Proof that the loony left have finally taken over.

General Chit Chat

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: Proof that the loony left have finally taken over.

#2 Post by 500N » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:48 am

"Similarly, it would also be advisable to avoid keeping bacon rolls in a fridge shared with people
whose religious beliefs prohibit them from eating pork.

EATING Pork

"Keeping bacon rolls in a fridge is NOT eating" unless they decide to help themselves.

I might object to Bambi, Buffalo, Goose, Fruit Bat, Turtle being kept in the fridge but
it won't carry much weight where I go, in fact I'm more than likely to be told it's dinner !

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Hydromet » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:09 am

What a load of pork briskets!
I worked with a profound vegan for a while. He was quite happy to use his own barbecue plate for our Friday afternoon barbecue. No problem. (And he was happy to share some of his very nice tucker if anyone wanted it.)

TWT
Snr FO
Snr FO

#4 Post by TWT » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 am

I don't see any complaints listed there from people with kosher or halal beliefs.Just another example of those who like to be offended on someone else's behalf.Just like the councils wanting to take down Christmas decorations in their streets in case it offended non-Christians.The non-Christians weren't bothered at all.Looks like a media beat-up,once again.

Professor Adam Dinham is a professor of Faith and Public Policy at Goldsmith University.He has a PhD in politics and community development from Goldsmith too.Should get a real job.

http://www.gold.ac.uk/stacs/staff/academicstaff/permanentstaff/dinhamadam/

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by A Lutra Continua » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:47 am

Your own fault for believing that slebs famous only for being famous or owning pleasant tits have anything of substance to say on more serious subjects. Bread and circuses.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by boing » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:51 am

Professor Dinham warned that employers should consider new religions and cults, including Scientology, and beliefs such as environmentalism and vegetarianism, as well as the established faiths of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism and Sikhism.

Does this mean I can wear my Crusader Cross to work?

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Capetonian

#7 Post by Capetonian » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:37 am

Just another example of those who like to be offended on someone else's behalf.
As always, this sums it up.
My Muslim students have bought me wine at the end of a course, several times.
One had breakfast with me, enjoying a traditional English brekkie with bacon.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by ian16th » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:29 am

If one is not religious, are there 'other' religions?
Cynicism improves with age

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#9 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:39 am

Did a Christmas day Tel Aviv flight once. The girlies all had silly Father Christmas hats on and were trying to be jolly with the pax to no avail. On turn around they came onto the flight deck with Christmas presents for us. All nicely wrapped. Opened it up to find a pound of pork bangers! =)) Jolly good they were too.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

tony draper
Snr FO
Snr FO

#10 Post by tony draper » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:44 am

Tell the other faiths to go forth and multiply themselves. :ymtongue:

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:07 am

Do these people actually get paid to produce such gumpf? Worked and had many friends who had various dietary differences and none of them gave a jot about putting your ham sarnie in the fridge next to thiers. Mind you we do have one acquaintance who won't eat anything that has been anywhere near meat, not even in the same oven -but then he is a strange bod generally =))
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by Chuks » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:12 am

The part I always enjoy is this "What you just said or did or think might offend [this or that group of 'others']."

I always ask the person bringing that up whether they are personally offended, when the answer is almost always, "No, but .... " I then tell them that this is really none of their business, worrying about some imaginary offense that does not involve them.

One of the best was this rather horrible so-called feminist, really just a common or garden-variety oxygen thief, who heard about this young fool having hired a stripper to come on our campus to help celebrate his 21st birthday. This miserable cow had not even attended the party but she felt that simply being told about it later was enough to bring the celebrant up before the Boys' Supreme Court on charges, since it offended her feelings.

Later, she tried it on me after I had described one of the local coven's heroines, Audre Lorde, as a "fat-head lesbore." She had a complete melt-down, saying that since she was herself a "fat lesbian" I had wounded her feelings. I simply told her to consult a dictionary to learn that a fat-head is either a sort of fish or else a stupid person, that the term has nothing at all to do with obesity; a "lesbore" is simply a lesbian who always has to insert the presumed fact of her sexual orientation into every conversation, whether that is relevant or not. Both of these things were not my problem but hers and down to ignorance, and she came up empty then in her ongoing quest for social justice.

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#13 Post by Stoneboat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:51 pm

tony draper wrote:Tell the other faiths to go forth and multiply themselves. :ymtongue:

Ah ha! Common sense rears its head in the midst of chaos! ^:)^