Any animal killers here?

General Chit Chat
Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Any animal killers here?

#481 Post by Wodrick » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:52 pm

I am not a cat person but best to Piglet, I hope the child and it's mother get something totally debilitating.

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#482 Post by OneHungLow » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:55 pm

G~Man wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:29 pm
UNfortunatley, have an animal killer on my street 3 doors down......

My cat and their cat get into loud arguments with the occasional small figh, (never any injuries), over territory.

Saturday, my immediate neighbor asked if I had seen "Piglet" my cat in the last hour, I had not, 30 minutes later, she brings Piglet home in her arms. Piglet cleaarly injured, cannot stand, acan barrely breathe etc, and says she thinks the neighbor kid 3 doors down shot her.

Take her to the emergency vet, oxygen, X-rays, pain meds, O2 incubator....... Entry wound on right side, pellet lodged on left side.

It went through both lungs, hence all the white streaking in x-ray which is blood

.IMG_1642 (1).jpg

She stayed in incubator thru Sunday mid-day whenm she could breathe outside if it, had to have bllod transfusion last night, still at vets under supervision right now.

Confronted the mother of 15 year kid, who said "I told him to do it"...."But I did not know it was your cat", claims she awoke from a nap to hearing cat fight and told her son to "do somethingabout it". He shote 3 times, my cat was seen runnning away, he then shot 3 more times. No remorse.

The kid is "homeschooled" lacks social skills as his Mother will not lett him play with other kids on the street. She started a "Christian Charter School" last year and has her plus two teachers now teaching kids privately.

Different kind of christians I guess......Oh and not that is should bear any significance, she is highly active in the various political rallies around town..... You guessed it.....full on Trump.

Animal control refuse to do anything as have local police.....I may try again with them as I found a city ordinance against firing weopand within city limits......

Still [retty fresh, will keep all updated...
The observer of fools in military south and north...

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#483 Post by OneHungLow » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:56 pm

G~Man wrote:
UNfortunatley, have an animal killer on my street 3 doors down......

My cat and their cat get into loud arguments with the occasional small figh, (never any injuries), over territory.

Saturday, my immediate neighbor asked if I had seen "Piglet" my cat in the last hour, I had not, 30 minutes later, she brings Piglet home in her arms. Piglet cleaarly injured, cannot stand, acan barrely breathe etc, and says she thinks the neighbor kid 3 doors down shot her.

Take her to the emergency vet, oxygen, X-rays, pain meds, O2 incubator....... Entry wound on right side, pellet lodged on left side.

It went through both lungs, hence all the white streaking in x-ray which is blood

.IMG_1642 (1).jpg

She stayed in incubator thru Sunday mid-day whenm she could breathe outside if it, had to have bllod transfusion last night, still at vets under supervision right now.

Confronted the mother of 15 year kid, who said "I told him to do it"...."But I did not know it was your cat", claims she awoke from a nap to hearing cat fight and told her son to "do somethingabout it". He shote 3 times, my cat was seen runnning away, he then shot 3 more times. No remorse.

The kid is "homeschooled" lacks social skills as his Mother will not lett him play with other kids on the street. She started a "Christian Charter School" last year and has her plus two teachers now teaching kids privately.

Different kind of christians I guess......Oh and not that is should bear any significance, she is highly active in the various political rallies around town..... You guessed it.....full on Trump.

Animal control refuse to do anything as have local police.....I may try again with them as I found a city ordinance against firing weopand within city limits......

Still [retty fresh, will keep all updated...
Jeez man. Some people are so **** awful.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#484 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:50 pm

It is deplorable that anyone would contemplate shooting at a cat.
Best wishes to Piglet for a full recovery.
Will there be any recompense from the assailant towards the cost of treatment?

G~Man
Capt
Capt

#485 Post by G~Man » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:36 pm

Thanx for the wellwishes from everyone.
G-CPTN wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:50 pm
Will there be any recompense from the assailant towards the cost of treatment?
The mother said she would pay the vet fees but then added a "but"----she is short on money right now yada yada yada...they own a few properties and are not "huring" for money.

As of mid-day today, the vet fees are $3,500

But what else can I do.....she is part of my family. As long as there is continued improvement we will continue. As the vet said, Piglet is one lucky to be alove and 2, lucky to have someone with the means to pay extensive vet fees, I am sure this is beyond what the average person could afford.

Piglet, (orange cat on the right), and Biskit in happier times:

Piglet & Biskit.jpg
B-) Life may not be the party you hoped for, but while you're here, you may as well dance. B-)

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#486 Post by OneHungLow » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:14 am

Year of the Cat man.

One of my business colleagues, the bird woman of the English South Coast, the Sea Gull (not Nelson) having taken one of her gold fish...

fuckyounelson.JPG

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#487 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:40 am

G~Man wrote:
Trabbforce to Piglet!
Stay after them through all Gov't channels and present all vet bills to the mother with copies to police, animal control, and maybe local newspaper /local TV station.

PP

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#488 Post by Pinky the pilot » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:49 am

Trabbforce to Piglet!
Stay after them through all Gov't channels and present all vet bills to the mother with copies to police, animal control, and maybe local newspaper /local TV station.
+1. With extra emphasis on the 'local newspaper/local TV station' bit.
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#489 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:26 am

Wodrick wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:52 pm
I hope the child and it's mother get something totally debilitating.
+1
Hope Piglet continues to recover. :YMHUG:
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

G~Man
Capt
Capt

#490 Post by G~Man » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:08 pm

Again thanx for all the support.....Here is the latest:

Brought her home last night as the vet thought she would benefit from being in a familiar surrounding/smells and it would help her recovery. She was obviously still drugged, still giving her meds, monitoring breathing etc through out the night.

This morning I left her in the bathroom for 15 mins alone, (basically trying to contain her in one room so she does not run etc), came back in and she was up on the counter....her back legs work, which was a coincern the pellet had hit her spine. Huge huge improvement.... she is not out of the woods yet and is going back to the vett todya for a few hours to monitor blood levels etc again.

We did finally talk to a supervisor at the local police department, I did the work for them and had all the violatiion numbers listed, (shooting a firearm within city limits, animal cruelty etc), and they sent an officer to go "talk" with the mother. SHe now sees the error of her ways but is obvioulsy shielding the teenager. If nothing else, he at least saw a patrol car and uniformed officer on his doorstep and has to comprehend he did something wrong. No charges though. We will work on getting reimbursed for vet fees which as of this morning were up to $4,200, which is more than the deposit I put down on my first house......

Piglet last night, did not get one of her up and walking but will tonight:

IMG_6122 (1).jpg
B-) Life may not be the party you hoped for, but while you're here, you may as well dance. B-)

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#491 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:14 pm

G~Man wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:08 pm
If nothing else, he at least saw a patrol car and uniformed officer on his doorstep and has to comprehend he did something wrong.
That alone may save the life of someone else's pet and maybe set the young man on a straighter path. :-?

PP

G~Man
Capt
Capt

#492 Post by G~Man » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:42 pm

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:14 pm
G~Man wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:08 pm
If nothing else, he at least saw a patrol car and uniformed officer on his doorstep and has to comprehend he did something wrong.
That alone may save the life of someone else's pet and maybe set the young man on a straighter path. :-?
PP
True that, in reality, I do not want to press charges against the kid anyway, he does not need that at the start of his life, however, he has had a sheltered and "different" upbringing and he needs to completely unterstand the consequences of his actions, and that you do not shoot animals. (Obvioulsy hunting for food ettc is a different story and outside the realm of this particular topic--I have no problem with legal hunting).

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#493 Post by Karearea » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:54 pm

Ongoing good wishes for Piglet - the finest most delicate fish and chicken and gravy if that's what she likes, and rest and gentle strokings.

- many memories of my "Piglet" whose proper name was Victoria but acquired the nickname and various evolutions of it :)
Around the world thoughts shall fly In the twinkling of an eye

G~Man
Capt
Capt

#494 Post by G~Man » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:51 pm

Update......Thank you for all the good wishes and good vibes...

Piglet is now home, and me trying to contain her in a huge crate---vet wants her somewhat not running, jumping etc for a few more days to let internal bruising heal. SHe is full of life and trying to hold her back is hard....

As for the mother and kid---no remorse, have not been over or even texted asking about Piglet, so...my other half wants to sue and press charges now. She is out of town for a few days, so we will see when she returns.

IMG_6145 (2).jpg

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#495 Post by Karearea » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:53 pm

Good news. Onward, Piglet! :)
Around the world thoughts shall fly In the twinkling of an eye

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#496 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:53 am

Glad to hear that Piglet is chomping at the bit to get back to her active lifestyle. :-bd
Please ask her to make judicious use of her (hopefully) eight remaining lives. :YMHUG:
I am quite sure that the late, great, Bubba (who shares Piglet's paint scheme) used up a few of his on some of his walkabouts. =((

PP

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#497 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:22 am

Glad Piglet is on the mend. :YMHUG:

I'm with your other half with regards to charges/sueing; they are obviously obnoxious and deserving of just punishment.
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#498 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:29 am

Glad Piglet is on the mend. :YMHUG:

I'm with your other half with regards to charges/sueing; they are obviously obnoxious and deserving of just punishment.

+1
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#499 Post by Woody » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:26 pm

Bloody Noggies, not content with murdering whales, they’ve started on walruses X(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65439294
When all else fails, read the instructions.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#500 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:16 am

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
Of cabbages—and kings—
And why the sea is boiling hot—
And whether pigs have wings."