The supernatural

General Chit Chat
John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The supernatural

#41 Post by John Hill » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:00 am

Fliegenmong wrote:Well it wouldn't in ENZED would it John, funny post though :-bd

Actually, Kiwi friends drove to a small town in western NSW where it had been dry for 'as long as anyone could remember' so when they got there the rental car was covered in dust. Being good folks they carried buckets of water out of the motel and gave it a thorough wash. The locals went ballistic at the waste of water and let them know in no uncertain terms what they thought of them. All's well though as it rained overnight and they have been invited back again next year.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#42 Post by 500N » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:03 am

I had a bit of that reputation once where I used to go. After a few years the farmer said whenever I went up there
it seemed to rain or storm so I could come anytime !

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#43 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:05 am

My Ex but not late wife keeps e-mailing me. Does this count?
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Sisemen

#44 Post by Sisemen » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:52 am

About 8 years ago I had occasion to vist some business customers and had not seen them, done business with them or contacted them at all in that time. Early last week as I was driving they came, undemanded, into my thoughts. Never thought anything about it other than a mild curiosity as to what had happened to them. On the Thursday I bumped into them at a location where I wouldn't have expected to see them. Go figure.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#45 Post by Boac » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:05 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:My Ex but not late wife keeps e-mailing me. Does this count?
That must make her an Ex-Ex-Ascot!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by OFSO » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:54 pm

Go figure

I think, Siseman, this is due to someone in your area running a "coincidence engine". Where I live there must be one locally: it isn't on all the time, since there are weeks without a coincidence of any sort, and then I get a cluster spread over a few days. It might of course, be located in an orbiting satellite on a close-earth orbit. Or in a UFO, or perhaps in a parallel universe. The possibilities are infinite. But how else to explain the 'cluster effect' ?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#47 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:21 pm

I bumped into an acquaintance this evening.
A short while ago, his teenage daughter was killed when a tree fell directly across the front seats of the car that she was driving along a country road.
A foot either way and she might well have survived - how many seconds would that have been?
The father buys and sells cars, and his daughter was driving one that he had just bought.
Shortly after her death he decided to return to his 'hobby' and bought a car at auction.
When he went to collect it, it was parked in the exact same spot where the previous car had been.
As he opened the driver's door, his foot caught on something on the ground.
He bent down and picked up a solid gold heart charm.
His wife wears it on her bracelet.
The following day he went to Tesco.
When he returned to his car he stood on something.
He bent down and picked up a solid silver heart charm.
He carries it on his key ring.

The subject of the daughter's death came up this evening as it is very windy - just like the night when the tree fell onto her car, killing her immediately.
This man is not religious, but he just cannot quite work out what it all means.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#48 Post by OFSO » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:27 pm

A large part of what is 'going on' is hidden from us and for good reason.

The dishwasher in the London flat blew up (literally) but we had a spare in the garden from Aunt Molly's flat next door - she died some years ago. Aunt Molly's dishwasher had been parked under a canvas since her death and her flat went to someone else. So we carried it upstairs and used it for maybe two or three years. When in turn it started to expire (same model and same age) I took the filter out as I had done many times before to check it wasn't blocked. This time something different was in the filter...one of Aunt Molly's gold earrings.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#49 Post by Hydromet » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:29 pm

Some years ago I made a box for the old family bible. While putting it in the box I came across an old school photo of my uncle's high school class. There were a few in the class who went on to be quite notable in their professions. While looking at it and trying to identify any who might be recognisable I wondered idly where all these fresh-faced schoolboys were 70+ years later, and how many were still alive. About an hour later I received a call from my mother to tell me that her brother had died after a short illness, which we only found out about later.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#50 Post by OFSO » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:33 pm

We have had various hauntings and incidents in the Spanish house ranging from a sighting of the wife of the first owner, a ghost cat, no, two ghost cats. Books and walking sticks thrown about, more odd incidents than I can remember and witnessed by members of the family and friends. But nothing now for at least ten years. The house now feels dead and inactive. Whatever it was - and it was never malevolent or nasty - has packed up and gone. Don't laugh but it's a bit sad.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#51 Post by OFSO » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:39 pm

One evening I was sitting with my magnificent ginger cat Buster, highly intelligent, on the seat in front of the house, when we heard footsteps coming down the mountain road, quick, clicking steps. A woman maybe ? We both looked at the road but saw nobody. The steps stopped out of sight behind my garage. Both Buster and myself got up and walked to the gate to look up the road. Nobody there. I got the button to open the gate, we both walked out onto the road. Nada. Buster looked at me and I looked at Buster. Hit gate switch, sat back down again. No explanation.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#52 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:44 pm

OFSO wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:33 pm
We have had various hauntings and incidents in the Spanish house ranging from a sighting of the wife of the first owner, a ghost cat, no, two ghost cats. Books and walking sticks thrown about, more odd incidents than I can remember and witnessed by members of the family and friends. But nothing now for at least ten years. The house now feels dead and inactive. Whatever it was - and it was never malevolent or nasty - has packed up and gone. Don't laugh but it's a bit sad.
Perhaps it died?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#53 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:58 pm

Where do dead or bored ghosts go?
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#54 Post by boing » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:49 am

They find themselves a pleasant haunt.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.