Staggering Out Over The Abyss

General Chit Chat
Capetonian

Re: Staggering Out Over The Abyss

#461 Post by Capetonian » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:20 am

Could we please borrow some of the people who are murdering politicians? There are a lot in the UK and EU who need to be dispatched.

We could start with
Jeremy Corbyn
Dianne Abbott
John McDonald
Jean Claude Drunker
Tony Bliar
Oedipus Macron
....... to name just a few.

Closer to home :
Emmerson Mnanangwa
Juliarse Malema ...........

fin
Capt
Capt

#462 Post by fin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:37 am

Kinda feel like that if I supplemented that list with some very worthy additions from the cousins, black helicopters would soon be on my horizon. How sad is that!!!
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

Capetonian

#463 Post by Capetonian » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:42 am

The police are part of the problem, as too is the government itself.
Two police officers appeared in the Cape Town Magistrate's Court on Wednesday for allegedly robbing a Strand Street cellphone shop while pretending to execute a search warrant, a spokesperson said.

The Anti-Corruption Unit arrested the officers on Tuesday in connection with the January 26 robbery.

Police spokesperson Captain FC Van Wyk said six police officers allegedly forced the shop's security gates open and entered, claiming they had a warrant to search the premises for drugs and firearms.

Nearby shop owners gathered after the shop owner alerted them.

One of the officers allegedly had a bag of cash in his possession but dropped it when he was confronted by the shop owner.

One officer hid in the shop, but the others forced their way past bystanders and fled in a Toyota Hilux LDV and a marked police vehicle.

Read: 2 cops arrested for allegedly soliciting a bribe from truck driver

Officers from Cape Town central police arrived on the scene and questioned the police officer who hid in the shop.

The provincial Anti-Corruption Unit confirmed the incident and reported that a cellphone and R1 620 in cash were taken. The cash was recovered.

Warrants of arrest were issued for three identified officers.

A 32-year-old and 41-year-old were arrested, and a third officer is still at large.

In an unrelated incident, the unit arrested two officers on Wednesday for allegedly telling a woman she must pay them before her son, who had been arrested for murder, could be released.

Her grandson had also been threatened. She allegedly paid the officers R1 000.

The officers, aged 35 and 45, appeared in the Athlone Magistrate's Court.

They were granted bail of R800 each and are expected to return to court on March 25.

Provincial police commissioner Lieutenant General Khombinkosi Jula said he was disappointed.

"No SAPS (SA Police Service) member is above the law, and we will not allow any of our members to perpetrate a crime and get away with it. We are confident that these arrests will send a stern warning," he said.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#464 Post by Cacophonix » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:34 pm

The following news put the sap on my head last week and I even had a little rant but it seems that the real military McCoy, both black and white, will have no truck with the ideological ***** merchants in SA.

Boils my piss man....JPG
More bullshit.JPG

So it was very good to see this...
news.png

This is the basis of the SS Mendi story folks...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Mendi

Caco

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#465 Post by Cacophonix » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:56 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:20 am
Could we please borrow some of the people who are murdering politicians? There are a lot in the UK and EU who need to be dispatched.

We could start with
Jeremy Corbyn
Dianne Abbott
John McDonald
Jean Claude Drunker
Tony Bliar
Oedipus Macron
....... to name just a few.

Closer to home :
Emmerson Mnanangwa
Juliarse Malema ...........
Personally

I would add

Boris Johnson
**** Fox
Thick as ***** Davis
Tridetine Mass Cnut Rees Mogg

--- actually about 90% of the Tory party and perhaps one or two of the real idiots who post here too...

Caco

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#466 Post by Cacophonix » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:35 am

Some good news from South Africa...
A tiny beach restaurant in an isolated South African fishing village was named the best in the world on Monday.

Chef Kobus van der Merwe, who did not begin to cook seriously until he was 30, forages every day for ingredients on the wild Atlantic shore of the Western Cape near his Wolfgat restaurant, where he also makes his own bread and butter.

The Wolfgat - whose six mostly female staff have no formal training - opened just two years ago in a 130-year-old cottage and cave on the beach at Paternoster.

Its seven-course tasting menu costs the equivalent of 53 euros (about R850), a fraction of what you would pay at a top Paris table.

But its humble setting, and Van der Merwe's belief in sustainable, back-to-basics cooking won over the judges of the inaugural World Restaurant Awards in the French capital.

The 38-year-old, who can feed only 20 people at a sitting, told AFP, "I don't feel worthy. It's a big title. My staff who go out every day gathering herbs, succulents and dune spinach, should be here... It's their baby.

"I can't wait to celebrate with them with a big glass of South African sparkling wine."

With dishes such as twice-cooked laver (seaweed), angelfish with bokkom sambal and wild garlic masala, limpets, mussels and sea vegetables harvested within sight of its "stoep" (porch), Wolfgat also won the prize for best "Off-Map Destination".

The bearded Van der Merwe - a former journalist - said that apart from the influence of the subtle spices of local Cape Malay cooking, his philosophy was to "interfere as little as possible with the products, and to keep them pure, raw and untreated.

"It's hyper local cuisine but we try to come up with new flavours, like dune celery spice."

With "no kitchen hierarchy", he said, "we all do everything.

"If you pick something you prepare it yourself and maybe then take it to the table and explain it to the customers."

The chef, who said he would not be hiking up prices, said his win was a victory for the African "continent and my beautiful, diverse country".

No-nonsense restaurants known for their affordable food featured prominently in the awards, set up by one of the 50 Best Restaurants list's own founders, Joe Warwick, to challenge its primacy.
https://www.iol.co.za/lifestyle/food-dr ... d-19377487

Caco

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#467 Post by Woody » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:01 pm

Taking JuniorWoody over on The Robben Island tour tomorrow.
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Capetonian

#468 Post by Capetonian » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:16 pm

You'll find that interesting, and humbling. It's a sombre place.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#469 Post by Woody » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:16 pm
You'll find that interesting, and humbling. It's a sombre place.
I’ve been before, but he wants to go as he’s doing a project at school.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#470 Post by Woody » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:12 pm

Heard this story during our tour today, do any of ops-normals rotary experts have info :ymdevil:
It isn’t the first time the South African government was thrown away tens of thousands to honor a first lady. Years ago, Hillary Clinton announced a visit to Robben Island – the prison home of Nelson Mandela.

Officials determined that Hillary should not have to ride on one of the old ram shackled prison buses that were used for tourists. So they attempted to use an industrial strength helicopter to deliver a fancy bus to Robben Island to make Hillary’s tour a little more comfortable.

But the chopper couldn’t handle the heavy load and “Hillary’s Bus” plummeted into the Atlantic Ocean – a memorial to government foolishness and self-important politicians everywhere.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#471 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:26 pm

Woody wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:12 pm
Heard this story during our tour today, do any of ops-normals rotary experts have info :ymdevil:
See
It isn’t the first time the South African government was thrown away tens of thousands to honor a first lady. Years ago, Hillary Clinton announced a visit to Robben Island – the prison home of Nelson Mandela.

Officials determined that Hillary should not have to ride on one of the old ram shackled prison buses that were used for tourists. So they attempted to use an industrial strength helicopter to deliver a fancy bus to Robben Island to make Hillary’s tour a little more comfortable.

But the chopper couldn’t handle the heavy load and “Hillary’s Bus” plummeted into the Atlantic Ocean – a memorial to government foolishness and self-important politicians everywhere.
Woody I heard her bus made the island but it broke down on the island so she had to use the more decrepit local busses Ibut that might be a myth. I have also heard the cable story which to my knowledge is also an urban myth although that tale was reported in The Washington Post.

Flight of the Air Bus

Question: What do you call it when an empty press bus plummets into the sea?
Answer: A missed opportunity.

Not that anyone on Hillary Rodham Clinton's staff actually said that, reports The Post's Peter Baker. But from the devilish looks in their eyes yesterday, it was clear the thought had crossed a few minds.

That's because a South African helicopter airlifting a bus to Robben Island, where it was supposed to carry the first lady's traveling press corps, accidentally dropped the 50-passenger vehicle into the ocean off Cape Town yesterday. Journalists traveling with Clinton on her two-week trip through Africa had taken a ferry to the island, where they were met by a flatbed truck as an alternative to the waterlogged bus.

"Be glad you weren't on it," Clinton cheerfully told reporters.
I am going to contact Snopes to ask them to investigate.

Caco

Capetonian

#472 Post by Capetonian » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:26 pm

If the fiscus continues on its current trajectory, SA will run out of money by 2042, members of Parliament have heard.

SA will run out of money by 2042 – economist

https://www.fin24.com/Budget/sa-will-ru ... 20190227-2?

What happens when a country runs out of money?
Zimbabwe?
Venezuela!

Capetonian

#473 Post by Capetonian » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:58 pm

According to a Sunday Times report, former President Jacob Zuma may have been involved in moving millions of US dollars from Libya to South Africa.

Given the seriousness of the allegations, and the involvement of dollars, US authorities could end up being "very aggressive" in pursuing the allegations, a leading legal expert says.

If the report is true, Zuma could potentially also end up with a life sentence in South Africa under the South African Prevention and Combating of Corrupt Activities Act.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#474 Post by Woody » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:01 am

Capetonian

#475 Post by Capetonian » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:10 pm

It is sad that stuff like this is doing the rounds. I'm guessing it's directed primarily at people from other African countries who are resident in ZA, it's designed to trigger more xenophobic attacks.
WARNING
WARNING
TO ALL FOREIGNERS IN SOUTH AFRICA
We are giving you a month to pack all you bags and leave South Africa, whether you have working permits or not. Just wait for us to vote on the 8th of May, then on Monday the 13th of May we will close the roads, stopping all the taxis every foreign nationals will be dealt with accordingly.

What happened in KZN are just highlights of what we are going to do on the 13th of May . We are kind enough to give you more than a month time to pack yours and go to your own countries peacefully.

We will stop all cars taxis, buses, trains, we are going to enter work places, contract sites, security sites, seaching every one , Anyone found without South African ID will be dealt with mercylessly.

It’s been long we sent our request to the government , but it seems our request is being ignored , now we will deal with it our own way.

SO PLEASE BE WARNED AND DO AS I SAY AND SAVE YOUURSELF AND YOUR FAMILIES

DO NOT SAY WE DIDN’T WARN YOU. PACK YOURS AND GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRIES. WE DONT WANT ANY KWEREKWERES ANYMORE, WE ARE TIRED , ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
BE WARNED!
ZA is not getting better. Nor will it. I had lunch last week with a friend in Stellenbosch. She’s British but grew up in ZA. She’s said she’s giving it 3 years and if things don’t get better she’s leaving for UK. I said she might as well buy her ticket now. Sad but it’s reality.

That said, the type of ‘warning’ above is just the ravings of diseased mind. That doesn’t worry me as much as the gradual decline of the infrastructure and the increase in crime.

It's a tragedy that this is what the ANC and its brand of 'democracy' has done to the country.

We have just spent nearly 3 weeks in Zambia and Botswana. Both seem safe and stable. We walked around Livingstone one afternoon. We were the only white people on the street, and didn't feel in the least bit uncomfortable, let alone unsafe. People said hello, children wanted to shake our hands, and we felt almost protected. One afternoon last week we had to walk a few hundred metres up Main Road in Claremont and I was constantly looking over my shoulder and really felt uncomfortable.

Up to a point, it's about perception, but the reality is that CPT has an extremely high crime rate (worse than JNB) whereas Zambia and Botswana have very low rates of violent crime.

Capetonian

#476 Post by Capetonian » Wed May 08, 2019 2:15 pm

As ZA votes today, I had this note from a friend in Cape Town.
What a saga - got to voting station at a school up the road. No papers - came home - waited a bit and went back with my book - Papers had arrived - Went to front of q and papers ran out again !!!! Delivery guy was in an accident and police took possession of papers and then more had to be collected from Athlone! So all the school's / voting stations in town ran out !!!!😡😡😡😡😢😢😢
I'm guessing that this pattern will be repeated across areas where the majority of voters are likely to vote DA, no such impedances to voting for ANC in other areas though.

So much for free and fair elections.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#477 Post by ian16th » Wed May 08, 2019 3:34 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:15 pm
As ZA votes today, I had this note from a friend in Cape Town.
What a saga - got to voting station at a school up the road. No papers - came home - waited a bit and went back with my book - Papers had arrived - Went to front of q and papers ran out again !!!! Delivery guy was in an accident and police took possession of papers and then more had to be collected from Athlone! So all the school's / voting stations in town ran out !!!!😡😡😡😡😢😢😢
I'm guessing that this pattern will be repeated across areas where the majority of voters are likely to vote DA, no such impedances to voting for ANC in other areas though.

So much for free and fair elections.
Also a school in Pretoria ran out.

No problems here in Banana Land, in and out in 15 minutes.
Cynicism improves with age

Capetonian

#478 Post by Capetonian » Thu May 09, 2019 8:31 am

RULING PARTY WINS AFRICAN ELECTION AGAIN

Big surprise.

Capetonian

#479 Post by Capetonian » Sat May 11, 2019 10:41 pm

IMG-20190430-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20190430-WA0019.jpg (41.41 KiB) Viewed 525 times

Capetonian

#480 Post by Capetonian » Sat May 25, 2019 10:30 am

As South Africa today inaugurates its new President, we see the previous incumbent has the begging bowl and the violins out :

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News ... s-20190524
Embattled former president Jacob Zuma has told supporters that he has had to sell his hats and socks to pay his legal fees, according to reports.
I do feel terribly sorry for him, I really do. They're all ganging up on him, and such a nice, honest, decent, and incorruptible gentleman.