Rant of the Day v2.

General Chit Chat
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Rant of the Day v2.

#821 Post by OFSO » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:21 pm

She would have been unlikely to have lost the first two if they had not been born in the middle of a war zone. (Go to a war zone, get pregnant, twice. How sensible.) Now she wants Release 3 to be born somewhere safe. And get us all to finance it. And her.

Had ISIS achieved their ambitions, there wouldn't have been a safety net in the UK to catch her when it all went wrong. She should be made to accept the logical consequences of her decisions.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#822 Post by Wodrick » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:26 pm

She is supposedly married to a Dutchman - let her go there.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#823 Post by llondel » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:53 pm

I'd let her back if she's prepared to denounce them repeatedly and explain why it's all a really bad idea and generally try to discourage others from doing the same thing. At least then she'd be doing something useful.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#824 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:10 pm

Octopussy2 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:53 pm
It's difficult not to feel a degree of sympathy for someone who, at the age of 19, has already lost two children and fears for her third.

Mme Octo,

Perhaps where you live, the full details of the barbaric nature of the ISIS cult may not have been as widely covered as it has in the UK.

This person turned her back on the UK to go give succour and support to a cult that does not observe the normal conventions of humanitarian behaviour and observance of human rights. Why should she enjoy those conventions when that organisation, to which she showed her loyalty, denied those same conventions to the people they so barbarically executed? In my mind, she has forfeited any entitlement to re-enter this country to enjoy the humanitarian/human rights she thinks she has.

It will be a very bad day for this nation if the Government even allows her and her (yet to be born) child to step onto British soil.

As C16 said:
She made her bed, now let her lie in it.
My sympathy for this person is at sub-zero level.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

compo
Capt
Capt

#825 Post by compo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Sniff sniff ... sniff. Do I detect a whiff of hypocrisy, or is it merely loss of memory?

Let's start with The Zong, shall we? There's a long list to follow from there.

Capetonian

#826 Post by Capetonian » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:12 pm

My sympathy for this slut is at this level :
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (32.45 KiB) Viewed 425 times
the only problem I have is that the meter doesn't go to -50.
Sorry my heartless little jihadi bride, but you made your bed and now you can lie in it

Under normal circumstances, a young mother who has lost two children and is heavily pregnant with a third in traumatic circumstances would command enormous sympathy. The fact that Shamima Begum provokes quite different emotions, many the opposite of pity, is because the Bethnal Green-born 19-year-old left this country to join Isil, a terrorist group dedicated to waging merciless war on our way of life.

Millions of us will recoil at the notion of Begum being allowed to “come home to Britain” as she now says she wants to after fleeing Isil’s last stand and making her way to a refugee camp. Although she claims she has no regrets about joining Islamic State, Begum’s lawyers will no doubt be delighted to exploit the very freedoms and human rights which Isil exists to wipe out.

This makes otherwise compassionate people very cross. So does the thought of as many as 80 other British women (and their children), including members of Britain’s biggest suspected female terror cell, being waved back into the UK where, at worst, they are required to attend touchingly optimistic “deradicalisation” classes. Regardless of the risk they may pose to innocent people.

As is so often the case, the view of the liberal establishment is at odds with the much more sensible general public. Back in October, the terror laws watchdog said that authorities should look to “reintegrate” the “young” and “naïve” jihadis like Shamima Begum who travelled to war zones, rather than prosecute them on their return to this country. An alternative view, of course, is that you don’t let them back in the first place. If you’ve made your bed with a jihadist fighter whose day job includes beheading aid workers and throwing gay people off tall buildings, then you lie in it.

On their February half-term break, exactly four years ago, Shamima Begum and her friends and fellow GCSE pupils at Bethnal Green Academy in east London, Amira Abase and Kadiza Sultana, flew from Gatwick to Istanbul and then on to Syria. Airport cameras captured the girls wearing trousers and colourful sweatshirts, the standard casual uniform of a 15-year-old. The fact that each girl wore specs made them look rather nerdy and sweet.

But the adventure they were embarked upon would take them to Raqqa, a place of bloodcurdling brutality. After arriving there, the jihadist brides were put in the “house for women” where they waited to be allocated a husband. Ten days later, Shamima was married to Yaho Riedijk, a Dutch convert who is still by her side. “When I saw my first severed head in a bin it didn’t faze me at all,” she says. “It was from a captured fighter seized on the battlefield, an enemy of Islam. I thought only of what he would have done to a Muslim woman if he’d had the chance.”

Such chilling insouciance about a sight which would traumatise any normal teenager is explained away as a consequence of indoctrination. Girls like Shamima were “radicalised”, their apologists argue. It’s hardly their fault they ran away to join a group so warped and murderous they make the Nazis look like the Home Guard, is it?

You know, there is a young woman I do feel sorry for. Lucy Henning. Lucy was just 17 years old in 2014 when her lovely tax driver dad went to Syria to help deliver aid after being deeply affected by the plight of orphans. Alan Henning was captured and held hostage by Islamic State for 10 frightful months before they took him into the desert, dressed in an orange jumpsuit, and beheaded him. Lucy hoped and prayed her father would survive. Until she saw a picture on Instagram of his headless corpse.

Make no mistake, those three Bethnal Green schoolgirls were fully aware of what had happened to Alan Henning and other Isil captives before they set off to marry the fiends who slaughtered them. Talking about videos she had seen of beheaded hostages, Shamima Begum says, “Journalists can be spies too, entering Syria illegally. They are a security threat for the caliphate.”

And you, my heartless little jihadi bride, are a security threat for the United Kingdom. The returning women face questioning by police and the possibility of having their children removed from their care. Thus far, only one, Tareena Shakil, has been jailed for being a member of Isil after allowing her toddler to pose next to an AK-47 in Raqqa and sending images to her friends. The rest are at liberty to raise their children with whatever wicked anti-Western beliefs they choose. Other countries are unwilling to countenance that risk. France, which always unashamedly puts its own interests first, has allowed in 150 French jihadi children, but not their parents.

Here in the UK, the PC crowd lines up to defend everyone’s rights except our own. Sir Peter Fahy, former chief constable of Greater Manchester police, actually told the Today programme, “The biggest challenge if she [Shamima Begum] did come back will be how the police will keep her safe and how she wouldn’t be some sort of lightning rod for both Islamic and far-right extremists.” Wrong. The biggest challenge will be keeping the public safe. Remember us?

“I was frightened that the child I am about to give birth to would die like my other children if I stayed on… In the end I just could not endure any more,” said Shamima Begum. “The caliphate is over. I’ll do anything required just to be able to come home and live quietly with my child. I don’t regret coming here. I’m not the same silly little 15-year-old schoolgirl who ran away from Bethnal Green four years ago.”

No, she’s not. In four years, Shamima Begum has supp’d full with horrors, becoming a mother twice when she should have been in the sixth form, enjoying the benefits of the country she was lucky enough to be born in. Now, showing no remorse whatsoever, she expects to resume those benefits, have her baby delivered by the NHS and accommodation provided for her in the place she suddenly chooses to call home.

It’s not her home. She has betrayed it. She has allied herself with unspeakable evil. It’s quite simple: we don’t want people who think like her living among us. Such sympathy as we have belongs to Lucy Henning and her beloved father and to all the victims of Isil. Not to a girl who betrayed her country and chose a life of sleeping with the enemy.

Flintstone
Snr FO
Snr FO

#827 Post by Flintstone » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Sadly none of the perpetrators of the Zong massacre are around to be held accountable for their actions.

Miss Begum on the other hand, who left the UK to support a barbaric, vicious bunch of savages who raped, tortured, beheaded and murdered innocents is alive and therefore able to be held accountable for her actions.

Alternatively we could try to play tit-for-tat using wholly unconnected instances of Man's inhumanity to Man to try to justify each of those abhorrent incidents. I'll start with Abraham Lincoln being shot as payback for Ugg the caveman being thwacked with a mammoth bone by Igg. ;)))

compo
Capt
Capt

#828 Post by compo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:46 pm

Well, if you want to limit your rant to people who are still around to account for themselves ...

Some of the Kikuyu torturers must be extant. Estimates of anything from 20,000 to 100,000 civilians died.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#829 Post by Magnus » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:06 pm

The teenage traitor stated that she'd seen the severed heads of captives, and it didn't bother her.

compo
Capt
Capt

#830 Post by compo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:16 pm

May 29, a few years back. Said to have been a great day out. No reports of botheration.

Flintstone
Snr FO
Snr FO

#831 Post by Flintstone » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:15 pm

compo wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:46 pm
Well, if you want to limit your rant to people who are still around to account for themselves ...

Some of the Kikuyu torturers must be extant. Estimates of anything from 20,000 to 100,000 civilians died.

Not sure who that's aimed ar. I've not ranted so it can't be me.

compo
Capt
Capt

#832 Post by compo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:25 pm

I do apologise, Flintstone. I mistakenly included your post with the rants above

Flintstone
Snr FO
Snr FO

#833 Post by Flintstone » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:02 am

's okay. I'll have a rant later prob'ly.

Slasher

#834 Post by Slasher » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:47 am

Miss Begum on the other hand, who left the UK to support a barbaric, vicious bunch of savages who raped, tortured, beheaded and murdered innocents is alive and therefore able to be held accountable for her actions.
Damn shame Treason is no longer punishable by death in England. It should've copped a well deserved bullet in the guts as well as its old man in Raqqa. [-(

By the way that Begum thing isn't a "girl". It's an animated piece of dogsh!t shaped to look like one.

compo
Capt
Capt

#835 Post by compo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:11 am

Slasher

#836 Post by Slasher » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:23 am

Sorry compo I don't get it.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#837 Post by John Hill » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:36 am

Slasher wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:23 am
Sorry compo I don't get it.

It never happened if you say it didn't.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#838 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:08 am

She made her bed, now let her lie in it.
Absolutely.

Capetonian

#839 Post by Capetonian » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:42 am

She made her bed, now let her die in it.
Fixed that for you.

I am starting to like Mr Javid. She has forfeited any right to compassionate treatment and should be treated as what she is, a terrorist and a traitor.

www.bbc.com/news/uk-47237051
A British woman who fled to Syria as a schoolgirl to join the Islamic State group could be prevented from returning to the UK, the home secretary has said.

"My message is clear," Sajid Javid told the Times. "If you have supported terrorist organisations abroad I will not hesitate to prevent your return."

He added that if Shamima Begum, 19, did come home she could be prosecuted. Ms Begum, who is pregnant, told the paper she had no regrets but wanted to have her baby in the UK.

"We must remember that those who left Britain to join Daesh were full of hate for our country," Mr Javid said.

"If you do manage to return you should be ready to be questioned, investigated and potentially prosecuted."

Mr Javid added that there were a range of measures available to "stop people who pose a serious threat from returning to the UK, including depriving them of their British citizenship or excluding them from the country."

BBC home affairs correspondent Dominic Casciani said security chiefs in London could also control Ms Begum's possible return through a Temporary Exclusion Order. The controversial legal tool bars a British citizen from returning home until they have agreed to investigation, monitoring and, if required, deradicalisation. However Lord Carlile, a former independent reviewer of terrorism legislation, said Ms Begum would have to be accepted back into the UK if she had not become a national of any other country.

Under international law, it is not possible to render a person stateless.

Shamima Begum was legally a child when she pinned her colours to the Islamic State mast.

And if she were still under 18 years old, the government would have a duty to take her and her unborn child's "best interests" into account in deciding what to do next.

But she's now an apparently unrepentant adult - and that means she would have to account for her decisions, even if her journey is a story of grooming and abuse. Another British jihadi bride, Tareena Shakil, who got out of the war zone with her child, lied to the security services on her return and was jailed for membership of a terrorist group. If Ms Begum got out of the country, that is the kind of charge she could face - along with encouraging or supporting terrorism. But that's a long way off. Assuming she made it to an airport, the UK could temporarily ban her from returning until she agreed to be investigated, monitored and deradicalised.

Social services would also certainly step in to consider whether her child should be removed to protect him or her from radicalisation.

In an interview with the Times, Ms Begum, who married an IS fighter, showed little remorse for her involvement with the terror group, saying she was not fazed by seeing "beheaded heads" in bins and did not regret travelling to Syria.

However, she said that after losing two children to illness while living in Syria, she was scared her unborn baby would also die if she stayed in the camp.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#840 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:03 am

If she returns to Britain she will find that we are not at all as liberal as she might hope.

Her baby will certainly be removed from her by the State and will be brought up by State-imposed pseudo-parents. She will be obliged to attend re-education classes to modify her political/religious beliefs. Her every move and communication will be closely monitored and scrutinised by the Security Service and/or Special Branch for many many years to come.

I think a much more satisfactory outcome would be that FCO discreetly negotiate with Pakistan for her to be resettled in whatever tribal heartland her parents originated from. The culture there will be much more appropriate for her beliefs and value system than Bethnal bloody Green.