The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread V

General Chit Chat
CremeEgg
Snr FO
Snr FO

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread V

#5681 Post by CremeEgg » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:47 pm

I post today as a daily reader but infrequent poster - largely because I remain amazed at how much time posters have to post.

It now appears that we have a Spanish resident that uses one four-letter word thought by some to be mildly offensive; and we have one Scottish resident who uses another four-letter word thought to be mildly offensive. The Scottish one gets banned. Why? Is it because the offence was aimed at the First Minister or at Admin?

A list of banned words would be handy. Although it saddens me to say that the current spat between "a mod" or "the mods" (I don't have the will to search back and find out) and some posters does this excellent site no favours at all.

admin2
Capt
Capt

#5682 Post by admin2 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:07 pm

It's only a couple of posters, creme - don't fret about it. There is a certain impracticality in publishing a list of 'banned' words, if you think about it. :)) Do you really need one?

Back in 2015 Alison said this
In the formative months of Ops-Norm, Sept 2015, I wrote:

My vision of ppruned is one of the private bar at The Goat in Shepperton forty years ago. Minimal glass, no flashing lights or raucous music, and definitely no chrome and concrete. With leather upholstery, wood panelled walls, and conversation in keeping with the tenor of the place with ladies present. A place that patrons want to return to, and miss when they're away.

Alison
I think those are excellent thoughts.

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#5683 Post by bob2s » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:28 pm

Awoken this morning to the sound of rain that has falllen continously since lunch time yesterday,river level rose 7m overnight so today will be one of flood
watch,the third time in the last six weeks.The bridge out has about 1.5m to go before it will be shut which will happen sometime today due to the
dam spilling, it is back to being over 100% full. Only saving grace is that the guessers are saying that the low pressure system should start to slowly head
over towards EnSed today.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5684 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:50 pm

Just received - says it all. ( 'specially about plastic bags !! )

A few more observations about “maturing” 😐

As I’ve grown older, I’ve learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. 

I’m responsible for what I say, not what you understand. 

Common sense is like deodorant.  The people who need it the most never use it. 

My tolerance for idiots is extremely low these days. I used to have some immunity built up, but obviously there's a new strain out there. 

It’s not my age that bothers me; it’s the side effects. 

I’m not saying I’m old and worn out, but I make sure I’m nowhere near the curb on trash day.

As I watch this generation try and rewrite our history, I'm sure of one thing:  It will be misspelled and have no punctuation.

Me, sobbing: "I can't see you anymore. . . .   I'm not going to let you hurt me again."
My Trainer: "It was one sit-up.”

As I’ve gotten older, people think I’ve become lazy.  The truth is I’m just being more energy efficient.

I haven't gotten anything done today. I've been in the Produce Department trying to open this stupid plastic bag.

If you find yourself feeling useless, remember it took 20 years, trillions of dollars, and four presidents to replace the Taliban with the Taliban.

Turns out that being a "senior" is mostly just googling how to do stuff.

I want to be 18 again and ruin my life differently.  I have new ideas.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world.  Then he made the earth round. . . and laughed and laughed and laughed.

I'm on two diets. I wasn't getting enough food on one.

I put my scale in the bathroom corner and that's where the little liar will stay until it apologizes.

My mind is like an internet browser. At least 19 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen, and I have no clue where the music is coming from.

Hard to believe I once had a phone attached to a wall, and when it rang, I picked it up without knowing who was calling.

Apparently RSVPing to a wedding invitation "Maybe next time" isn't the correct response.

She says I keep pushing her buttons.  If that were true, I would have found mute by now.

So you’ve been eating hot dogs and McChickens all your life, but you won’t take the vaccine because you don’t know what’s in it.  Are you kidding me?

Sometimes the Universe puts you in the same situation again to see if you’re still a dumbass.

There is no such thing as a grouchy old person.  The truth is that once you get old, you stop being polite and start being honest

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5685 Post by Karearea » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:06 am

^
My mind is like an internet browser. At least 19 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen, and I have no clue where the music is coming from.
:D

Just had a pleasant stroll across the greensward in the local park, to a little stream shirring its way over pebbles and rocks; patches of bright green duckweed caught in the back-eddies, magpie warbling in the willows; scent of wholesome damp mud; a couple of moms with children in strollers; a couple of dogs having romps; warm sunshine after a min. of +0.4 early this morning, now 18°C.
Around the world thoughts shall fly In the twinkling of an eye

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5686 Post by Woody » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:18 am

Morning everyone from OR Tambo airport, just waiting for our connecting flight to CPT, waved at the EX-A’s as we flew over on BA55, Club Class naturally :D
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5687 Post by Wodrick » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:08 am

Good Moaning All,
I rise to another cracking day 0900 and 17c already, clear skies.

Taking SM to the local Horsepitil this morning. Completely unrelated to other problems, dermatology.
Only been waiting 9 months.

One of the papers reporting that the Social Services can no longer offer appointments and the system is close to collapse.

Hey Ho another day in sunny Spain and Easter coming.

Just been advised by the excellent BBC that today is Ladies Day at Aintree. THE day for fashion guidance from the good ladies of Liverpool.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5688 Post by Ibbie » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:11 am

Morning all.

Lovely sunny day here and already 15c going up to 22c this afternoon some think.

I have an appointment at 13.30 at CdS hospital, The urology department have finally decided to review my prostate situation, which should have been done last September after my last PSA test.

TGIF

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5689 Post by om15 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:48 am

CremeEgg, all things change, the departure of Plum brings the number of regular contributors who have recently stopped posting to five, this exceeds the target figure by one. Some will delight in the changes, some won't, but at least there will be no naughty words.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5690 Post by Wodrick » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:08 am

5. ?

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5691 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:01 am

Morning folks. Sorry didn't know you were on that flight Woody we would have looked out for you. Wodders I am sure you are being sarcastic about fashion and the ladies at Aintree. Have you seen the photos of the fat drunken tarts.

Backwashed, rinsed the pool and topped it up.

Clear blue sky, mammoth watering.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5692 Post by Wodrick » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:05 am

Do you think?

Sat outside Horsepitel they have decided to remodel the foyer. Chaos rules.

It is SM's preference to do these things on her own I just drive, sit and wait.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5693 Post by Wodrick » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:45 am

Horror of horrors she is out of horsepitil with a scrip for carcinogenic cream to burn the spots away.
This is usually good for an overreaction.
Now in the shopping mall. I wait.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5694 Post by tango15 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:48 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:01 am
Morning folks. Sorry didn't know you were on that flight Woody we would have looked out for you. Wodders I am sure you are being sarcastic about fashion and the ladies at Aintree. Have you seen the photos of the fat drunken tarts.

Backwashed, rinsed the pool and topped it up.

Clear blue sky, mammoth watering.
As ever, there are two sides to everything. Some years ago, I worked as a steward at Aintree Ladies' Day. The ladies duly arrived and were trying to be as demure as possible, but the paparazzi were having none of it. "Come on girls, fall over, show us some leg, we need some good photos!" they were shouting. A few of them duly obliged; yes the fat tarty ones as you say Ex-A. The ladies from Cheshire however, who arrived in the limos and posh minibuses, completely ignored them. I think the paparazzi were very disappointed that day!

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5695 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:15 am

T15 it never happened at Royal Ascot. Went to the grand national once. It was dreadful. All flat caps not top hats. Snob, moi?

Don't want to help UP with his sheep. Do we think that the word 'bum' is allowed?
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5696 Post by Rwy in Sight » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:32 am

Isn't bum in the seats acceptable as a term in the industry?

DBx
Capt
Capt

#5697 Post by DBx » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:52 am

wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:15 pm
Collins says: If someone calls another person a twat, they are insulting them and showing that they do not like or respect them..
1.jpg
1.jpg (46.59 KiB) Viewed 426 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (46.27 KiB) Viewed 426 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (46.26 KiB) Viewed 426 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (41.66 KiB) Viewed 426 times

From the D Telegraph a couple of days ago.

(no insult intended to anyone!)

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#5698 Post by Smeagol » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:53 am

OFSO wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:36 pm
I'd love a W123 again: 200D or 220D. I see a white one driving around here now and then. I've considered hijacking it....
I had a W124 which was an excellent vehicle but followed that with a W202, OK but underpowered for my taste. Then got a W208 with Mrs S having a W210, both fine (I particularly liked the CLK) but suffered from the tin worm so had to go.

Had some nice BMWs as well, wish I still had the 635csi, they are worth a fortune now!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/cars/bmw/6-series/635csi
We hates Bagginses!

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5699 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:23 pm

Rwy in Sight wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:32 am
Isn't bum in the seats acceptable as a term in the industry?
Yes correct. But in English you can say 'oh bum' which is a very mild alternative to the F word.

Just been stung by a hornet. I didn't say 'oh bum'. It jolly well hurts and is swollen. Mrs Ex-Ascot disturbed a hornet's nest some years ago. Multiple stings. Very nasty reaction. Had to be rushed into town.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5700 Post by Wodrick » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:34 pm

tango15 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:48 am

As ever, there are two sides to everything. Some years ago, I worked as a steward at Aintree Ladies' Day. The ladies duly arrived and were trying to be as demure as possible, but the paparazzi were having none of it. "Come on girls, fall over, show us some leg, we need some good photos!" they were shouting. A few of them duly obliged; yes the fat tarty ones as you say Ex-A. The ladies from Cheshire however, who arrived in the limos and posh minibuses, completely ignored them. I think the paparazzi were very disappointed that day!
You were saying
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-08 at 5.29.38 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-08 at 5.29.38 PM.jpeg (41.88 KiB) Viewed 377 times