General Chit Chat
Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Rant of the Day v2.

#1701 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Woody wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:30 pm
You can’t beat a bit of gate painting, when you start in lovely sunshine and by the time you finish it’s persisting down :((
Like car washing, you really must learn to curb these urges.

I decided it was better to test the new topper on the bed. Indeed the choice is to check it was as comfortable as I thought, or have a beer.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1702 Post by OFSO » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:54 am

A high society wedding was on TV News last night. The Great and the Good, i.e. useless overpaid layabouts, were all invited. Must say the ladies all looked lovely and had charming smiles for the camera. All but one, that is. The pouty-face Victoria Beckham, as ever, a sullen miserable stare for the cameras. I did watch the entire clip, amazed by how many masculine heroes of stage screen etc chose to wear beards these days, and at the stunning bosums of the georgeous damsels on magnificent display, but that sour-faced ex-Spice Girl...never a hint of a smile.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1703 Post by Hydromet » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:44 am

amazed by how many masculine heroes of stage screen etc chose to wear beards these days,
Just following my example.

Capetonian

#1704 Post by Capetonian » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:04 am

According to someone we know who worked for Victoria Beckham as a designer, she is very pleasant and approachable, despite her look, which must have come from the Aeroflot training school in the Stalinist Era.

According to someone we know who worked for BA, and part of whose duties was dealing with so-called 'VIP/CIP' pax, she was as sour and sullen and unpleasant as she looks. David on the other hand was apparently charming and polite.

The truth may lie somewhere between.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1705 Post by 4mastacker » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:24 pm

When I was allowed on TOP I read a thread in the CC forum about who were the best and the worst passengers. There were a few surprise and not-so-surprised comments. I think Mrs B came under the 'not-so-surprised' label although she had someway to go to beat some scouse bird who also fancied herself as a singer.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1706 Post by ricardian » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:16 pm

Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1707 Post by 1DC » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:17 pm

Saw a programme a few years ago about a behind the scenes day with the Beckhams. They both came out of it as really nice people and she had a very cheeky grin and a good sense of humour. I was amazed at the amount of charity work they do, on the understanding that their isn't any publicity. She said that they realised very early on that you could switch the press on but you couldn't turn them off and unfortunately they turned them on without realising what the consequences would be. Her miserable look is deliberate for the press..

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1708 Post by OFSO » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:53 am

Sitting in squalid Eurostar terminal Gare de Nord consuming near inedible sandwiches prepared by sullen and lazy gossiping Pauls NR staff. Only one working is plump white lady. Awful degrading place. East Germany was better.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1709 Post by OFSO » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:14 pm

Anybody who thinks an intelligent race occupies this planet should observe passengers boarding the Eurostar train, wondering where to put their luggage, and trying to find their seats.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1710 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Boarding and finding the seats in public transport can be used as a public IQ test to keep unsuitable people from public spaces. Although I think those places it would be emptied.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1711 Post by Woody » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:24 pm

After all the comments about Ladies Day at Aintree, today at Royal Ascot a woman was interviewed by one of the fashion team and she was wearing a jumpsuit, a very smart one, but it was still a jumpsuit :-o
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1712 Post by Rwy in Sight » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:01 am

Woody, her suit might cost more than a decent dress for non Ascot going lady.

Capetonian

#1713 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:46 am

What is a jumpsuit? Surely not what I wore when I went skydiving?

Rant : Why do USAmericans have to SHOUT. Had dinner last night in a small quiet hotel in a tiny village, there were about 6 of them. One woman in particular had a voice like a raspsaw. I went out into the street to get away from it and I could hear them from outside.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1714 Post by 4mastacker » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:38 pm

Stupid slapper in Lincoln this morning; kiddy in pushchair another toddling along beside it and the slapper with her nose buried in her mobile phone walks out of Argos and straight in front of the bus I was on. Gasps of shock from the passengers, driver stops the bus in time and the slapper just carries on crossing the road oblivious of her near-miss. I feel sorry for kids with parents like that.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Capetonian

#1715 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:43 pm

Yep, they should be wiped out before they can breed. Darwinism.

The bus probably has a webcam by means of which the stupid bitch should be identifiable. She deserves a visit from the police and prosecution for endangering the lives of other road users.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1716 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:45 pm

A jump suit is a one piece overall. The best ones are aircrew ones worn by females and ideal for jumping on.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1717 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:27 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:45 pm
A jump suit is a one piece overall. The best ones are aircrew ones worn by females and ideal for jumping on.
Not when they're the 'onesie' variant, they're not!

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1718 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:04 am

Welcome to Sarnta Monica, CA.

"Families" arriving at LAX are only required to complete one joint arrival card, but then of course they have to pass through Imm. together, and normally I am persuaded to follow Mrs. ExS, as of course she has the US passport so we are jointly shepherded throug the US citizen arrival channel.

But not this time ! An Imm. Jobsworth, obviously female and apparently Asian, blocked my intention and vigorously insisted that I was totally forbidden to follow US passport holders and that Mrs ExS must therefore join me at the end of a queue that had included at least 5 A-380's that I had noticed taxiing in, and actually remarked that I hoped that we weren't behind that lot. The arrivals hall resembled Wembley Stadium on Cup Final Day.

No amount of explaing the experience of the past 30 years of travelling together persuaded our mentor, but whilst eventually inching around the snake of queues, were able to attract the attention of another Imm. employee who agreed that her colleague was wrong and removed ropes and barriers and let us escape to the much smaller queue of arriving Americans, so eventually the whole process was completed not more than an hour after landing. Ain't air travel fun ?

Two days later I was assaulted by a homeless crazy, or drunk, as I was minding my own business crossing the road. No major injury, just a bit if facial bleeding, and the eventual Police presence welcomed me to Santa Monica. Fings ain't what they used to be.

Slasher

#1719 Post by Slasher » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:07 am

Ca is absolutely stuffed mate, and it's going to get far worse. LAX apart I wouldn't go there even if my life depended on it.

Lucky you were only minorly attacked by one homeless bum. Grow eyes out the back of your head ExSp33d and watch your six. From what I heard from my Yank mates they tend to attack from behind in SMO and Watts.

For a true picture of Los Angeles take a stroll along Melrose. SMO is civilised by comparison.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1720 Post by Karearea » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:45 am

I'm sorry for that, ExSp33db1rd - hardly cricket. Hope no more contretemps.
"And to think that it's the same dear old Moon..."