Rant of the Day v2.

General Chit Chat
Capetonian

Re: Rant of the Day v2.

#421 Post by Capetonian » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:47 am

I nearly always pay good money to travel first class on trains to be away from the smelly unwashed masses. Nothing annoys me more than when you have the luxury of an almost empty carriage and some oik comes and sits opposite or next to me. Then they open a frigging egg sandwich or a tin of curried fish and start sucking it up.

What is with people?

Herd instinct, insecurity, fear of being alone?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#422 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:47 am

Pretty much.

Only the genuinely capable don't fear being alone (well, not all the time. A little fear is a healthy thing, as all aircrew know).

The genuinely capable are a fear to the herd also. Except when they are in deep sh!t, and then they are too panicked to tell the genuinely capable from those who merely claim to be.

Ignorance is bliss only when things seem good on the surface. Other than that it's deeply f#cking scary.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#423 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:34 am

Not that I do but sit on an empty km long beach in Greece and a Greek will sit next to you.

Just discovered that our pool rebuild guys have broken a fence and thrown lumps of concrete over it in full view of anyone passing and broken down our cattle fence defences. They have been paid so no chance of a fix but I am going to speak to the b@asard. I told them where to put this stuff but just a bunch of lazy black b@stards.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#424 Post by Magnus » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Damn fine rant there, Ex-A.

Capetonian

#425 Post by Capetonian » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:52 pm

Deconstructed meals. What a load of utter bollocks.

It isn't 'deconstructed' as it had never been 'constructed' in the first place. All it means is that the restaurant saves time and
labour by putting the ingredients onto the plate and the customer does the work. In the unlikely event that I ever go to such an establishment, and in the even less likely event that I were to order such a thing, I would demand a 10% deduction for DIY.

What next, buying a 'deconstructed' car?

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#426 Post by Hydromet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:07 pm

That would be the Kia Ikea, wouldn't it?

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#427 Post by ian16th » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:40 am

Hydromet wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:07 pm
That would be the Kia Ikea, wouldn't it?
To economise on printing and labeling costs it would be called the 'Ikia' o:-)
Cynicism improves with age

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#428 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:52 pm

First we have to put up with Royal Wedding one, then Royal Wedding two ; both at the same venue with loads of celebs and designer outfits and carriage rides. Now we have the latest pregnancy. Which means about six months of Daily Mail articles going on about baby bumps, maternity clothing, whether it's going to be a boy or a girl or something else (an alien perhaps?) what colour is it going to be, and of course what names they may choose. Oh, and of course we have to endure all the emotions and excitement of the couple and gasp at how well the Duchess of Sussex (oops sorry Meghan Markle) is coping with her first overseas tour whilst, oh my God, in the very early stages of pregnancy. And I don't believe that she has a 'baby bump' yet.......it's probably just wind! :ymtongue:
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#429 Post by Cacophonix » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Mrs Ex-Ascot wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:52 pm
First we have to put up with Royal Wedding one, then Royal Wedding two ; both at the same venue with loads of celebs and designer outfits and carriage rides. Now we have the latest pregnancy. Which means about six months of Daily Mail articles going on about baby bumps, maternity clothing, whether it's going to be a boy or a girl or something else (an alien perhaps?) what colour is it going to be, and of course what names they may choose. Oh, and of course we have to endure all the emotions and excitement of the couple and gasp at how well the Duchess of Sussex (oops sorry Meghan Markle) is coping with her first overseas tour whilst, oh my God in, the very early stages of pregnancy. And I don't believe that she has a 'baby bump' yet.......it's probably just wind! :ymtongue:
The government probably paid her to copulate and produce a sprog at this time in order to divert the moronic masses from the heap of ordure we are currently in, in this country. Everybody, except me, loves a royal wedding and now a royal baby. Panem et circenses.

Talk about painting the outboard motor as the frigging yacht sinks.

Caco

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#430 Post by OFSO » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:55 pm

Coming back on the No 73 this afternoon a man climbed on board the bus wearing extraordinary clothes and dragging two shopping baskets. I couldn't tell his race, but the reasty paint-stripping smell which came off his body caused passengers to flee to other areas of the double-decker. I got two nubile young Chinese girls who relocated next to me, their delectable noses and lips wrinkling like little bunny-rabbits. The one next to me indicated with her hands the reason for their move. Sadly even sitting next to me was insufficient protection and they transferred to the following bus at Kings Cross, where I moved to the most rearward seat next to a door which opened at every stop, encouraging a wave of fresh air to enter. I do believe the stench may have loosened my rear fillings, however.

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#431 Post by ricardian » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:16 pm

Sorry, but I need to vent!!!! 😡😡😡
I experienced the WORST customer service the other day at a store in town. I don't want to mention the name of the store because I'm not sure how I'm going to proceed. Wednesday evening I bought something from this store. I paid cash for it. I took it home and found out it didn't work. So yesterday, less than 24 hours later I took it back to the store and asked if I could get a refund. The girl in the store told me NO even though I still had the receipt. I asked if I could get a replacement instead then.
Again this person told me "NO." I asked to talk to a manager now as I'm really not happy and I explained that I had just bought the item, had got it home and it didn't work. The manager just smiled and told me to my face that I was "OUT OF LUCK." No refund. No FREE replacement. Grrrr 😲😠🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
I'll tell you what...I am NEVER buying another Lottery Ticket from there again ...
Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#432 Post by OFSO » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:21 pm

Got on the 73 bus today coming back from the Science Museum and sat next to a sweet young thang in the classic black dress, low cut, and cuddling a dear little white dog to her delightfully firm, rose-tipped peach-like breasts. The dear little dog looked at me with soulful eyes so I held my hand out to the dog and the damned thing went for me, teeth, barks etc. "He bites !" she said. There must be a moral to this post but I am damned if I can think what it is.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#433 Post by boing » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:21 pm

Can't think of a really great one OSFO but how about,

"Beware of Pekes baring gifts"

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Slasher

#434 Post by Slasher » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:38 pm

OFSO if you were being hugged in a nice pair of titties like those wouldn't you also scream your head off and bite any hand that got too close?

I know I would!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#435 Post by OFSO » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:01 pm

Rest assured Mr S that should I ever see a buxom wench reclining with your head nestled between her Devil's Dumplings, I will keep my fingers and other appendages well away from the range of your snapping canines and bicuspids....

Slasher

#436 Post by Slasher » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:59 pm

=)) ;)))

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#437 Post by 4mastacker » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:47 pm

Just watched the 6.00pm BBC News - what a load of shite gets shoved in our faces from this licence fee-payer funded behemoth. All trendy, on-message PC crap but nothing that could be called 'News'. ~X(
It's always my fault - SWMBO

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#438 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:23 am

Many years ago, when I was uninformed about the internet, my son (an IT graduate) gifted me the computer that I had bought him to allow him to persue his IT education, and suggested that I acquire a Hotmail email account, which has served me adequately over the years with several updated versions to the present-day 'Mail/Outlook' manifestation.
I rejected the 'Beta' update a while ago, but I now have had this inflicted on me - with no 'Undo' option available.
AFAICT, the front-end has been designed for mobile 'phone users (I use a laptop) with touch-screen scrolling etc.
The page has effectively been reduced with background lists of incoming messages reducing the message text to a 'letterbox' which has to be scrolled to read the text rather than being able to scan the whole message.

There doesn't appear to be a legacy option to view the message as I would have until the recent 'update'.

I admit to being conservative (with a small 'c'), though I will accede to changes if I find them beneficial (to me).

My mobile 'phone sends and receives texts and has no internet access.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#439 Post by ian16th » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:31 am

G-CPTN

I suggest that you install E-mail client Mozilla Thunderbird on your laptop.
Cynicism improves with age

jimtherev
Station Padre
Station Padre

#440 Post by jimtherev » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:09 pm

Second vote for Thunderbird. Even erindoors can't break it. (Tries hard, though!)