Fathers!

General Chit Chat
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Fathers!

#21 Post by OFSO » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:56 pm

Look, we have to put a stop to this thread as the term "father" is a prejudicial pejorative implying that "fathers" can only be male, which as we all know is not the case, as the "father" can now be a lesbian woman assuming the masculine role in a bi-sexual relationship. Further more this thread contains explicit details of activities traditionally associated with persons unfairly designated at birth as "male" with no choice having been given within the first few hours after birth of alternatives such as male, female, transient, mixed, presenting-as-female on weekends up at the park after the hours of darkness, etc....

Think I'll go and lie down.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:01 pm

OFSO wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:56 pm
Look, we have to put a stop to this thread as the term "father" is a prejudicial pejorative implying that "fathers" can only be male, which as we all know is not the case, as the "father" can now be a lesbian woman assuming the masculine role in a bi-sexual relationship. Further more this thread contains explicit details of activities traditionally associated with persons unfairly designated at birth as "male" with no choice having been given within the first few hours after birth of alternatives such as male, female, transient, mixed, presenting-as-female on weekends up at the park after the hours of darkness, etc....

:)) =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:12 pm

OFSO wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:56 pm

Does it mean that nuns can now insist on being addressed as '"Father" and vickyverka, can priests now insist on being called "Sister" or "Mother"? Are monasteries and convents now gender-neutral? :-\
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:50 pm

Don't forget Elton John.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by barkingmad » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:28 am

Would this have helped the hetero white sometimes married male whom we regarded as pater?

A bit too late for most of us in O-N ! ! :O3

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:50 am

An interesting looking read barkingmad I am tempted to buy the Kindle version.

I was in a bit of a gloomy state of mind about fathers when I started this thread so it is heartening to see so many positive tributes to ops-normal's paters here.

One interesting, though relatively sad, father son relationship was that between Kenneth Grahame (the author Wind in the Willows) and his son Alastair. The book itself really describes the dynamic that drove Graham and is a clue to what ultimately happened to Alastair. I guess, as barkingmad's suggested book highlights, you have to be have grown up to be a good dad. Good dads tend to make good sons who make good fathers I guess while not forgetting the critical role of moms in this as well.

Kenneth Grahame

For once the Daily Mail sums up the story very well..
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."