Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:41 pm
My Mute button is wearing out.

Reading you fives. o:-)

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Rant of the Day v2.

#882 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:30 pm

Good decision by the Home Secretary, I say.

Does the child also lose British citizenship? Can that be done retrospectively, ie after the birth of a child to a mother who was British at the time of the infant's birth?

Are the Dutch going to rescind the citizenship of the Jihadi father?

Does the kid have triple nationality now?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#883 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:44 pm

Does the child have a birth certificate?

I think we should be told . . .

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#884 Post by OFSO » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:16 pm

Interesting. UK Nationality rescinded because the person has the possibility of acquiring another nationality. Bangladeshi one presumes. And if they refuse to grant it ? Oh, she must be so worried. Poor kid.

(Takes out and cuts onion, sniffs deeply, sadly no tears appear.)

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#885 Post by CharlieOneSix » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:07 pm

At least the Home Sec has acted before some media organisation paid for her to get back to the UK in return for a scoop...."My time as an IS bride...". I think that was a real danger.

Ten years ago I used a firm of local architects for an extension. They were ISIS Architecture Ltd. They decided to change the name to Hyve Architects for some reason!
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#886 Post by Magnus » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:57 am

I commend to you the front cover of the new Private Eye.

Slasher

#887 Post by Slasher » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:17 am

4mastacker wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:19 pm
Javid has grown a pair
I also say excellent. Thank the Fates islamics and the left wing do-gooder brigade don't quite run England yet.

The bitch and her kid should be sent back to Syria on a garbage scow. Let her fester and rot there. With luck she'll get shot.

RIP those thousands of innocents horribly tortured and murdered by the Daesh filth.

PS: Plum mate, who gives any form of grabastic sh!t about her spawn. If the islamic slut hadn'tve gone to Syria the kid would never have been born anyway. Fukkem both.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#888 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:33 am

Outbreaks of irrational, illogical and essentially ill thought out emotion flow across the transom here like dust in a one neuron tumbleweed town!

Whatever you think about this woman, I agree with you guys, but as for a politician being able to summarily remove somebody's citizenship on a whim, smacks me as being illegal, unconstitutional and more worthy of an autocratic regime than a democracy that values the rule of law. First step to a totalitarian state guys. The rule of law matters.

Just saying.

Caco

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#889 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:48 am

Slasher wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:17 am
who gives any form of grabastic sh!t about her spawn.
The Security Service.

In 18 years time that kid will be a young man who has been brought up by two ISIL veterans and inculcated with their philosophy and value system and modus operandi. He will have a British passport and a right of entry and abode in the UK. He will speak English with his mother's Bethnal Green accent and will be able to merge into society lawfully and almost invisibly.

Such a person would be of extreme concern to the Security Service, with good reason.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#890 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:50 am

Cacophonix wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:33 am
The rule of law matters.
Agreed. That's why it is appropriate that she has a right of appeal through the courts.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#891 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:59 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:50 am
Cacophonix wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:33 am
The rule of law matters.
Agreed. That's why it is appropriate that she has a right of appeal through the courts.
I agree that the right of appeal is critical but also feel that in a society where the Home Office feels that the right of citizenship is contingent upon their indulgence and move to strip people of their citizenship, whatever the legality of that action, for political capital, as opposed to good governance within the context of the law, then we are on a slipppery slope.

In this case Javid is playing to the peanut gallery, and when this case goes to appeal and he loses, as he will, then he can play the populist game of saying, I tried but was thwarted by the interference of the courts, and no doubt there will be another froth of outrage here, which is exactly how politicans (of many stripes) want to play the masses for fools who, mostly, care not a jot for civics, democracy or the rule of law, until it is too late!

A slippery slope as I said.

Caco

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#892 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:22 am

Yes, fair point. There is always scope for an arbitrary and capricious Home Secretary to overstep the mark.

An example of that is him/her forbidding certain people from travelling out of the country lest they join up with "terrorist", instead of "freedom fighting", groups who oppose the sovereign government of Syria.

Confiscating passports is also a slippery slope on which the Home Secretary regularly treads. We used to excoriate the Soviet bloc countries for doing what we now do routinely in the name of "freedom".

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#893 Post by OFSO » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:40 am

On a Whim ? Come, come, this isn't Brexit. Suggestions that the Government will lose the Appeal are premature.

All may be academic as one hears the person is about to apply for Dutch citizenship.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#894 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:59 am

OFSO wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:40 am
On a Whim ? Come, come, this isn't Brexit. Suggestions that the Government will lose the Appeal are premature.

All may be academic as one hears the person is about to apply for Dutch citizenship.
Javid has no basis for making this ruling in English or International law. He would lose.

Caco

ribrash

#895 Post by ribrash » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:08 am

Has anyone actually seen the baby ? Who would have realised she was preggers given the Demi Rousos tent she was wearing.She didn't look in anyway traumatised when on TV the next day after the birth.

Slasher

#896 Post by Slasher » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:08 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:48 am
Slasher wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:17 am
who gives any form of grabastic sh!t about her spawn.
The Security Service.
Fair enough when you put it that way. Obvious the little bastard be adopted to real English non-islamics in Blighty and the bitch despatched to Syria.

Who knows? Little cnut might turn out useful.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#897 Post by Magnus » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:56 am

Sorry, Caco; it's not the case that he would necessarily lose. Trust me, I've been battling the vagaries of the 1981 British Nationality Act since my daughter was born in Australia in 1983 and there was an error in the legislation that led to her being British by Descent, rather than Otherwise than by Descent. If the ISIL groupie has either Bangladeshi citizenship by descent, or Dutch citizenship by marriage, then revocation of her British Citizenship is valid, as she would not be rendered stateless.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#898 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Magnus wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:56 am
Sorry, Caco; it's not the case that he would necessarily lose. Trust me, I've been battling the vagaries of the 1981 British Nationality Act since my daughter was born in Australia in 1983 and there was an error in the legislation that led to her being British by Descent, rather than Otherwise than by Descent. If the ISIL groupie has either Bangladeshi citizenship by descent, or Dutch citizenship by marriage, then revocation of her British Citizenship is valid, as she would not be rendered stateless.
You are correct on the highlighted Magnus and on the key lynch pin being the point about being rendered stateless, but I would argue that any good barrister could argue the case against the flimsy basis for stripping her citizenship when there are so many other precedents for people with similar situations, who represented a far greater threat to the UK, who were subsequently readmitted as British Citizens.

I hope she does appeal, and that this is tested in an English Court, not because I am any kind of supporter of Ms Begum or her ilk, but because this is a very important case for all British citizens and will give further definition to the rights and duties inherent in being a British citizen!

It is also good to have an informed discussion about this and not the usual froth that renders these rants so bloody senseless! ;)))

PS - I have had occasion to take the HO to the High Court before and won my case. :-bd

This was an overtly political act that pushes the interpretation of English law on the subject of citizenship to a new extreme. It should be tested in court.

Caco

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#899 Post by OFSO » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:59 pm

Yes well Caco. I hope the family raises the money: I hope they go to Appeal. And I hope they win. And that she is resettled with a flat and all the allowances at the taxpayer's expense. And by precedent, that all her fellow ISIS sympathisers or members - including the 'Beatles,' - are similarly repatriated to the UK. And I hope and prey they are all rehoused RIGHT NEXT TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY - because it's the only way that you might, just might, stop theorising about 'rights', and understand the reality: that these murderous terrorists and their witless supporters are traitors who wish to destroy us - yes, including you - and have no right to British nationality and no right to live here. Bangladeshi, Dutch, whatever.

And I hear from my legal friends that the right of the Mother to live in the UK is now being questioned. Never mind, I am sure you and your friends will support a collection taken up to rush through an application for British nationality so that she can apply for legal aid to fight her daughter's case.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#900 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:21 pm

OFSO wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:59 pm
Yes well Caco. I hope the family raises the money: I hope they go to Appeal. And I hope they win. And that she is resettled with a flat and all the allowances at the taxpayer's expense. And by precedent, that all her fellow ISIS sympathisers or members - including the 'Beatles,' - are similarly repatriated to the UK. And I hope and prey they are all rehoused RIGHT NEXT TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY - because it's the only way that you might, just might, stop theorising about 'rights', and understand the reality: that these murderous terrorists and their witless supporters are traitors who wish to destroy us - yes, including you - and have no right to British nationality and no right to live here. Bangladeshi, Dutch, whatever.

And I hear from my legal friends that the right of the Mother to live in the UK is now being questioned. Never mind, I am sure you and your friends will support a collection taken up to rush through an application for British nationality so that she can apply for legal aid to fight her daughter's case.
Oh OFSO, rant on as you will. I am arguing a legal point which may actually affect you or one of your family one day. Get over yourself man and try get the democratic or legal point that I am attempting to make and not allow a agglomeration of other stuff to divert your mind from the calm calculus of reason. I am a supporter of the English law and justice as you should be too. If the devil was a British citizen and the Home Office tried to unlawfully strip him of his citizenship then I would fight his case.

Caco