Quiz 6-19

General Chit Chat
Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

Quiz 6-19

#1 Post by Stoneboat » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:23 pm

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. What better time for a quiz?

Rules

1...The quiz will be posted on Saturday or Sunday evening, my time.

2...Answers are worth a point apiece, except some questions may ask for additional info, worth extra points.

2a...There are musical clues scattered throughout the quiz (in groups of 5 or 10). Identify the song and artist from the clue supplied.

3...Until the first set of answers have been posted players are restricted to one post apiece, containing as many answers as they like. Additional posts will be ignored and edited posts will be disqualified. After the first group of answers have been posted, all restrictions are cancelled (free for all).

4...The judge's decision is final, but with proper brown-nosing he may listen to reason.

1...What is the most common type of Mongolian dwelling?
Bonus point, what do the Mongolians call it?

2...Name Sinterklaas' companion.
Bonus point, what does he do with bad children?

3...In 1572 King Phillip II of Spain ordered 7000 pairs of skates to equip his army to put down an insurrection in what country?

4...In what nation do the natives practice the ancient tradition of pukana?

5...In what European nation do the people hide their brooms on Christmas Eve?

6...Who was David Berkowitz better known as?

7..Who is author James Dover Grant better known as?

8...Point each, what musical instrument was found at the summit of Ben Nevis in December of 1986, and what was missing from it?

9...Who were/are Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Curly Howard collectively known as?

10..Because it is home to a Bible publisher, the Southern Baptist Convention, and the United Methodist Church, what Tennessee city is known as the Protestant Vatican?

11..What toxic substance has been called "The King of poisons, the poison of Kings?"

12..At 5280' ASL, Denver CO calls itself "The Mile High City." At 2860' ASL, what does Quinter KS (pop 980) call itself?

13..Which Shakespeare play has been made into a movie the most often?

14..In 2006 an engineering team from Carnegie Mellon University created MacBlare, the first robot to play what musical instrument?

15..What Canadian city is named for Cala Ghearraidh - Beach of the Meadow - on the Isle of Mull?

16..This facility at the Ritz-Carleton Hotel, on the 116th floor of the International Commerce Center in Hong Kong, is the highest one above street level in the world.

17..In 1803, Edward Despard became the last criminal to be executed in England using this method.

18..Point each, name the missing player and group:
Spike Milligan, Peter Sellers...

19..Lifesaving stations along the Thames used to carry tobacco and a bellows to blow smoke where, in an attempt to revive drowning victims?

20..What is a Northern Walkingstick?

21..Meself I had a c*** of a night but me undies had a ball...

22..I was working in my lab late one night...

23..Here I am again in this mean old town...

24..Holden wrecks and boiling diesel burn in 45 degrees...

25..All of these lines across my face tell you the story of who I am...

26..British K-Class subs were powered by electric motors and what other propulsion system?

27..In the 16th century, the Roman Catholic church decreed this vegetable 'unholy' because there was no mention of it in the Bible.

28..What spice gives yellow mustard its yellow colour?

29..What country grows 90% of the world's mustard seed?

30..What was the nickname of King Edward I of England?

31..Point each, who is/was Jean Cauvin better known as and what movement did he lead?

32..Soylent Green was made from people. What was Soylent Red and Soylent Yellow made from?

33..Point each, the Queen Maud Mountains of Antarctica are named for the Queen of what country, and by whom?

34..Geoffrey Chaucer was an accomplished student of navigation. He taught the daughter of John the Gaunt - Philippa - who became the Queen of Portugal. By what name did Philippa's son come to be known?

35..Who is James Hillier Blount better known as?

36..What international cell phone manufacturer started out in 1865 as a wood pulp mill?

37..Where did the Quangle-Wangle reside?
Gimme point, how wide was his hat, in metric?
Bonus point, who wrote the above piece of whimsey?

38..An urban legend has sprung up that this British singer possibly prevented WW3 by disobeying an order to fire on Russian troops in Pristina.

39..During Victorian times, men could but women were discouraged, from cultivating orchids. Why?

40..Where are the Crypts of Lieberkuhn located?
Bonus point, how about the Darwin Tubercle?

41..I'll never forget the people I met braving those angry skies...

42..On your maypole green see the winding Morris men...

43..Up to mighty London came an Irishman one day...

44..Ane when the ship pulled into Circular Quai and I looked at the place where me legs used to be...

45..Dear Lady Astor you think you know a lot standing on the corner and talking tommyrot...

46..What song did Tom T. Hall write on the back of an airline sick bag on a flight out of Miami?

47..In Jamaica, what is a sleeping policeman?

48..What robbery was masterminded by Bruce Reynolds?

49..The American zone improvement plan codes are better known as what?

50..The outer part of a loaf of bread is called the crust. What is the inner part called?

51..Name the only Norge group to have an international # 1 hit.
Bonus point, name it.

52..Italian puppeteer Maria Perego died recently. What famous mouse did she create?
Bonus point, for what line is the mouse best remembered?

53..Who lived at Via Capello 27, Verona, Italy?

54..When asked what her favourite wine was, this famous chef replied "Gin."

55..In Mexico it is known as Flor de Nochebuena - flower of the Holy Night. What do we call it?

56..The UN has defined this as 'a non-periodical literary publication containing 49 or more pages, not counting the covers.' What do us idiots call it?

57..What English expression comes from the Dutch in de pikel zitten?

58..Finish the phrase from Ecclesiastes 8:15:
"A man hath no better thing under the sun than to..."

59..By what name is the Norwegian Lundehund breed of dog better known?

60..Name the official pie of the State of Florida.

61..Oh where have you been my blue eyed son...

62..Would you know my name if I saw you in Heaven...

63..I can't stand to fly I'm not that naïve...

64..If God had a face what would it look like...

65..Now some of you may not know it but the boll weevil is an insect...

66..From 1066 to about 1365, what was the official language of England?

67..What is the unique feature of the African wolf dog?

68..Although called dogs, these animals are actually rodents of the same group as mice or beavers.

69..Name the only animal on the planet with four forward-facing knees.

70..What animal's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes?

71..What Italian folk dance owes its origin to the belief that the performer had been bitten by a spider?
Bonus point, what spider?

72..Point each, what is the opposite of placebo (from the Latin meaning I shall please) and what does it mean?

73..What Monty film was marketed in Sweden as "A film so funny it was banned in Norway."
Bonus point, which Beatle paid the production costs of the movie?

74..By what name is the Grumman G-73 known?

75..What Simon and Garfunkel song was the last number performed in public by Elvis before his death?

76..Name the only English speaking country in Central America.

77..One American State and one Canadian province have laws based on the Napoleonic Code. Point each...

78..Where does the Christmas tree on Boston Common come from?
Bonus point, Trafalgar Square?

79..Which crewmember of the starship USS Enterprise described himself as 'an Aberdeen pub crawler?'

80..The vestibular system controls what function of the human body?

81..It's coming on Christmas they're cutting down trees...

82..I heard the sidewalk Santa say Merry Christmas Merry Christmas...

83..Now many a bird did wake and fly...

84..Out on the plains the brolgas are dancing...

85..He's everywhere! He's everywhere!...

86..Fishermn Gregorio Fuentes inspired what Ernest Hemingway work?

87..What German city has more bridges than any city in the world?
Bonus point, what German city has more canals than Amsterdam and Venice combined?

88..Vichyssoise was invented in what country?

89..Students at Northwestern University in Illinois started a new fraternity Zeta Zeta Zeta, dedicated to 'encouraging excellence through what?'

90..What traditional Christmas decoration is actually a parasitic plant?

91..In the movie The Muppet Christmas Carol what human actor played Scrooge?

92..In Austrian folklore, what horned figure punishes naughty children on Christmas?

93..In How The Grinch Stole Christmas, what three words best describe him?

94..What Christmas carol was broadcast from space by Tom Stafford and Wally Schirra from Gemini VI in 1968?

95..In what Christmas movie sequel does president Donald Trump make a cameo appearance?

96..Santa Claus - St. Nicholas - was born in what modern day country?

97..In 1955, what organization began tracking Santa Claus on radar?
Bonus point, in 2004 what other organization began tracking him?

98..In the song The Twelve Days Of Christmas the calling birds were originally colly birds. What did colly birds mean?

99..What is the Canadian 'society to curtail ridiculous outrageous and ostentatious gift exchanges' better known as?

100..In what Canadian province is it traditional to go 'mummering' during the Christmas season?

Bonus question, translate the following and what language is it in?
ĝojan Kristnaskon kaj Feliĉan Novan Jaron.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: Quiz 6-19

#2 Post by Hydromet » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:45 pm

Bonus point, what does he do with bad children? Black Peter

4...In what nation do the natives practice the ancient tradition of pukana? New Zealand

6...Who was David Berkowitz better known as? Boston Strangler

9...Who were/are Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Curly Howard collectively known as? The Three Stooges

13..Which Shakespeare play has been made into a movie the most often? Hamlet

14..In 2006 an engineering team from Carnegie Mellon University created MacBlare, the first robot to play what musical instrument? Bagpipes

16..This facility at the Ritz-Carleton Hotel, on the 116th floor of the International Commerce Center in Hong Kong, is the highest one above street level in the world. Swimming pool

Spike Milligan, Peter Sellers... Harry Secombe

26..British K-Class subs were powered by electric motors and what other propulsion system? Diesel

28..What spice gives yellow mustard its yellow colour? Saffron

30..What was the nickname of King Edward I of England? The Confessor

33..Point each, the Queen Maud Mountains of Antarctica are named for the Queen of what country, and by whom? Norway, Roald Amundsen.

36..What international cell phone manufacturer started out in 1865 as a wood pulp mill? Nokia

38..An urban legend has sprung up that this British singer possibly prevented WW3 by disobeying an order to fire on Russian troops in Pristina. James Blunt

39..During Victorian times, men could but women were discouraged, from cultivating orchids. Why? Resemblance of orchids to male sexual organs

40..Where are the Crypts of Lieberkuhn located? Brain

44..Ane when the ship pulled into Circular Quai and I looked at the place where me legs used to be... The Band Played Waltzing Matilda

48..What robbery was masterminded by Bruce Reynolds? Great Train Robbery

66..From 1066 to about 1365, what was the official language of England? Ffrench

68..Although called dogs, these animals are actually rodents of the same group as mice or beavers. Prairie Dogs

70..What animal's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes? Pig

71..What Italian folk dance owes its origin to the belief that the performer had been bitten by a spider? Tarantella
Bonus point, what spider? Tarantula

79..Which crewmember of the starship USS Enterprise described himself as 'an Aberdeen pub crawler?' Scotty

80..The vestibular system controls what function of the human body? Balance

84..Out on the plains the brolgas are dancing... Orana

86..Fishermn Gregorio Fuentes inspired what Ernest Hemingway work? The Old Man and the Sea

89..Students at Northwestern University in Illinois started a new fraternity Zeta Zeta Zeta, dedicated to 'encouraging excellence through what?' Sleeping

90..What traditional Christmas decoration is actually a parasitic plant? Mistletoe

97..In 1955, what organization began tracking Santa Claus on radar? Norad

99..What is the Canadian 'society to curtail ridiculous outrageous and ostentatious gift exchanges' better known as? SCROOGE

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by ian16th » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:47 pm

A Tent B Yurt

3...In 1572 King Phillip II of Spain ordered 7000 pairs of skates to equip his army to put down an insurrection in what country?

8...Point each, what musical instrument was found at the summit of Ben Nevis in December of 1986, and what was missing from it?

The 3 Stooges

10..Because it is home to a Bible publisher, the Southern Baptist Convention, and the United Methodist Church, what Tennessee city is known as the Protestant Vatican?

11..What toxic substance has been called "The King of poisons, the poison of Kings?"

12..At 5280' ASL, Denver CO calls itself "The Mile High City." At 2860' ASL, what does Quinter KS (pop 980) call itself?

14..In 2006 an engineering team from Carnegie Mellon University created MacBlare, the first robot to play what musical instrument?

15..What Canadian city is named for Cala Ghearraidh - Beach of the Meadow - on the Isle of Mull?

16..This facility at the Ritz-Carleton Hotel, on the 116th floor of the International Commerce Center in Hong Kong, is the highest one above street level in the world.

17..In 1803, Edward Despard became the last criminal to be executed in England using this method.

Harry Secombe, Michael Bentine, The Goons

19..Lifesaving stations along the Thames used to carry tobacco and a bellows to blow smoke where, in an attempt to revive drowning victims?

26..British K-Class subs were powered by electric motors and what other propulsion system?

27..In the 16th century, the Roman Catholic church decreed this vegetable 'unholy' because there was no mention of it in the Bible.

Edward Longshanks

31..Point each, who is/was Jean Cauvin better known as and what movement did he lead?

32..Soylent Green was made from people. What was Soylent Red and Soylent Yellow made from?

33..Point each, the Queen Maud Mountains of Antarctica are named for the Queen of what country, and by whom?

34..Geoffrey Chaucer was an accomplished student of navigation. He taught the daughter of John the Gaunt - Philippa - who became the Queen of Portugal. By what name did Philippa's son come to be known?

36..What international cell phone manufacturer started out in 1865 as a wood pulp mill?
Nokia

38..An urban legend has sprung up that this British singer possibly prevented WW3 by disobeying an order to fire on Russian troops in Pristina.

39..During Victorian times, men could but women were discouraged, from cultivating orchids. Why?

44..Ane when the ship pulled into Circular Quai and I looked at the place where me legs used to be...

45..Dear Lady Astor you think you know a lot standing on the corner and talking tommyrot...

46..What song did Tom T. Hall write on the back of an airline sick bag on a flight out of Miami?

The Great Train Robbery

50..The outer part of a loaf of bread is called the crust. What is the inner part called?

Bonus point, name it.

52..Italian puppeteer Maria Perego died recently. What famous mouse did she create?

55..In Mexico it is known as Flor de Nochebuena - flower of the Holy Night. What do we call it?

56..The UN has defined this as 'a non-periodical literary publication containing 49 or more pages, not counting the covers.' What do us idiots call it?

French

68..Although called dogs, these animals are actually rodents of the same group as mice or beavers.

71..What Italian folk dance owes its origin to the belief that the performer had been bitten by a spider?

72..Point each, what is the opposite of placebo (from the Latin meaning I shall please) and what does it mean?

73..What Monty film was marketed in Sweden as "A film so funny it was banned in Norway."

Mallard

75..What Simon and Garfunkel song was the last number performed in public by Elvis
before his death?
Bridge Over Troubled Waters.

Belize

77..One American State and one Canadian province have laws based on the Napoleonic Code. Point each...
Louisiana, Quebec

79..Which crewmember of the starship USS Enterprise described himself as 'an Aberdeen pub crawler?'
Lt. Cdr. Scott

Bonus point, what German city has more canals than Amsterdam and Venice combined?

89..Students at Northwestern University in Illinois started a new fraternity Zeta Zeta Zeta, dedicated to 'encouraging excellence through what?'

Mistletoe

92..In Austrian folklore, what horned figure punishes naughty children on Christmas?

94..What Christmas carol was broadcast from space by Tom Stafford and Wally Schirra from Gemini VI in 1968?

95..In what Christmas movie sequel does president Donald Trump make a cameo appearance?

98..In the song The Twelve Days Of Christmas the calling birds were originally colly birds. What did colly birds mean?

99..What is the Canadian 'society to curtail ridiculous outrageous and ostentatious gift exchanges' better known as?

100..In what Canadian province is it traditional to go 'mummering' during the Christmas season?

Cynicism improves with age

Capetonian

#4 Post by Capetonian » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:57 pm

YURT

SPAIN (my MiL - I would prefer she flew off on it)

YURI GELLER

A BAGPIPE, THE DRONE

THE HALF MILE HIGH CITY

ROMEO AND JULIET, making generations of schoolchildren hate Shakespeare.

GYMNASIUM

GOON SHOW, MICHAEL BENTINE

TURMERIC

FRANCE

CALVINISTS

NORWAY, UNITED NATIONS

JAMES BLUNT

NOKIA

JAMES BLUNT (again … I know he was in the army)

THEY LOOK LIKE A PENIS if you have a twisted mind?

GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY, HERTFORDSHIRE

ZIP CODES

THE CAPULETS

NIGELLA LAWSON

MISTLETOE

A BOOK

TO BE IN A PICKLE

KEY LIME PIE

ERIC CLAPTON TEARS FROM HEAVEN written for his son who fell out of a window in NYC

JOAN something …. not Armatrading.

PRAIRIE DOGS

CAMEL

A LOT OF OINKING GOING ON. A PIG

TARANTELLA, TARANTULA

NON PLACEBO, I WILL NOT BE PLEASED

BEAR

BELIZE

NORWAY

THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA

HAMBURG
LUBECK

FRANCE

IVY

STRUWELPETER

CZECH REPUBLIC

NORAD

ALBERTA

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR
Romanian or Esperanto, I'll go for ESPERANTO

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by 4mastacker » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:05 pm

1...Yurt

5 Austrian

6.David Kosoff

11..Arsenic

18. Harry Secombe, The Goons.

26.Coal-fired boilers

29..England

35.James Blunt

36.Eriksson

38.James Blunt

47..Speed reducing hump

48..Great Train Robbery

49.ZIP codes

52. Tipo Grigio

54..Fanny Craddock

66..French

68..Praire dogs

69..Elephant.

76..Belize

79..Scotty

90..Miseltoe

93..Little Green Man

96. Russia

98..Collared Doves
It's always my fault - SWMBO

fin
Capt
Capt

#6 Post by fin » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:59 pm

1-Yurt
2-Black somebody or other
6-son of sam
9-3 stooges
12-center of us
17 beheading
26-propellers
49-zip code
53-Juliet
60-Key Lime
74-Gulfstream
77-Vermont, Quebec
79-scotty
86-old man & sea
87-Berlin Berlin again
90 Mistleto
97-norad
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

Planepsycho
First Solo
First Solo

#7 Post by Planepsycho » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:30 pm

5. Norway
6. Son of Sam (killer)
9. the three stooges
10.Nashville (still is! lol)
11. arsenic
12. the half mile city
13. Romeo and Juliet?
22. Monster Mash
23. So Far Away
28. tumeric
49. zip code
50. delicious
54. Julia Childs
58. eat, drink and be glad
60. key lime
62. tears in heaven/clapton
64. what if God was one of us/joan osborne
69. elephant
74. mallard
85. chicken man/ ray stevens
90. mistletoe

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Wodrick » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:40 pm

5. Norway
7. Lee Childs
11.Arsenic
17. hung drawn and quartered.
22. Monster Mash - Bobby Pickett and the Crypt Kicker (5?)
23. So Far Away - Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
28. Mustard.
29. I believe that may be Canada
30. the Confessor
61. Hard Rain - Bob Dylan
62. Tears in Heaven - Phil Collins
73. Life of Brian - I believe George Harrison
74. Mallard
94. Jingle Bells - I would hesitate to call it a carol, more a Christmas song.
96. Norway
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Tall Bird
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Tall Bird » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:28 am

I was going to go to bed early but ...

1. Yurt/Ger
7. Lee Child
8. Church organ with keyboard missing
15. Calgary
22. Monster Mash/Bobby Pickett
23. So Far Away/Dire Straits
34. Henry the Navigator
41. White Cliffs of Dover/Vera Lynn
42. Remembrance Day/Mark Knopfler
43. It's A Long Way To Tipperary
44. And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda/Eric Bogle
45. We Are The D Day Dodgers Out in Italy
46. Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon Wine or The Year Clayton Delaney Died - the only Tom T Hall songs I remember :D
53. Juliet
54. Clarissa Dickson Wright
61. A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall/Bob Dylan
65. Boll Weevil Song/Brook Benton
73. Life of Brian/George Harrison
78. Nova Scotia/Norway
86. The Old Man and the Sea
91. Michael Caine
92. Krampus
100. Newfoundland

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:02 am

1...Yurt
9...Three Stooges
13..Romeo & Juliet
15..Calgary
16..swimming pool
17..guillotine
22..Monster Mash
28..Tumeric
30..Edward the Confessor
33..Norway, Roald Amundsen
34..Henry the Navigator
35..James Blunt
38..James Blunt
48..Great Train Robbery
49..Zip codes
51..A-ha - hunting high and low
56..Book
64. What if God was one of Us?
66..Norman French
68..Prairie Dogs
70..Whale
73..Monty Python & the Holy Grail "My sister was once bitten by a moose!"What Monty film was marketed in Sweden as "A film so funny it was banned in Norway."
George Harrison
76..Belize
77..Louisiana, Quebec
78..Where does the Christmas tree on Boston Common come from? Canada
Bonus point, Trafalgar Square? Norway
79..Scotty
80..Balance
86.The Old Man and the Sea
90..Ivy
96.Netherlands
97..Norad
100..Newfoundland
Bonus question,
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year - Mongolian

Slasher

#11 Post by Slasher » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:32 am

Damn...I forgot and came in too late. I think TS has overslept too.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:29 am

Slasher wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:32 am
Damn...I forgot and came in too late. I think TS has overslept too.
No I didn't oversleep, looked in at 0600L and saw that I had already been beaten to it. :(

So I will wait to see whats left after the initial scores. Not to worry, it's still always fun to do these excellent quizzes. :)
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Slasher

#13 Post by Slasher » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:29 am

Mrs Ex-Ascot wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:29 am
So I will wait to see whats left after the initial scores.
Fair enough TS I’ll leave the leftovers to you. Like my wife you’re way smarterer and ejakated betterer than me anyway.

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#14 Post by Stoneboat » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:20 pm

Rules

2...Answers are worth a point apiece, except some questions may ask for additional info, worth extra points.

2a...There are musical clues scattered throughout the quiz (in groups of 5 or 10). Identify the song and artist from the clue supplied.

3...Until the first set of answers have been posted players are restricted to one post apiece, containing as many answers as they like. Additional posts will be ignored and edited posts will be disqualified. After the first group of answers have been posted, all restrictions are cancelled (free for all).

4...The judge's decision is final, but with proper brown-nosing he may listen to reaso

Rules

4...The judge's decision is final, but with proper brown-nosing he may listen to reason.

A yurt - ian16
Ger - TB

Black Pete (Zwart Piet) - Hydro
Open

Open

New Zealand - Hydro

Norway - PP

Son of Sam - fin

Lee Child - Wodrick

Instrument open
Keyboard - TB

The Three Stooges - Hydro

Nashville - PP
I have a niece lives in BNE. I kid her a bit about that.

Open

The Half-Mile High City - Cape

Hamlet - Hydro

The pipes - Hydro

Calgary - TB

Swimming pool - Hydro

Hung, drawn and quartered - Wodrick

Harry Secombe - Hydro
The Goon Show - ian16
Have a point for Michael Bentine, ian16.

Open

Open

Open

Monster Mash - PP
Bobby Pickett & The Crypt-Kicker 5 - Wodrick

So Far Away From Here - PP
Dire Straits - TB

Open

Open

Steam turbines - 4mastack
Complete with a collapsible funnel. Obviously designed by a committee.

Open

Turmeric - Cape

Canada - Wodrick

Edward Longshanks - ian16

Cauvin open
The Protestant Reformation - Cape

Open

Norway/Roald Amundsen - Hydro

Prince Henry the navigator - TB
More logical than steam-driven subs.

James Blunt - Cape

Nokia - Hydro

Open

James Blunt - Hydro

Open
Wrong gender guys.

Open
Open

There'll Be Bluebirds Over (The White Cliffs Of Dover)/Vera Lynn - TB

Remembrance Day/Mark Knopfler - TB

Long Way To Tipperary - TB
Artist open

The Band Played waltzing Matilda - Hydro
Eric Bogle - TB

D-Day Dodgers - TB
Artist open

Which one TB? :D

A speed bump - 2mastack

The Great Train Robbery - Hydro

ZIP Codes - Cape

Open
Delicious won't do it PP. :D

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#15 Post by Stoneboat » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:52 pm

There'll Be Bluebirds Over (The White Cliffs Of Dover)/Vera Lynn - TB

Remembrance Day/Mark Knopfler - TB

Long Way To Tipperary - TB
Artist open

44..And when the ship pulled into Circular Quai and I looked at the place where me legs used to be...
The Band Played waltzing Matilda - Hydro
Eric Bogle - TB

D-Day Dodgers - TB
Artist open

Which one TB? :D

A speed bump - 2mastack

The Great Train Robbery - Hydro

ZIP Codes - Cape

Open
Delicious won't do it PP. :D

A-Ha! - Fox
Bonus point, name it.
Open

Topo Gigio - 4mastack
I'll assume Topo Gigio 4mast. :D
Open

The Capulets - Cape
Have a point for Juliet, fin. That's what I had.

Julia Child - PP

Open

A book - Cape

In a pickle - Cape

Close PP

Open

Key lime pie - Cape

Hard Rain's A-gonna Fall/Bob Dylan - Wodrick

Tears In Heaven/Eric Clapton - PP

Open

One Of Us/Joan Osborne - PP

The Boll Weevil Song/Brook Benton - TB

French - Hydro

Open
The AWD is better known as a Basenji.

Prairie dogs - Hydro

Heffalump - 4mastack

Pig - Hydro
But if he ever runs into a sow with a left hand thread vagina, he's sol.

Tarantella - Hydro
Tarantula - Hydro

Open

Life Of Brian - Wodrick
George Harrison - Wodrick

Mallard - ian16

75..What Simon and Garfunkel song was the last number performed in public by Elvis before his death?
Bridge Over Troubled Waters - ian16

Belize - ian16

Louisiana/Quebec - ian16

Halifax NS - TB
Norway - Cape

Montgomery Scott - Hydro
Have a point for his rank, ian16

Balance - Hydro

Open

Open

Open

Open

Title open
Ray Stevens - PP

The Old man And The Sea - Hydro

Hamburg - Cape
Open

Open

Sleep - Hydro

Mistletoe - Hydro

Michael Caine - TB

Krampus - TB

Open

Jingle Bells - Wodrick

Open

Open

NORAD - Hydro
Open

Open

SCROOGE - Hydro

Newfoundland - TB
Parts of NS and Quebec also. One usually finishes the evening with both eyes in the same socket, crawling on all fours. :D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year/Esperanto - Cape

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#16 Post by Stoneboat » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Initial scores:

Hydromet 25
Tall Bird 18
Capetonian 13
Planepsycho 12
ian16 10
Wodrick 9
4mastacker 4
fin 2
Fox3 1

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:11 pm

I left out my answer to 81
"..Putting up reindeer, singing songs of joy and peace"
Joni Mitchell - River, from the album 'Blue'
Guess who's putting up his reindeer tomorrow?

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by Hydromet » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:15 pm

All due to the good fortune of logging in just after the quiz had been posted...at last. Great fun thank you, Stoneboat.

Tall Bird
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by Tall Bird » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:57 pm

8. ?Piano (I was told by one of the MRT that the frame was that of a portable bellows organ ... never trust a climber ;))) )
27. Leek
46. As Old Dogs has Miami in the lyrics, I'll go with that one. :D
96. Myra, Turkey (been there)
98. Blackbirds

Thanks for another great quiz Stoneboat. ^:)^ Merry Christmas to you and yours. :YMPARTY:

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by ian16th » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:03 pm

Stoneboat, many thanks.

We must find a way to level the field from the signing in time.
The time element is vital.
Cynicism improves with age