Alternate identities

General Chit Chat
BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Alternate identities

#1 Post by BenThere » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Just had a brain epiphany.

If people can steal your identity, why can't you create a new alter-identity of your own. Set up a bank account, establish a credit record, then go out and buy all the guns, gold, and sundry under your second name, which you would ensure could not be tied to your real identity.

You might have to buy an alternate social security number, a fake driver's license, and other formalities, but illegals have been doing this for some time, and I'm certain the infrastructure for doing that is in place, supported by the government. A plus is that if life becomes too hot as a taxpaying citizen, called upon to pay the bills, you can assume the impoverished identity, with no record of employment, and perhaps entitled to a host of benefits.

Can we beat them at their own game?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Alternate identities

#2 Post by OFSO » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:53 pm

Set up a bank account

Firstly you will need to be on the electoral roll, secondly you will need some utility bills with your name and address

establish a credit record

Not difficult to avoid a negative rating if you keep a card in reserve for the future

go out and buy all the guns, gold, and sundry

Transfers of more that five grand into your bank account require a legitimate and authenticated source

It is harder than you think. OFSO, being British-born would like to establish UK residency because I'd rather pay my income tax there than where I live at the moment. But not owning property in the UK or having family there its difficult. NB If anyone with a two-person or more household in the UK would like to rent me a broom closet to establish residency, please PM me !

rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by rgbrock1 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:35 pm

OFSO wrote:Set up a bank account

Firstly you will need to be on the electoral roll, secondly you will need some utility bills with your name and address

establish a credit record

Not difficult to avoid a negative rating if you keep a card in reserve for the future

go out and buy all the guns, gold, and sundry

Transfers of more that five grand into your bank account require a legitimate and authenticated source

It is harder than you think. OFSO, being British-born would like to establish UK residency because I'd rather pay my income tax there than where I live at the moment. But not owning property in the UK or having family there its difficult. NB If anyone with a two-person or more household in the UK would like to rent me a broom closet to establish residency, please PM me !

Some of the points you listed above, OFSO, are not valid here in the U.S. For example, one does not need to be on an electoral roll to open a bank account. Nor do you need utility bills or anything else for that matter. You only need a social security number.
Pro Deo et Constitutione — Libertas aut Mors

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by 500N » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:01 pm

Likewise, don't need to be on the Electoral role here either.

Easiest way to get a bank account is to get a tourist to open it up but you sign it.
They leave the country, you keep the account going.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:57 am

We have not had a UK address for 15 yrs. We have three bank accounts there using our Greek address. We pay tax there as my UK pensions are taxed at source.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.