Katherine MacGregor is dead.

General Chit Chat
Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Katherine MacGregor is dead.

#1 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Who you might ask? Mrs Oleson in 'The Little House on the Prairie' of course!
In an interview with the Santa Cruz Sentinel in 1981, MacGregor said she looked “for the humor of Mrs. Oleson,” adding “She was originally painted as just black-and-white mean. Anyone that mean has to be a fool. So I began mixing farce into it. I think the audience counts on seeing Mrs. Oleson fall on her fanny.
And there you have proof that Americans talk a very different form of English to the Brits and even the South Africans! =))

I thought she was a superb character and even attractive in a strange way.

Mrs Oleson.jpg
Mrs Oleson.jpg (64.09 KiB) Viewed 187 times

Caco

Sisemen

Re: Katherine MacGregor is dead.

#2 Post by Sisemen » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:34 am

For a moment I was about to leap with joy as I thought it was this nasty piece of work

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cate_McGregor

Group Captain Catherine "Cate" McGregor AM is a transgender woman, who served as a member of the Australian Defence Force (ADF). She has also worked as a cricket commentator.
40A233FC-C95F-4390-8C10-1A258A9E34E8.jpeg
40A233FC-C95F-4390-8C10-1A258A9E34E8.jpeg (73.76 KiB) Viewed 157 times

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Alisoncc » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:24 am

Sisemen wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:34 am
For a moment I was about to leap with joy as I thought it was this nasty piece of work
Why nasty. I've never had anytime for her, but know of little that might describe her as nasty. Do PM me if you know different.

Alison
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:04 am

PM!

Don't go all RAF/Australian Army/RAAF OPSEC on us. Using the code word "Googly Ball " for the subject, spill the beans here Sisemen! =))

Just kidding, of course, I assume you don't want ops-normal, or yourself, to be sued for libel as Cat McGregor is very much alive it appears!

I have never heard of Catherine "Cat" McGregor but perhaps Sisemen was referring to this brouhaha?
Following a period between 2010 and 2013 when numerous ADF personnel were involved in misogynistic behaviour (including the non-consensual filming of sexual encounters with women),

Chief of Army, Lieutenant General David Morrison AO responded in a video speech which was written by McGregor. In the speech he described the actions as a "direct contravention" of the Army's values, and said "those who think that it is okay to behave in a way that demeans or exploits their colleagues have no place in this army."
It seems that Morrison was correct to respond in this way. How can it be wrong to criticize such behaviour?

Of course consensual filming is fine, just check out my videos of the time they smuggled that good time girl into the base in the boot of a car at Youngsfield back in the day

www.rampanthookersonheat.com =))

Or is Siseman in fact Morrison? I think we should be told Sisemen! ;)))
In 2015 McGregor was named as Queenslander of the Year, despite not living in Queensland, and as such became a finalist for 2016 Australian of the Year, which was subsequently awarded to her previous commanding officer, David Morrison. She described the selection of Morrison as a "weak, conventional choice" a comment for which she subsequently apologised.

In December 2016 McGregor was removed from the Australian of the Year honour roll at her request. She has stated that the awards are a "farce" and that she regrets having accepted one.

McGregor has also argued that the awards are being used by activists.
Oh this is so much more fun than "Little House So Dreary!"

Caco

Sisemen

#5 Post by Sisemen » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:24 am

Nasty? There was a very public cat fight when it was announced that Morrison was going to be “Australian of the Year” purely on the strength of his video. MacGregor went all hissy because she was also up for Aof the Y on account of her very public transgenderism (it was an incredibly “virtue signalling” year for nominations and neither of them were worth it) but felt that ‘she’ should have won it as ‘she’ wrote the script!

And yes, I am well aware of MacGregor’s penchant for taking anybody to court that casts any kind of aspersions....which I why I hope this really is a closed site :ymdevil:

And no, I am definitely NOT Morrison. The only thing I admire about the man is the size of his pension. He was an absolute dead dud as Aussie of the Year.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:41 am

That infamous speech...

Said in a Strine accent

"Friends, Romans, Abbo's and Fellow Australians, lend me your beers! It seems that a bunch of army Sheila's have been cutting up rough about being filmed in the buff and we gotta do something abaat that!... "

=))

Oh, all right, listen to the real speech here...

Caco

Sisemen

#7 Post by Sisemen » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:03 am

At least the Australian armed forces are into women, unlike the New Zealanders who won’t have a baa of it =))

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:08 am

Sisemen wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:03 am
At least the Australian armed forces are into women, unlike the New Zealanders who won’t have a baa of it =))

=))

I suspect that senior Kiwi officers' memories of that kind of thing are a bit woolly but the high import rate of Wellies into New Zealand is a dead giveaway!

Caco