Chemtrails

General Chit Chat
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chemtrails

#41 Post by Boac » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:36 pm

Absolutely. A double-edged sword, because until they saw 'tactical' sense it made finding said petrol station a lot easier. =))

However, I think PN was in the 'other' heavy gang? and they were aware.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#42 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:51 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:36 pm
Absolutely. A double-edged sword, because until they saw 'tactical' sense it made finding said petrol station a lot easier. =))

However, I think PN was in the 'other' heavy gang? and they were aware.
Very sensible of them! ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#43 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:20 pm

It occurred to me that the Tankers were using the trails to assist the blind 😁

In a later life it was apparent that the F4 was going to miss his tanker by a country mile or 25 but I guess even contrails wouldn't help if you were looking in the wrong direction.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#44 Post by Boac » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:35 pm

PN wrote:It occurred to me that the Tankers were using the trails to assist the blind
From the LIghtning pilots' guide to head-down radar interceptions - "One peep is worth a thousand sweeps"

Then there's the fighter controller that rolled his Lightning out in front of the tanker..................

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#45 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:13 pm

Been there, done that, albeit in an F4 and our playmate who was target.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by OFSO » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:31 pm

Result of failing to clean chemtrail dispenser ducts, photographed five minutes ago over our house. Clogging resulted in lumps falling to earth.
IMG_20211022_182711.jpg
IMG_20211022_182711.jpg (65.25 KiB) Viewed 12 times

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#47 Post by Boac » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:00 pm

Clogging resulted in lumps falling to earth.
I thought that was what happened in Windsor?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#48 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:52 pm

What was the TV?

*T=turd

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#49 Post by 4mastacker » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:44 pm

:-$ We had tanks full of that there chemtrail stuff at various stations I was on - it was disguised as F34 or F40. Occasionally, something called Santoline-C was added. :-$ ;)))
It's always my fault - SWMBO

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#50 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:19 am

Neville Atkinson, an ex FAA jet jockey, who became the personal corporate jet pilot to Gadaffi, highlights the importance of the lack of contrails when being hunted or targeted. In his unputdownable autobiography he tells of avoiding being blasted out of the sky by the Egyptians who were intent on killing a passenger on board his aircraft, and therefore him and his crew during some murky macinations typical of Middle Eastern poltics.
The first missile snaked up towards our Falcon 20, closely followed by a second. I was mesmerized. Surely someone must have made a ghastly mistake. Did they not realize the aircraft was full of passengers? Of course they did! Egypt was at war and this was no accident. Whoever ordered this atrocity on an unarmed civil aircraft must know the name of everyone on board. My death would be completely incidental to the main aim of terminating the target passenger. As captain of this aircraft I had to take immediate action if life was to continue beyond the next few seconds. Then, suprisingly, I became aware that time appeared to be running superslowly, despite the massive explosive device speeding unerringly towards our obliteration...

These enormous explosions occurred at the exact time that the SAM IIs and anti-aircraft fire were being directed at our Falcon and were obviously our six SAMs, their fuel exhausted, returning to earth at high speed under the pull of gravity. We later discovered that no Israeli aircraft was involved in hostile activities over Cairo that particular day. These days, the incident would be reported as ‘friendly fire’, or blue on blue, but in the 1970s nobody was that specific. The clear blue sky still remained empty as we powered towards Tobruk from the south-east, at 40,000 feet, the pristine yellow sand of the Sahara seeming to ripple like wavelets on the surface of the sea, almost eight miles below. As the Libyan border and salvation grew ever nearer – now less than 100 nautical miles, or about ten minutes’ flying time ahead – four contrails appeared in the sky about 100 miles to the north, and quite close to the civil airway. The angle of the contrails indicated that they were climbing rapidly on a westerly track and their position was almost exactly where we would have been had we been flying in or towards the airway. With very good cause, I assumed that these came from four Egyptian fighters, probably looking for us, and if I had seen them from their contrails it was essential that I was not producing any myself. An immediate wide weave confirmed that my tail was clean so I decided to maintain altitude to avoid revealing my position with a contrail. The meteorological entropy needed to produce a contrail from an aircraft’s exhaust is quite specific to particular altitudes, which alter throughout the day. During wartime this absolute giveaway of position is so important that it is covered daily at the Met briefing prior to all military flights, and pilots write the details down on their kneepads for reference throughout the flight. Civil pilots ignore their contrails as unimportant, but today was an exception for me. If a contrail escaped from my jet pipe, I would be a dead duck.

My speed was now .9 Mach, whereas the fighters whose contrails I had just seen were likely to be moving supersonically at about 1.4 Mach. Any faster – they were capable of 2.2 Mach – would burn their fuel too rapidly and they would have insufficient range to reach me. They, therefore, had a realistic closing speed of about .5 Mach, allowing for the angles involved. Their airborne radar was useless at this range, while their ground radar, I knew, was very patchy and without height definition in this area. If they anticipated my tactics and turned south to intercept a possible position, they could only close at about five miles per minute, so for them to arrive within air-to-air missile firing range would take a minimum of 18 minutes. However, there could still be other fighters closer to my position that had been clever enough to remain outside the contrail layer and could catch this particular rabbit before it reached its burrow. No time for complacency. I must remain invisible for as long as possible, so no use of the radio and no descent into the contrail layer were, for the moment, vital.
Atkinson. Death on Small Wings .

As for contrails around the South East of England, on a clear day, when conditions are right, they focus on airways, and reporting points, often associated with the old VOR underneath them and are a help to lesser mortals like me who can use them to tool towards the LAM or DET with little effort on part of the little grey cells, while keeping out of the TMA, of course, It is always worth looking upwards at God's great vapour based pointers in the azure sky.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#51 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:42 am

What an interesting article G-CPTN.

The whole area of super cooled droplets, ice crystals and water vapour at high altitudes is a fascinating one and I was having a chat with a friend about cavums just the other day, as you do! :-bd

Fallstreak hole

fallstreak.JPG
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#52 Post by Boac » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:15 am

Fascinating - a new one to me. Photo example 4 in your linked Wiki article is also intriguing as it shows an apparent circular feature away from the hole. I cannot understand, however, why there appears to be no ice crystal diffraction in any of the holes.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#53 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:34 am

The top example, the elongated hole, looks like it has been cut. Could an aircraft have disturbed the air in the cloud?

Bit like understanding the climate , or trying to, but air movement and hence cloud formation has never ending variations.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#54 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:42 am

Boac wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:15 am
Fascinating - a new one to me. Photo example 4 in your linked Wiki article is also intriguing as it shows an apparent circular feature away from the hole. I cannot understand, however, why there appears to be no ice crystal diffraction in any of the holes.

Most likely because the ice crystals grow exponentially in the cloud as part of the Bergeron process and effectively fall out of the cloud thereby reducing the likelihood of diffraction!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wegener ... en_process
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#55 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:45 am

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:34 am
The top example, the elongated hole, looks like it has been cut. Could an aircraft have disturbed the air in the cloud?

Bit like understanding the climate , or trying to, but air movement and hence cloud formation has never ending variations.
The presence/disturbance of the aircraft and hygroscopic particulates in the jet efflux precipitate the whole process. It can occur without the aircraft, but such cases are very rare...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#56 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:13 am

What I like about the photo posted above, is the downwards flowing plume, as the as cold air descends into a warmer layer and the ice melts and water most likely evaporates as virga a little lower...

Gavin just had to be English... ;)))

https://cloudappreciationsociety.org/

I really love this sort of stuff and am huge fan of the society... as my many girlfriends over the years, who have left me, can confirm, I can talk for Africa about clouds... =))

https://blog.sciencemuseum.org.uk/the-m ... he-clouds/
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#57 Post by Woody » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:34 am

You lot are just trying to throw people away from the truth with all this nonsense about altitudes and meteorological events, when really all you had to do was flick the switch :))

When all else fails, read the instructions.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#58 Post by Woody » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:41 am

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#59 Post by Boac » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:44 am

Come on, Woody, you know the rules..............

TGG - a shame 'the cloud' was not available for Luke Howard in his day. :))

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#60 Post by Woody » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:58 am

I really wish I hadn’t started looking for this stuff, but this one’s a doozie :D