For the Ex-Ascots have entertained angels unwares!

General Chit Chat
Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: For the Ex-Ascots have entertained angels unwares!

#61 Post by Woody » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:33 pm

If I recall mr panic is on BA55, which is A380, both flights A380 for winter season ;)))
When all else fails, read the instructions.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#62 Post by ian16th » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:57 pm

Woody wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:33 pm
If I recall mr panic is on BA55, which is A380, both flights A380 for winter season ;)))
But its Summer now!
Cynicism improves with age

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#63 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Yes they are on BA55. Hope he sleeps and doesn't arrive here dead drunk. Oh, bloody hell. Why did we invite them?

Watch this space,
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#64 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:38 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:29 pm
Yes they are on BA55. Hope he sleeps and doesn't arrive here dead drunk. Oh, bloody hell. Why did we invite them?

Watch this space,
You don't want the drunken piper and the arriving governor to fall into the dock simultaneously next to Squiffy Pussy Ex-Ascot. Bad form that, dashed bad form and careless too! ;)))

Caco

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#65 Post by Boac » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:41 pm

Ex-A - we expect pictures!

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#66 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Guys, you will get loads of photos. The first encounter with a lion should be a classic.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#67 Post by Boac » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:52 pm

Just pics of the bones will suffice.....

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#68 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:06 pm

LHR
Safely in lounge at LHR. Most comfortable flight we have had for a domestic. Food also very good.

Just checked in for JNB - Maun and boarding passes printed.

Getting there siga siga. Every bit of the trip so far has involved a bit of a delay!!

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#69 Post by Hydromet » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:20 pm

This is better than 'Waiting for Godot', another show in which nothing happens - but in the case of Godot, only twice.😳

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#70 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:02 am

Mr Panic downwind JNB.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#71 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:04 am

Latest report:
The eagles have landed. Unfortunately we don’t have diplomatic passports!! See you soon.
Cheers
Tarzan and Jane
Not sure about the passport comment. I asked if Tarzan would be carrying Jane under his arm when they arrive here. We had a bit of trouble in the lounge at JNB coming back from Amorgos. They tried to refuse us drinks before 11.00. I said that we were not in S.A. we were air-side. My passport showed that we had left S.A. Very pleasant bar person was running backwards and forwards for an hour topping up our glasses with pop. Seemed he/she (can't remember) wasn't happy serving it to us over the bar.

Slasher

#72 Post by Slasher » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:14 am

I know I've come in late sah, but who is this Mr Panic to whom you and Caco refer?

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#73 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:27 am

Pacnic666 heavy cleared to the Confusion, expect vectors to Crisis and an Uncertainty approach to 21/R Johannesburg. Descend to Flight Level 70...

So it begins! =))
JohannesburgIntlAirport.jpg
JohannesburgIntlAirport.jpg (117.13 KiB) Viewed 281 times

Slash, I leave it to Ex-A to tell you of the awful trial that awaits him :ymdevil:

Caco

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#74 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:37 am

Slasher wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:14 am
I know I've come in late sah, but who is this Mr Panic to whom you and Caco refer?
Capt, he is a retired accountant she a retired nursing sister. They are both Scottish but live in Berwick. Both about my age, her younger. They built a holiday home on Amorgos near to us, I think about 15 years ago. Sold it last year but still go on holiday there. She is cool but he panics about everything. The sort of person who will be at a bus stop an hour before the bus just in case it is early. They are both difficult to understand when sober, impossible when pissed. I don't think that we are going to have many conversations over the next two weeks. He is hilarious. In manner and can tell some great jokes. I just have to get a photo of his first encounter with a big cat.

Edit, Like us, no kids so trying to spend all their dosh. His saying is that shrouds don't have pockets.

Slasher

#75 Post by Slasher » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:43 am

Gotcha sah and thanks. I know the type. Good luck and keep us posted.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#76 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:52 am

Will do Capt. If he knew that a thread now running to 76 posts about his visit here was on the go and he hasn't even got here yet he would go crazy. Unfortunately we do not have WiFi at the camp so everyone will have to hold their breath this week until we get back Thursday afternoon with or without him. We fly out tomorrow morning. Oh God, just thought. He has probably never been in a puddle jumper before :-o Or landed on a dirt strip. Bloody hell.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#77 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:58 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:52 am
Will do Capt. If he knew that a thread now running to 76 posts about his visit here was on the go and he hasn't even got here yet he would go crazy. Unfortunately we do not have WiFi at the camp so everyone will have to hold their breath this week until we get back Thursday afternoon with or without him. We fly out tomorrow morning. Oh God, just thought. He has probably never been in a puddle jumper before :-o Or landed on a dirt strip. Bloody hell.

Just wait for the look on his face as they buzz the strip for the 3rd time to try and frighten the buffalo (which are very seldom frightened) off the rutted track that is the runway! =))

Enjoy Ex-Ascot. I am sure the Panics will love it. They sound like great people who will be a lot of fun to be with.

Caco

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#78 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:39 am

OK here come the piccys, earlier than expected.
'Our first beer south of the equator'
It is only 10.30 how did they get them? A few folk on here will recognise that pub. I hope that they are not drinking what it says on the glass - gnat's pee.
I am sure the Panics will love it
Caco only a singular 'panic'.
Attachments
Beer.jpg
Beer.jpg (64.33 KiB) Viewed 253 times

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#79 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:43 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:39 am
OK here come the piccys, earlier than expected.
'Our first beer south of the equator'
It is only 10.30 how did they get them? A few folk on here will recognise that pub. I hope that they are not drinking what it says on the glass - gnat's pee.
I do know that pub well and text them quickly to tell them to immediately start drinking WIndhoek lager, lest they get the wrong idea about South Africa and South Africans!

Caco

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#80 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 am

Relax Sir, I will have them on Black Label here at home in a few hours. Got cases of the stuff. OK, here we go. Off to the airstrip to see if Mr Panic survives immigration and customs. Our last UK guests had problems with immigration because they didn't know where they were staying. He offered to go out to get me out of the pub opposite but they wouldn't let him.