Today Is Your Last Day...With Whom, Where, What ...?

General Chit Chat
CityofFlight
CPL
CPL
Today Is Your Last Day...With Whom, Where, What ...?

#1 Post by CityofFlight » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:17 am

Got to thinking that we always know the day to day topics that raise our awareness, our blood pressure, our frustration. Our quest to right all the wrongs. We know how to gripe and whine like we invented it. Yep, Magna Cum Laude here!

But do we know how to stop and imagine in our hearts & minds, where would we go, how would we spend our last day, if we knew it to be?

Let me know your heart's desire of how you would spend YOUR last day on Earth. It can change from one day to the next. Keep coming back and updating. It means we're stopping to smell the roses, if only in our imagination.

Where & why... this place?
With whom?
Any specific activity?
Special music to fill the air?

As for me...I fell in love with Greece and Croatia. I'd want to spend time at either location, breathing the wonderful air, hiking around the vantage points, drinking their great wine, lying on an outdoor bed, high on a cliff overlooking the blue waters & bright sun all the way through sunset. I'd be with the love of my life. We'd recall the memories, the laughter and and the perfection of our carnal knowledge.

To the above, we'd be Home...

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HoRkntoHkIE[/bbvideo]
Don't make excuses for nasty people. You can't put a flower in an asshole and call it a vase.

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: Today Is Your Last Day...With Whom, Where, What ...?

#2 Post by 500N » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:34 am

Northern Territory with my mate and his wife and a bottle or 2 of Bombay Sapphire Gin

On the flood plains hunting, shooting and fishing for Barramundi,
sky filled with birds and the plains covered in Buffalo.

or just sitting on a rock looking at the sunset.

CityofFlight
CPL
CPL

#3 Post by CityofFlight » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:41 am

That's an awesome visual, 500N. Thanks for posting. And let's hope you make it happen before the last day is announced!
Don't make excuses for nasty people. You can't put a flower in an asshole and call it a vase.

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by 500N » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:48 am

CityofFlight wrote:That's an awesome visual, 500N. Thanks for posting. And let's hope you make it happen before the last day is announced!

I do it every year at Christmas for 2 - 3 weeks and have done for 15 years except last year - big mistake.

It's real "get away from everything" time.

"Crocodile Dundee" country !

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Pinky the pilot » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:14 am

Similar to 500N, except that I'd be sitting on top of a sand dune about 150km WNW of Birdsville, around sunset on an early October evening with a few select *Friends, with good food and several bottles of some very old South Aussie Shiraz.

* These Friends being, amongst those of my immediate Family etc, all those reading these pages! And especially the creator of this site! :YMHUG: :-BD

Reason for the location?

Once did some Seismic work in that area and can still vividly remember one evening when driving back to Camp, stopping on top of one of the biggest dunes I have ever seen, and walking about 100 metres away from my vehicle and sitting down on the very top of the dune and watching the Sun go down.

It was so still and quiet that even my breathing sounded loud so I tried to breathe as quietly as possible, just to appreciate the stillness. It was after about 5 minutes that I became aware of a quiet rhythmic 'thumping' and for a few moments I was puzzled as to just what it was.

I then realised that I was hearing my own heart beating!! :-o :-o
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

CityofFlight
CPL
CPL

#6 Post by CityofFlight » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:47 am

What a cool description of a great experience. So many places to think about.
I'd like my place to lead me to the best night time stargazing, wherever I am. so I can start connecting with my next journey! B-)

tony draper
Snr FO
Snr FO

#7 Post by tony draper » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:04 am

When? Dawn in the Spring sometime,where? a small English Wood somewhere with the birdies chirping,with who? a Dog of some description. :)

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by A Lutra Continua » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:59 am

tony draper wrote:...a Dog of some description. :)

Always knew there's a good reason one likes and respects you, Admiral.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:28 pm

I'm a bit torn between Bots and Amorgos; of course with Ex -A and with a bottle of champagne!

In Bots somewhere in the Okavango Delta with a nice sunset and the sound of nature all around.

In Amorgos the monastery of Theologos which you can only reach by walking at dawn surrounded by nature and silence.

:YMHUG:
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by OFSO » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:31 pm

Among all the amazing and wonderful aspirations of everyone else here on JB, I have to confess that I wouldn't do anything different from what I do every day anyway. Does this mean I am lucky enough to have achieved exactly what I want from life, or does it mean I am a hopeless unimaginative prat ? I would like to have my old ginger cat Buster back though for one day - he died in November 2010.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:48 pm

OFSO you made a very valid point; wouldn't mind sitting here in our tropical garden here in Bots or sitting on our boat in the middle of the lagoon, especially at sunset. Would be even better if our late Welsh Border Colly Amber could be with us :ymsmug: :YMHUG:

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:53 pm

OFSO you made a very valid point; wouldn't mind sitting here in our tropical garden here in Bots or sitting on our boat in the middle of the lagoon, especially at sunset. Would be even better if our late Welsh Border Collie Amber could be with us :YMHUG:

Sisemen

#13 Post by Sisemen » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:17 pm

Anywhere with two drop-dead gorgeous girls who are into each other and don't mind me joining in!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by OFSO » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:45 pm

don't mind me joining in

Beg pardon, Sisemen, but that sounds a bit lacking in enthusiasm on their part. You'd want to be welcomed joining in, not some kind of bland acceptance as in "oh, all right then" while they were otherwise occupied. Anyway, would you be finished before you WERE finished ? It's your last day, remember. Midnight your clothes turn into rags and it is into the matt-black pumpkin and away you go....

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by om15 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:26 pm

OFSO, I understand what you feel about your cat, I have been lucky enough to live with several generations of cats, all of differing temperaments and infuriating in different ways, however I am impressed with the calm stoical way in which they conduct themselves when their time is up, I hope I will be as dignified when it's my turn. My current chum is a large affable 18.5 year old half Persian, half ginger tom, enthusiastic about life and still very sprightly.

If my time was up tomorrow I would like to spend it with my wife, a few hours in the morning in the garden, a short motorcycle ride on my old BSA, drive down to Lyme Regis and a walk on the Cob before a seafood lunch. A modest pub crawl of a few favourite pubs in the afternoon, back for tea, a vindaloo possibly, couple of hours in front of the telly, last check of ppruned and then switch the light out.

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by A Lutra Continua » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:38 pm

Where? Don't care.

Who? Furkids.

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by 500N » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:28 am

Well,the only think that has changed for me in the last week is taking my dog with me !

Spent time with my parents, who just went up there with two of the grand kids and mother and all ranted and raved about it.
My Dad wants me to take one of them back up he enjoyed it so much so in the process of organizing that.

God's country !

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Slight and momentary thread drift

#18 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:18 am

I would like to have my old ginger cat Buster back though for one day - he died in November 2010.

OFSO; The PtP household is currently graced with the presence of a big Ginger cat, a former Feral! Will pm you in due course with details and a piccy or two once I can arrange it. Give me a few weeks.

I have never ever known such an affectionate Cat, and he was originally a feral!!
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by om15 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:52 am

This is my chum Jaffa, assisting in the garden earlier this year, still enthusiastic despite his advancing years.

jaffa.jpg

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Slight and momentary thread drift

#20 Post by Alisoncc » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:07 pm

Pinky the pilot wrote:I have never ever known such an affectionate Cat, and he was originally a feral!!

Perhaps Cat doesn't want to go back to being feral. Knows which side it's bread is buttered.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)