General Chit Chat
Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: Air Fryers

#101 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:20 am

Alisoncc wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:10 pm
Sise, I can only assume you were playing truant when we did air fryers at Hogwarts. ;)))

Whilst it does nothing extra that a top of the range fan-forced kitchen oven does, the upside from my perspective is that I don't have to heat, and maintain the heat, of a large metal box with accoutrements to cook a relatively small amount of food. Just because a person has lots of energy resources available doesn't mean they should be used. With the Ex-A's power limitations (off the grid), an air fryer should be a welcome addition to their kitchen.
Absolutely correct. Obviously our oven is gas. Solar is free.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#102 Post by Alisoncc » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:34 pm

Thanks Ex-A. The secret to making good chips from raw potatoes in an air fryer is to dry the cut chips before dunking them in oil. I use EVOO. Lay them out on paper towel with extra sheet on top, and press down is sufficient. Plate of hot chips in twenty two minutes from go to whoa last night.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#103 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:30 pm

Alisoncc wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:34 pm
Thanks Ex-A. The secret to making good chips from raw potatoes in an air fryer is to dry the cut chips before dunking them in oil. I use EVOO. Lay them out on paper towel with extra sheet on top, and press down is sufficient. Plate of hot chips in twenty two minutes from go to whoa last night.
Our solar will not run it for 22 mins in the evening may do during the day though. Perhaps you mean from taking the fork out to dig them up? Anyway it is still in Gaborone with a ridiculous tax bill on it. About 95%. Told they will send it here and sort it out with the tax office here. Now told DHL will not release it from Gabs until tax is paid. Maun DHL are supposed to be sorting it out but never called me back. I will go into their office on Thursday. Four day courier now three weeks and still not here.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#104 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:51 pm

I say no more until the first chip:

Chips

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#105 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:56 am

Released from Gabs Monday. Told send it here would be here Tuesday. Still in Gabs. 4 day delivery, now four weeks by the time we get it nearer five. For the inconvenience DHL offered to deliver it to our doorstep. Withdrew the offer after being told location.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#106 Post by OFSO » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:34 pm

With all respect, your Grace, when it finally arrives could you post a photograph of it, perhaps on a velvet cushion, in some suitable room in your residence, so we can all raise a glass to your persistence and perseverance in obtaining this 2019 equivalent of the Holy Grail...

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#107 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:52 pm

OFSO wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:34 pm
With all respect, your Grace, when it finally arrives could you post a photograph of it, perhaps on a velvet cushion, in some suitable room in your residence, so we can all raise a glass to your persistence and perseverance in obtaining this 2019 equivalent of the Holy Grail...
It is in town. Had a phone call. Will pick it up Monday. They again offered to deliver it to our door but withdrew the offer when they found out where we are. Yes indeed OFSO will post photo. No velvet cushions here but will do our best. Next trauma is my watch coming back from Cape Town after repair.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#108 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:12 pm

Unlike the Brexit thread, is the end in sight! 😁

ribrash

#109 Post by ribrash » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:41 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:12 pm
Unlike the Brexit thread, is the end in sight! 😁
Are the chips in sight. =))

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#110 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Potato ones I hope, not the other ones we used to have here😂

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#111 Post by OFSO » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:02 pm

I think photographs of collection from the Agent is in order. All posed round the box, firstly, and secondly the moment of the box opening to reveal the gleaming Air Fryer. Assuming, that is....

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#112 Post by k3k3 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:10 pm

Don't even think that...

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#113 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:29 am

Not only do we hope :-w to claim that we will have the most expensive Air Fryer in the world but the most traveled. Amazon Germany, Athens 8 hrs on a ship to Amorgos, another 8 hours on a ship back to Athens, Italy, back to Germany, Amsterdam, Johannesburg, Gaborone, Maun. That is some air and ship miles. An Air Flier in Chinese. :YMPARTY:

Capetonian

#114 Post by Capetonian » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:29 am

After all that, let's hope it works! It would be tragically ironic if it was faulty and had to be returned.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#115 Post by Alisoncc » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:02 pm

Via the same route. :D
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#116 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:20 pm

Alisoncc wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:02 pm
Via the same route. :D
That would be no challenge. We must try at least to chuck in Australia next time.

Anyway hopefully the big opening photo in the DHL office in Maun tomorrow. Maybe RiS will jump out. It has been through Athens twice.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#117 Post by OFSO » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:14 pm

Deny utterly, completely, and without prejudice or malice, any involvement by OFSO's in mailing by post, electronic media, native with forked stick, or constipated long-range duck, any attempt at a wind-up regarding house-sitting in 2020.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#118 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:15 am

See Trabb. Haven't opened the box yet one corner bashed but was well packaged.

Capetonian

#119 Post by Capetonian » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:54 am

Capture.JPG

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#120 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:39 am

You missed out Italy and Holland Cape. Here you go. Out of it's box on the veranda. Our courier on Amorgos had shoved in extra padding. Yes the box was split but goods in good shape. Asked for chips for lunch but chef wants to read instructions first. Never make a test pilot. I looked at chips first. 20-30 mins at 1.4 KWs is going to push our solar system. Certainly no chips after dark. Plug will not fit either but we have got adapters for most.
Attachments
Air Miles.jpg