap to separate completely from the collar. I've tried scissors, pliers and a sharp blade and I am always left with a sharp bit of plastic that just gets in the way.

It's enough to drive you to drink.
Like these from Coca Cola?
Coca‑Cola Great Britain (CCGB) has announced it will introduce new, attached caps to its plastic bottles, making it easier to recycle the entire package and ensure no cap gets left behind.
https://www.coca-cola.co.uk/our-busines ... at-britain
And with the morn, those angel faces smile...

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7147 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Thu May 18, 2023 11:24 pm

Of course the best solution is not recycling, but not cycling.
Stop buying stuff in plastic bottles.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7148 Post by OFSO » Fri May 19, 2023 5:45 am

Went in Robert Dayas to buy a CCTV camera yesterday, £12. Empty box on display, "take to checkout". Tiny Indian girl on duty. I could not understand her English. She could not find the camera that went in box. Searched and searched, asked others. Finally found it, said last one, not boxed, did I want it? At least that's probably what she said. By then I'd lost interest and said no and left.
Company policy: hire the cheapest staff they can find and then are amazed when customers go elsewhere.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7149 Post by Hydromet » Fri May 19, 2023 7:07 am

^ Exactly the same here, in many places. Funnily enough, there's one electronics chain here that seems to hire good staff and train them. Fore some reason, can't work out what it is, they've been one of the best performing companies, profit wise, for the last 20 years. Wonder what they're doing wrong.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7150 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri May 19, 2023 8:23 am

I had a tonic bottle yesterday. No problem opening it. Used a narrow wrench to grip the lower plastic and a thicker one for the upper. Job done.

At Christmas I went to open a bottle metal capped red wine. I used a hack saw to separate the two parts but the upper resisted all attempts. Eventually drilled the cap.

Naked Wine, to their due, refunded the cost.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7151 Post by Woody » Fri May 19, 2023 8:40 am

Seeing as they made over £800 million profit last year how about giving the rest of the staff a raise to this level X(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65637493
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7152 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri May 19, 2023 8:42 am

Have done two online orders for pick up in last 10 days.
Until last year, a two minute process.
Now there's a 10 minute+ wait at customer service because every one in front suddenly has a problem that now needs a supervisor (one needed the duty manager). And part of my online order was cancelled because of no stock, yet I checked the shelves and found stock.
Same customer-facing staff, but the company has obviously changed its procedures to allow for useless staff (i.e. supervisor approval required for everything), which is probably what they've now got in Ontario, and in the back picking online orders here.

I refuse to deal with phone contacts now, at all. The waits are ridiculous, it's almost impossible to understand the staff when they do answer, and they don't have the authority to solve simple problems. I've taken to writing again. The stamps aren't cheap but the problem gets solved.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7153 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri May 19, 2023 9:36 am

Fox, I have CEO dot Com (:)) on my browser tab. Don't like using it too often but never fails to get results. We had a very large builder's sign 'Coming Soon' for several years and they had no intention of doing any development. I eventually tracked down the CEO who was surprised about the sign (3 take-overs previous) and it was gone in 4 days. Result!

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7154 Post by 4mastacker » Fri May 19, 2023 9:56 pm

The pikeys are back in town!!

The bastids try to con our 82 year old neighbour into having work done that didn't need doing. They tried it on three times in the space of an hour with a different scrote knocking on her door each time. They're van had false plates which I managed to clock. Called the police and to their credit, plod were at our neighbours house in fairly short order.

Plod said it was one of several attempts around town yesterday to con vulnerable folk out of their cash. About time these caravan utilising nomadic travellers with their "protected characteristics" status were properly protected...... preferably locked up behind prison walls.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7155 Post by OneHungLow » Fri May 19, 2023 10:16 pm

4mastacker wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:56 pm

The bastids try to con our 82 year old neighbour into having work done that didn't need doing. They tried it on three times in the space of an hour with a different scrote knocking on her door each time. They're van had false plates which I managed to clock. Called the police and to their credit, plod were at our neighbours house in fairly short order.

Plod said it was one of several attempts around town yesterday to con vulnerable folk out of their cash. About time these caravan utilising nomadic travellers with their "protected characteristics" status were properly protected...... preferably locked up behind prison walls.
These scum should be laid out in stocks in order to allow the aggrieved populace to urinate upon the them. Anybody who preys on the elderly in this way deserves a long and very hard time in prison, and in society generally.
The observer of fools in military south and north...

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7156 Post by Hydromet » Sat May 20, 2023 3:02 am

OneHungLow wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 10:16 pm

These scum should be laid out in stocks in order to allow the aggrieved populace to urinate upon the them. ...
Not even if they were on fire.
We get them, along with assorted other Euro-trash, during the summer. One made the mistake of calling on my mother with his proposal to repair her roof (which didn't need repairing} while I was visiting her. He was smartly given his marching orders.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7157 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat May 20, 2023 9:29 am

4ma, thanks. Duly noted.

PN

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7158 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat May 20, 2023 1:02 pm

4mastacker wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:56 pm

Is it the lot that occupied Aldi and then moved on to Dysart Park?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7159 Post by Boac » Sat May 20, 2023 6:07 pm

Someone called 'Philp Schofield' is popping up on news pages under the heading 'entertainment'. Anyone know why?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7160 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat May 20, 2023 6:23 pm

Boac wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:07 pm
Someone called 'Philp Schofield' is popping up on news pages under the heading 'entertainment'. Anyone know why?
Why? Did he get a bum deal?