Why are New Zealand white wines so good!

General Chit Chat
Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Why are New Zealand white wines so good!

#21 Post by Fliegenmong » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:17 am

Yes - there has been gang violence in New Zealand for years mong - I never said there wasn't and I don't blame Australians for deporting the bad ones both to here and to the UK, that I know of. It's probably lowered the Australian IQ considerably but that's just the price you will have to pay. Tackling your own home grown convict descended variety of criminals will be more difficult as you'll have to take some real constructive actions instead. Every country has its problems with the sort of thugs you so eloquently describe.

In general the Australians I have met over the years have been loud mouthed and suffering from inferiority complexes but I'm sure they were just the odd exceptions. Do you have those 'boong bars' fitted to your SUV for when you're out driving in the bush? That really made me laugh when an Aussie told me about them. :))

Your cricket team's obnoxious behaviour at the cricket world cup final in Melbourne also confirmed my opinion and the sledging and crowd abuse the team got in South Africa was so well deserved. I could supply you with some good quality sandpaper to pass on to your cricketers if you like...but that's now an old trick best forgotten isn't it? The crocodile tears they shed after being caught out fooled no one. :^o

What's in an accent? Very important to those of a juvenile okker disposition I guess. i-)

Ha ha ha...yeah, we're a vile nation as well FD, seen some stuff that just makes you want to die of humility, the behaviour of some Aussies overseas is nothing short of appalling, up amongst the levels of depravity that English tourists display closer to their home...yes disgusting & disgracefu no argument from me mate!...none at all....sorry to point out some other inconvenient truths though....a Juvenile Okker disposition?...I wish I was a juvenile again!...and am also sorry the joke was lost on you..
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go... Oscar Wilde

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by Fliegenmong » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:27 am

there has been gang violence in New Zealand for years mong - I never said there wasn't and I don't blame Australians for deporting the bad ones both to here and to the UK, that I know of. It's probably lowered the Australian IQ considerably but that's just the price you will have to pay

Just pondering that statement further....if I understand it, what you are saying is that the deportation of mindless violent criminal thugs actually lowers the collective Australian IQ? I would have thought that deporting violent criminals to demonstrate a level of intelligent protection of Australian citizens? Why would housing, feeding, supporting foreign nationals of a known criminal intent with links to violent crime be a good idea?

...Yeah there are heaps of them here....ex NZ Citizens heavily involved in violent gang related crime and involved in outlawed Bikie gangs, your Suavignon Blanc may be very good, your exportation of violent criminals is not welcome.

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by Fliegenmong » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:45 am

A shining example!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia ... hs-earlier

Smashed his girlfriends skull in with a fire hydrant cover, after she'd dropped his child off at day care.....and He's from NZ, countless examples of this

Ibnteresting you mention the increase in gang related crime since we started sending NZ nationals back home after being convicted of violent criminal offences in this country,...what do you want us to do? Aust taxpayers to foot the bill for ongoing incarceration of NZ criminals?

Rossian
Capt
Capt

#24 Post by Rossian » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:22 pm

How the hell did this thread, starting out as a discussion about white wine, descend into such a foul tempered, abusive arguement using pejorative terms like "mong"? I really do not understand it. We are, supposedly, an reasonably intelligent bunch (even ex-aircrew can provide a reasonable facsimile of intelligence when sober) so why can't we have a discussion in reasonable manners? I almost despair.
I also quite like NZ white wines (or is that drifting away from the thread drift).

The Ancient Mariner

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by Magnus » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:28 pm

MrsP is a big fan of Marlbourgh Sauvignon Blanc. Smells like cats' pee.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:59 pm

Rossian wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:22 pm
How the hell did this thread, starting out as a discussion about white wine, descend into such a foul tempered, abusive argument using pejorative terms like "mong"? I really do not understand it. We are, supposedly, an reasonably intelligent bunch (even ex-aircrew can provide a reasonable facsimile of intelligence when sober) so why can't we have a discussion in reasonable manners? I almost despair.
The Ancient Mariner
+1

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:23 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:59 pm
Rossian wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:22 pm
How the hell did this thread, starting out as a discussion about white wine, descend into such a foul tempered, abusive argument using pejorative terms like "mong"? I really do not understand it. We are, supposedly, an reasonably intelligent bunch (even ex-aircrew can provide a reasonable facsimile of intelligence when sober) so why can't we have a discussion in reasonable manners? I almost despair.
The Ancient Mariner
+1
Never despair gentlemen, when all around are losing their heads there is always a bottle of Dog Point Sauvignon Blanc to ameliorate the pain! ;)))

I must admit that I don't think that FD2, a most polite gentleman, intended to strike the wrong note with the mong note, after all Fliegs has self attributed that moniker to himself! As for bikies and the rest I cannot opine, not living in the antipodes, but Bikers Bay Sauvignon Blanc hasn't made it to the shops in my neck of the woods yet, thankfully.

Still let us all be ad idem lest sapientia vino obumbratur and avoid further possible vexation to any of the good souls here! :-bd
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#28 Post by FD2 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:14 pm

Why did this thread drift so far off track? It should not have I agree and my response was maybe over the top. 'Mong' by the way - the clue is in 'Fliegenmong' which I took to be flying mongrel - personally I'd never use the expression with it's other connection to Down's Syndrome. All countries have criminals who make life difficult for their own countrymen and it's a fact that amongst the people who have moved across the Tasman to find work, most behave and work hard, but there is a very bad criminal element who get up to some very nasty things and who, quite rightly, have been shipped back to the countries of their birth (mainly New Zealand) and are creating havoc there now. Witness two murders last week in Tauranga.

I don't blame the Aussies for doing that. If the crims were too thick to become Aussie citizens then too bad - I wish New Zealand would be as strict as that too. Now to top it all New Zealand is undergoing an invasion of the Mongol Mob sic (yes, they have no sensitivity about using the expression) from, you've guessed it, Australia, to add to the established Mongrel Mob, Black Power Mob, Hell's Angels etc. already having a good time here (the established gangs are the home grown variety).

The thugs issue won't stop me drinking Aussie reds, which I think are very fine, though I prefer the local whites and beers here - I think Aussie beer tastes like super-cooled piss - but I'd drink it if nothing else was available.

BTW I have no personal beef with Aussies - the sporting stuff was just a piss take ;))) - a continuation of a very long lasting piss take of many years - having known several as good friends for over 40 years. So I think it's time this got back on to booze again and away from criminals and the general category of a*sehole that every country around the world produces in abundance, like the penguin woman.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29 Post by FD2 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:21 pm

Oh - and by the way fliegenmong - 'lowering the Aussie IQ' was just my joke but a bit too subtle I guess. =))

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#30 Post by bob2s » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:00 am

Score so far from our NZ correspondent, Australia Sux New Zealand Five

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#31 Post by FD2 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:12 am

So unoriginal!! :o)

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#32 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:22 am

It is good to see such a healthy rivalry and the ribaldry between the Aussies and the New Zealanders! =))

I suppose it might be counted as being an agente provocateur if I was to, innocently of course, wonder which of these two countries produced the best white wines, but in my heart, I know the answer and that is that the country that produces the better white wines is New Zealand.

On the question of good red wines, prior to the fires I would have said that the Aussies had the edge but it remains to be seen what the drought and smoke damage have done to the Australian harvest. Talking of Cabinet Old Smokey...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#33 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:42 am

bob2s wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:00 am
Score so far from our NZ correspondent, Australia Sux New Zealand Five
And for those beer drinkers in the world, compare the British six pack to the New Zealand Australian sux pack and the South African sex pack...!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#34 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:55 am

Many NZ beers are comparable to British bitter beers, thankfully, not so the Australian ones, which follow the Lager palette and are like making love in a punt. ( Fxxxxxxx near water )

6 all ?

Capetonian

#35 Post by Capetonian » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:58 am

I refuse to drink NZ White wines for no other reason than there are way too many disrespectful arrogant violent NZers living here...pure and simple...I don't support their criminal lifestyle and their domestic violence.

I don't support them with car stickers that say 'QueeNZlander', and display a kangaroo with a 'Silverfern tail'...violent criminals who clearly refuse to assimilate....much like another bunch of certain people that cause the civilised world such grief...
Maybe, Fliegenmong, you just live in a **** part of Australia where such people congregate.

Anyway, back to wines, I am another who equates most white wines with vinegar or piss, but I've never found a good red wine from the land of the long white cloud, although I'm sure there are some.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#36 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:33 am

Capetonian wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:58 am

Maybe, Fliegenmong, you just live in a **** part of Australia where such people congregate.

Anyway, back to wines, I am another who equates most white wines with vinegar or piss, but I've never found a good red wine from the land of the long white cloud, although I'm sure there are some.
On the first point, "nah mate, all Aussies are wonderful. Why do you think so many of them Poms want to live in God's own land?"

On the white wine comment I am too distressed to comment. White wine, Lacryma Christi!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#37 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:51 am

Why do you think so many of them Poms want to live in God's own land?"
Poms. True story. Baggage handler at Melbourne loaded all the bags labelled "POM" - destined for Port Moresby - on the BOAC flight to London.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#38 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:05 am

ExSp33db1rd wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:51 am
Why do you think so many of them Poms want to live in God's own land?"
Poms. True story. Baggage handler at Melbourne loaded all the bags labelled "POM" - destined for Port Moresby - on the BOAC flight to London.
Slight thread drift. ExSp33db1rd's amusing post made wonder me where the term Pom came from in the first place? I have noticed it is used by Aussies, New Zealanders and South Africans to describe the English. At least one thing, alongside some fine wines, that these nations share in common.

It seems that the answer to the question above is far from clear!

https://english.stackexchange.com/quest ... e-term-pom
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#39 Post by Fliegenmong » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:26 am

How the hell did this thread, starting out as a discussion about white wine, descend into such a foul tempered, abusive arguement using pejorative terms like "mong"? I really do not understand it. We are, supposedly, an reasonably intelligent bunch (even ex-aircrew can provide a reasonable facsimile of intelligence when sober) so why can't we have a discussion in reasonable manners? I almost despair.
I also quite like NZ white wines (or is that drifting away from the thread drift).

Y, fair enough...

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#40 Post by Fliegenmong » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:52 am

Possibly Cape, I'd considered that, but people keep moving here...clearly they think its better than where they came from...LOTS of ex South Africans here, they love to live in their little gated 'communities', I think now why. Kvence is all over the country unfortunately