General Chit Chat
TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chemtrails

#61 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:03 am

Woody wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:58 am
I really wish I hadn’t started looking for this stuff, but this one’s a doozie :D
The world is full of nutcases... =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#62 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:43 am

At pub. 37°. Fridge struggling beer warm. Petrol missing again. The little ***** needs kicking.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#63 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:40 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:43 am
At pub. 37°. Fridge struggling beer warm. Petrol missing again. The little *sh*t* needs kicking.
Chemtrails in your pub at 37° Celsius? What an interesting phenomenon, we should look into this more deeply, over a couple of beers, in the spirit of scinetific endeavour, I believe, and drink a few before they reach ambient temperature! ;)))

I assume you meant to post this on the TRABB thread but it works just as well here Ex-Ascot. :-bd
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#64 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:48 pm

in the spirit of scinetific endeavour,
The Chemtrails are working...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#65 Post by OFSO » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:33 pm

I knew it wasn't the bottle of wine I had for lunch which made me feel off. The buggers are spraying again....
IMG_20220218_172911.jpg
IMG_20220218_172911.jpg (58.27 KiB) Viewed 4 times

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#66 Post by Karearea » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:36 pm

^ It's here too, yesterday I spotted an aircraft overhead in the very act of chemtrailing :-o

They do it to manipulate the weather, doncherknow, there'll be a cold change here today, you'll see. B-)

=))
"And to think that it's the same dear old Moon..."

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#67 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:06 am

Once had some spaced-out dropkick corner me at an excuse for a party, demanding to know 'what was being sprayed out of all those aeroplanes!'

I told him that it was "Dihydrogen Monoxide. Very nasty stuff. Kills heaps of people every year!"

This answer appeared to satisfy him and he walked off, proclaiming that at last he had the truth!

Well, he did, didn't he! :ymdevil:
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#68 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:11 am

Pinky the pilot wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:06 am
Once had some spaced-out dropkick corner me at an excuse for a party, demanding to know 'what was being sprayed out of all those aeroplanes!'

I told him that it was "Dihydrogen Monoxide. Very nasty stuff. Kills heaps of people every year!"

This answer appeared to satisfy him and he walked off, proclaiming that at last he had the truth!

Water is such an insidious compound! :))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#69 Post by OFSO » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:44 am

The 'Change of weather' suggestion was spot on. Today thick cloud, spotting with rain, twelve degrees cooler than yesterday.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#70 Post by Karearea » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:31 pm

^ same here - just as I expected B-)
"And to think that it's the same dear old Moon..."

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#71 Post by llondel » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:30 am

Pinky the pilot wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:06 am

Drove past some of it in its solid form today, that can be really dangerous if left in the wrong place.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#72 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:17 pm

Some serious thoughts on contrails...
The short answer to the question ‘Are contrails bad for the environment?’ is yes. However, in the complex world of the upper atmosphere, there are caveats. Their impact depends on a host of conditions including weather, time of day, and altitude, explains Professor Dr Robert Sausen from the Institute of Atmospheric Physics at the DLR, Germany’s research body centre for aeronautics and space.

The attention on aviation’s greenhouse gas effect has been squarely on the emissions of carbon dioxide. This is relatively simple to measure because it is proportionate to the fuel burned during a flight. Contrails are associated with non-CO2 emissions, which are gaining prominence as having a hitherto untold impact on global warming.

The focus on non-CO2 emissions is sharpening because there is increasing recognition that their effect on climate change could be greater than that of CO2 emitted from aircraft engines. Most industry bodies quote a figure of 2-3% for air travel’s contribution to anthropogenic CO2 emissions causing global heating.

However, if the impact of non-CO2 emissions is added the effect on climate may triple, according to a recent study led by David Lee at Manchester Metropolitan University in the UK. As the World Economic Forum points out: “There is a growing understanding around the additional climate impact of aviation through the production of non-CO2 emissions, which could be responsible for as much as 60% of the sector’s contribution to climate change.”

The impact is significant, but scientists acknowledge it is hard to measure. The effect comes from the release of nitrogen oxides, water vapour, and sulphate and soot particles at high altitudes from aircraft engines causing the formation of contrails. “Aviation produces emissions in the upper atmosphere, an area where no other emitters exist so the non-CO2 effect is also far greater than other industries,” explains Sausen.
Read the full article here - https://www.flightglobal.com/flight-int ... 83.article
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."