What book are you currently reading?

General Chit Chat
Rossian
Capt
Capt

Re: What book are you currently reading?

#301 Post by Rossian » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:10 pm

Ta FD2 - on my Kindle and it appeared almost as I finished typing (which I still find bloody amazing).

The Ancient Mariner

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#302 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:07 pm

I’m back, as barbed and angry as ever! X(

Current book is this fine work;

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/580 ... te-of-fear

Following my unpleasant experience with a previously unknown and unidentified Ninja Mutant strain of Covid1984 type malaise, I am returning to lob some very heavy stones into the calm pool of complacency which is O-N.

I took part in the London Anti-Lockdown protest march today, as a result of which my faith and hope in the biped species was greatly restored.

True to form in today’s Stasi world, the video of the march cannot be reposted, anyone here who really cares about the current shitshow will find somewhere adequate video evidence of the event, which may have been dressed up as the anti-Tory, pro-Palestinian and anti-everything-else event starring Jeremy Corbyn, in which I was not a participant.

I recall in an earlier post, before I shipped off to the fever hospital, I coined the phrase “Hands, Face, Arse”, which following Handycock’s tragic departure from the scene seemed strangely prescient, in view of the unexpurgated version of the infamous video, the full version of which is available somewhere from that highly unreliable source but when I attach the URL it yields the inevitable black screen etc.

If interested parties can access that footage, please note the body language of his illicit bit of fluff as he lunges forward to inject some spike protein into the unfortunate lass! =))

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#303 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:39 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:07 pm
I’m back, as barbed and angry as ever! X(

Current book is this fine work;

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/580 ... te-of-fear

Following my unpleasant experience with a previously unknown and unidentified Ninja Mutant strain of Covid1984 type malaise, I am returning to lob some very heavy stones into the calm pool of complacency which is O-N.

I took part in the London Anti-Lockdown protest march today, as a result of which my faith and hope in the biped species was greatly restored.

True to form in today’s Stasi world, the video of the march cannot be reposted, anyone here who really cares about the current shitshow will find somewhere adequate video evidence of the event, which may have been dressed up as the anti-Tory, pro-Palestinian and anti-everything-else event starring Jeremy Corbyn, in which I was not a participant.

I recall in an earlier post, before I shipped off to the fever hospital, I coined the phrase “Hands, Face, Arse”, which following Handycock’s tragic departure from the scene seemed strangely prescient, in view of the unexpurgated version of the infamous video, the full version of which is available somewhere from that highly unreliable source but when I attach the URL it yields the inevitable black screen etc.

If interested parties can access that footage, please note the body language of his illicit bit of fluff as he lunges forward to inject some spike protein into the unfortunate lass! =))
Hurrah! I am genuinely delighted to see you back, and hopefully hale and hearty barkingmad. The place wasn't the same without you.😁
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Opsboi
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#304 Post by Opsboi » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:29 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:07 pm
I coined the phrase “Hands, Face, Arse”
I think you're nuts

But you'll probably get off on this

ribrash

#305 Post by ribrash » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:48 am

Welcome back BM.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#306 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:13 pm

BM, is this the footage?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#307 Post by barkingmad » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:56 pm

P N, you asked "BM, is this the footage?"

Yes, bang on there and enjoyed Steve Coogan's voiceover.

But I still think her body language displays a certain reluctance to remain at such close quarters.

Maybe he's had a Vindaloo or garlic bread at lunchtime and it was a bit too close for the specified social distancing of 1.5 cms or 15 cms or was it 1.5 metres?

I never did like the Frog system of measurement. :-q

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#308 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:36 am

Virus Mania: Corona/COVID-19, Measles, Swine Flu, Cervical Cancer, Avian Flu, SARS, BSE, Hepatitis C, AIDS, Polio, Spanish Flu. How the Medical ... Making Billion-Dollar Profits At Our Expense Paperback – April 22, 2021

The book 'Virus Mania' has been written with the care of a master-craftsman, courageously evaluating the medical establishment, the corporate elites and the powerful government funding institutions." Wolfgang Weuffen, MD, Professor of Microbiology and Infectious Epidemiology "The book 'Virus-Wahn' can be called the first work in which the errors, frauds and general misinformations being spread by official bodies about doubtful or non-virus infections are completely exposed."
Gordon T. Stewart, MD, professor of public health and former WHO advisor - - - The population is terrified by reports of so-called COVID-19, measles, swine flu, SARS, BSE, AIDS or polio. However, the authors of "Virus Mania," investigative journalist Torsten Engelbrecht, Dr. Claus Köhnlein, MD, Dr. Samantha Bailey, MD, and Dr. Stefano Scoglio, BSc PhD, show that this fearmongering is unfounded and that virus mayhem ignores basic scientific facts: The existence, the pathogenicity and the deadly effects of these agents have never been proven.
The book "Virus Mania" will also outline how modern medicine uses dubious indirect lab tools claiming to prove the existence of viruses such as antibody tests and the polymerase chain reaction (PCR). The alleged viruses may be, in fact, also be seen as particles produced by the cells themselves as a consequence of certain stress factors such as drugs. These particles are then "picked up" by antibody and PCR tests and mistakenly interpreted as epidemic-causing viruses. The authors analyze all real causes of the illnesses named COVID-19, avian flu, AIDS or Spanish flu, among them pharmaceuticals, lifestyle drugs, pesticides, heavy metals, pollution, malnutrition and stress.
To substantiate it, the authors cite dozens of highly renowned scientists, among them the Nobel laureates Kary Mullis, Barbara McClintock, Walter Gilbert and Sir Frank Macfarlane Burnet as well as microbiologist and Pulitzer Prize winner René Dubos, and it presents more than 1,400 solid scientific references. The topic of "Virus Mania" is of pivotal significance.
Drug makers and top scientists rake in enormous sums of money and the media boosts its audience ratings and circulations with sensationalized reporting (the coverage of the "New York Times" and "Der Spiegel" are specifically analyzed).The enlightenment about the real causes and true necessities for prevention and cure of illnesses is falling by the wayside. For more reviews, see the older edition of "Virus Mania".

Definition of cui bono
1 : a principle that probable responsibility for an act or event lies with one having something to gain
2 : usefulness or utility as a principle in estimating the value of an act or policy

For the many who embrace climate change as a progressive cause, watch in the coming years for who benefits, cui bono.
— William Levin, National Review, 15 Dec. 2020

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#309 Post by EA01 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:18 am

......but what to make of all those cadavers in NYC, such that they could not be 'catered' for and were rotting in the street??

Opsboi
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#310 Post by Opsboi » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:58 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:36 am
Virus Mania: Corona/COVID-19, Measles, Swine Flu, Cervical Cancer, Avian Flu, SARS, BSE, Hepatitis C, AIDS, Polio, Spanish Flu. How the Medical ... Making Billion-Dollar Profits At Our Expense Paperback – April 22, 2021

The book 'Virus Mania' has been written with the care of a master-craftsman, courageously evaluating the medical establishment, the corporate elites and the powerful government funding institutions...
Drug makers and top scientists rake in enormous sums of money and the media boosts its audience ratings and circulations with sensationalized reporting (the coverage of the "New York Times" and "Der Spiegel" are specifically analyzed).The enlightenment about the real causes and true necessities for prevention and cure of illnesses is falling by the wayside. For more reviews, see the older edition of "Virus Mania".
I hope it's got pictures

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#311 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:42 am

Currently "Twisted" by Jonathan Kellerman. Given out by the Sunday paper

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#312 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:23 pm

20210722_171317.jpg

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#313 Post by OFSO » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:03 pm

"Bombshell - Bobby Kennedy killed Marilyn Monroe" by a retired member of the LAPD (substantiated facts, page after page, and its a wonder nobody has bumped the author off) on Kindle.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#314 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:28 pm

Read one similar, looks like this one is just out.
Too bad all this came out so long after most all of the players, Bobby, JFK, Peter Lawford, etc. were all gone.

PP

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#315 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:33 pm

That Russian / Soviet anthem sends tingles through me - unlike our pedestrian God Save the Queen.

Opsboi
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#316 Post by Opsboi » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:36 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:33 pm
That Russian / Soviet anthem sends tingles through me - unlike our pedestrian God Save the Queen.
That's brave on this board!

But then I'm Welsh and we have the best anthem bar none :|

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#317 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:10 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:01 am
A book about life on a little Greek island
=)) Very funny Probes, the question is are you now reading it in your language or not?

The trouble with Kindle here is even if we could get one the download would be difficult if not impossible. The book that Probes refers to is now on Kindle. The Royalties are peanuts :((
Are you suggesting you got nothing of the huge Kindle fee I paid for your book Ex-Ascot... ;)))

Only kidding, I am aware of the Kindle swindle, not good for authors...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#318 Post by llondel » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:53 pm

OFSO wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:03 pm
"Bombshell - Bobby Kennedy killed Marilyn Monroe" by a retired member of the LAPD (substantiated facts, page after page, and its a wonder nobody has bumped the author off) on Kindle.
Sometimes the best course of action is just to ridicule the claims. Bumping off the messenger just makes it more credible.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#319 Post by OFSO » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:02 am

Read the book. Hard to disbelive, especially if you know the old LA scene and Hollywood. I had a Mr Fixit in Huntington Beach there for years, he used to pop down and get legal paperwork done by the Courts in Mexico, suddenly disappeared, and I never heard what happened.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#320 Post by OFSO » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:19 am

Sample: There was a chill, something of the night about LAPD Chief William Parker. Before he went into television and established himself by creating Star Trek, LAPD Sergeant Gene Roddenberry had worked with Parker and said he modelled Mr. Spock on him