The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread V

General Chit Chat
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread V

#10341 Post by OFSO » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:36 am

Not a cloud in the sky up here, blue as far as the eye can see, Mt Canigou and the long ridge to the South all snowed in.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10342 Post by Wodrick » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:52 am

Good Morning all,
Is Friday
OFSO wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:36 am
Not a cloud in the sky up here, blue as far as the eye can see.
Rather the reciprocal here, I am in cloud, viz <50m, not raining at present but more coming.
60.1mm recorded overnight,currently 13c
The track is a river of mud, I am not aware of any passing traffic this morning.

Got soaked following H last night

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10343 Post by OFSO » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:19 am

Clouds now stacked up over the Pyrenees trying to force they way down from France. Waiting for the Tramontana 7 forecast for early Saturday to push them our way.

Gave up on the cardboard Christmas Cards years ago. Now use Jaquie Lawson, paid subscription. And this year Royal Mail is on strike
And Spanish Post Office might as well be.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10344 Post by 4mastacker » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:23 am

Thought our wheely bin was on fire this morning; t'was only the sun evaporating the frost which had settled overnight.

Been presented with a large shopping list covering many places, so one had better sup up me tea and get on with the jobs in hand.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10345 Post by Ibbie » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:41 am

Drenched!

Change of clothes necessary.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#10346 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:47 am

Morning folks. Hot again and cloud building up. So far this morning he has broken his shears and tried to wreck the solar system by leaving on the borehole pump when no sun.

A huge chameleon has just walked under my chair on the veranda. It seemed absolutely oblivious to me. 51 (plus babies) bats but no hippos around this morning.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10347 Post by 1DC » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:50 am

Wall to wall blue on the Humber but only 0C. Mrs 1DC out early for a blood test but in and out without delay. It is my intention to sit on my bum all day in the warm but I may be instructed to do other things. I will only go out if coffee and a bacon sandwich are involved.so there!

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10348 Post by Hydromet » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:11 am

Pleasant walk in the bush today, but it was like Pitt St., with lots of kids doing their D of E award. It's a pity that a couple of them had to have music blaring, they're missing the sounds & silence of the bush.
Plenty of damsel flies out, but nothing bigger to photograph. Get home, and my next door neighbour has taken a fantastic head-on shot of a diamond python. Bastard!

DBx
Capt
Capt

#10349 Post by DBx » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:16 pm

Hydromet wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:11 am
Pleasant walk in the bush today, but it was like Pitt St., with lots of kids doing their D of E award. It's a pity that a couple of them had to have music blaring, they're missing the sounds & silence of the bush.
Plenty of damsel flies out, but nothing bigger to photograph. Get home, and my next door neighbour has taken a fantastic head-on shot of a diamond python. Bastard!
It always mildly amuses me when posters refer to something mildly interesting happening locally but give no indication of their location in their profile!

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10350 Post by CharlieOneSix » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:56 pm

OFSO wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:19 am
......Gave up on the cardboard Christmas Cards years ago. Now use Jaquie Lawson, paid subscription......
We've used Jacquie Lawson cards for overseas friends for some years but found that quite a few of them ended up in recipients' spam folders and were never seen by them - as indicated in our account on the JL website. This year we are downloading the card link and sending that in our own email (see JL FAQs) rather than from JL's servers, avoiding things like 'Greetings', 'Happy' or 'Christmas' in the header which seem to precipitate a spam decision by some recipients' email programs.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10351 Post by TheGreenAnger » Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:08 pm

CharlieOneSix wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:56 pm
OFSO wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:19 am
......Gave up on the cardboard Christmas Cards years ago. Now use Jaquie Lawson, paid subscription......
We've used Jacquie Lawson cards for overseas friends for some years but found that quite a few of them ended up in recipients' spam folders and were never seen by them - as indicated in our account on the JL website. This year we are downloading the card link and sending that in our own email (see JL FAQs) rather than from JL's servers, avoiding things like 'Greetings', 'Happy' or 'Christmas' in the header which seem to precipitate a spam decision by some recipients' email programs.
I use Jacquie Lawson. I like her Labrador Chudleigh! :)

Chudleigh.JPG
Chudleigh.JPG (10.88 KiB) Viewed 293 times
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10352 Post by Wodrick » Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:40 pm

Ditto JL(subscription) for "important" cards after we spent a fair bit on a handmade card for SIL/Little Bro for it never to arrive.
We now don't send to those that don't send to us, with deaths cancelled too I think we are down to 11.
When in William's Low I think we peaked at 57.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10353 Post by Wodrick » Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:49 pm

Had a lightning event with virtually simultaneous thunder which spiked the alarm, we didn't hear the klaxon for the rain lashing on the Square Window.
As I was passing the control unit to have a peek I heard a woman shrieking that if she didn't get the password she was calling the police.
Been raining most of the last 22 hours, nearly 4" now 95mm

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10354 Post by Karearea » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:06 pm

Good morning, a mild 16.5°C at 6am, expecting 22°C; a golden Moon sinking in the west.

Listening to coverage of Brazil/Croatia, glad I haven't missed anything by not getting up for the 4am start.
And with the morn, those angel faces smile...

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10355 Post by Hydromet » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:33 pm

DBx wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:16 pm
Hydromet wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:11 am
It always mildly amuses me when posters refer to something mildly interesting happening locally but give no indication of their location in their profile!
Apologies for the oversight - fixed now.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10356 Post by llondel » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:12 am

Evening all, good day at the dog show. Looking forward to tomorrow, partly out of morbid curiosity. ring time is right at the peak of wind and rain for tomorrow, so I'm wondering how much of the infrastructure will still be there when I arrive. There was a show with high winds overnight a few years ago that cancelled the second day due to the rearrangement of a lot of tents and other ring furniture.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10357 Post by OFSO » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:00 am

High winds forecast here but not arrived. Into town for Christmas haircuts.

Correction - as I wrote the above calm disappeared and wind arrived.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10358 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:38 am

The trick is to locate others from clues over time. I am east of the late Handsfree, at the opposite end of the county for 1DC and just south of 4ma. I won't mention BOAC.

Anyway, it is 8/8th blue here, no wind and -1 C and perfect for a dig walk around the fields and the opportunity for avoiding a shop ex.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10359 Post by 1DC » Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:49 am

All blue on the Humber minus 1C and the solar panels are frozen but the sun has just appeared over the trees so when they have melted I will put the dishwasher on for a free wash courtesy of el sol. Mrs 1DC about to visit her hairdresser so approximately one hour of peace and tranquility.

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10360 Post by TheGreenAnger » Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:07 am

Some high cirrus and a beautiful blue sky but freezing day. Am going to make myself a bacon sandwich for brunch. Don't tell my vegan Kommandant!
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.