Covid - 19: How is it affecting you?

General Chit Chat
Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Covid - 19: How is it affecting you?

#701 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:41 am

B-) Obviously the Daily Wail has an inside source with confirmation that contrary to the Downing Street news release which said he was just on tests that he is on oxygen.

They are probably right but is it just an informed guess?

Fit, fat, fifty five what could possibly go wrong?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#702 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:45 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:58 am
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:33 am
Just noted the photograph of Ex-Ascot's Amorgos barber. He looks like a character out of a Hemingway novel. Great shot.
GG he is an absolute reprobate. Even at that age he can't keep his hands off the women. Two wives have left him. Last year he applied to a dating agency. Bets were on how long she would last. I went for a week. She was on the next ship out the following morning. He jumped on her the moment she stepped through the door.

He also has a carpentry shop, a very small store, is a musician (lots of dosh at weddings) and keeps goats. One of his daughters has an MA from Salford Uni and is a simultaneous interpreter between Greek, English and Italian, maybe frog as well not sure.

A randy old goat then and a real character by your account! :-bd =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#703 Post by Fliegenmong » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:03 pm

You see you are enjoying life... :-bd

Making as much of it as possible while I still can GG, still operating within guidelines as much as anyone can understand them!, I they close all the beaches?..And what of the young grommits padddling about today?, were they shedding virus to us in the water because they were not at school?

Some lovley isolated model A/C aircraft flying will shortly be in order...but how the local cu^tstabulary intpret the laws is something else regrettably..
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go... Oscar Wilde

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#704 Post by Magnus » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:13 pm

I see that Scotland's Chief Medical Officer has fallen on her sword after, despite telling us all to stay home, twice having driven to her holiday home in Fife. What credibility?

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#705 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:39 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:45 am
Ex-Ascot wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:58 am
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:33 am
Just noted the photograph of Ex-Ascot's Amorgos barber. He looks like a character out of a Hemingway novel. Great shot.
GG he is an absolute reprobate. Even at that age he can't keep his hands off the women. Two wives have left him. Last year he applied to a dating agency. Bets were on how long she would last. I went for a week. She was on the next ship out the following morning. He jumped on her the moment she stepped through the door.

He also has a carpentry shop, a very small store, is a musician (lots of dosh at weddings) and keeps goats. One of his daughters has an MA from Salford Uni and is a simultaneous interpreter between Greek, English and Italian, maybe frog as well not sure.

A randy old goat then and a real character by your account! :-bd =))
He is a crafty old bugger. Haircut used to be 8 euros. I gave him a 2 tip. Next time it was 10 and he expected to get a 2 tip well he didn't and I have never done since. There is very little theft on the island you keep your doors unlocked. He is kleptomaniac. If anything goes missing you just go to him and say give it back. A friend 'lost' his donkey saddle. He went to this guy's stable and apart from his own there were dozens of 'borrowed' saddles hanging in there. He quite often buys us a beer though.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#706 Post by barkingmad » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:15 pm

Boac wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:04 am
and keeps goats
- bet they look over their shoulders a lot. =))
The better to maintain eye contact during congress and increase the enjoyment and sense of bonding? :))

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#707 Post by Boac » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:23 pm

You speak from 'experience'?? I shall look at you in a new light (and from a safe distance)

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#708 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:20 pm

Ex-A it seems you choose wise because ferry services to the islands have been cut and you need to have authorization to use them based on legal residence.

A young guy returned to Greece from London and went by ship to Ikaria got the beer virus, was airlifted back to the mainland on a C-27J and a special capsule and he is sued for the cost of the airlift.

Did you get your money back from Olympic Air?

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#709 Post by probes » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:10 pm

Actually, I believe Ex-A has quite an experience removing body hair not only from the scalp, with the help of a dysfunctional (gas) fridge? :-?

As for Johnson, the Russian media has put him on the ventilator already. What the reality might be - who knows. The "I'm in in good spirits" sounds very much like avoiding a phrase about health?

prospector
Capt
Capt

#710 Post by prospector » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:56 am

Must be a requirement for health ministers, these trips to the beach, wonder if it was done in consultation with his Scottish colleague
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national ... spartandhp

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#711 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:31 am

probes wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:10 pm
Actually, I believe Ex-A has quite an experience removing body hair not only from the scalp, with the help of a dysfunctional (gas) fridge? :-?

As for Johnson, the Russian media has put him on the ventilator already. What the reality might be - who knows. The "I'm in in good spirits" sounds very much like avoiding a phrase about health?
The Russians are right He wouldn't be in ICU unless they thought he needed ventilator assistance. He is clearly very ill.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#712 Post by probes » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:19 am

yeah, isn't it weird - the typical process for the virus is well known, but still one believes it will somehow not affect them.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#713 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:03 am

Rwy in Sight wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:20 pm
Ex-A it seems you choose wise because ferry services to the islands have been cut and you need to have authorization to use them based on legal residence.

Did you get your money back from Olympic Air?
RiS we saw it coming 6 weeks ago. Yes we are no longer residents in Greece but here. Blue Star refunded instantly, Olympic a percentage in a few weeks. Bastard agents in Cape town will not refund for SAA unless we pay their administration fee first. Cape says they will already have our money. Swiss which is by far the largest cost say 6 to 8 weeks. With this beer virus I do not know what will happen but we did cancel everything before airlines started cancelling services. Anyway is a very. very small percentage of what we have lost on the markets.

Russians must have had a crystal ball.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#714 Post by Fliegenmong » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:42 am

Its also given me a bad case of nipple rash....spending hours a day in the water in a rash / sunburn top...an old ill fitting one...they hurt!
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go... Oscar Wilde

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#715 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:08 pm

Shouldn't take your bra off if it's not used to the Sun 😁

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#716 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:38 pm

Sounds like a a bad case of nipple Australis... take two paracetamol and wear your kaftan and keep out of the sun and play Demis Roussos music while helping your wife indoors while also perfecting your Corona lock down beard...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#717 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:43 pm

Are two paracetamol sufficient under a kaftan?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#718 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:46 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:43 pm
Are two paracetamol sufficient under a kaftan?
=))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#719 Post by CharlieOneSix » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:32 pm

At last, after two weeks of trying we managed today to be recognised as elderly vulnerable customers by Sainsburys and we can now bid for delivery slots online. Too late! ASDA delivered the first of weekly deliveries today and we got almost everything we wanted in a really big order.....importantly including Fursty Ferret and Doom Bar beers which I was almost out of. As we are in the 'shielding' category online deliveries are vital.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#720 Post by om15 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:48 pm

importantly including Fursty Ferret
I walked past the H&W Brewery this morning, rich smell on current brews drifting across the park, you can relax knowing the next batch is on its way. I did a brewery visit a few years ago, very high tech and computerised, but, it is a bloke with a sack that climbs up the ladder and tips the hops and fuggles into the vat during the process.

My favorite is Tanglefoot.