The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread V

General Chit Chat
limeygal
Capt
Capt

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread V

#19181 Post by limeygal » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:06 am

Karearea-re. quiz, nope!

Gullywasher here last evening (heavy rain). Hopefully the carrots I seeded yesterday did not get washed away :(

Hope Mrs. Hydro continues her recovery. It will help (both of you) that she is home. :YMHUG:

Neighbour stopped by with his new foster dog. A lovely older pitbull, built like a proverbial. He is rock solid. Reggie went berserk in the garden. We were on our front porch and he could see the dog through the fence. Neighbour walked "Tank" to the fence to introduce him-poor old Reggie nearly had a seizure. Tank seemed quite offended by his reception. Probably won't be having any play dates in the future!

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19182 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:21 am

Karearea-re. quiz, nope!
Likewise, to be sure. Most offp&$%#ng!! :-q
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19183 Post by Hydromet » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:43 am

jimtherev wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:04 am
Yesterday I had an ugly pendulous wart in my left eyebrow, big enough to affect my sight.
Today it's gone. But it was touch and go.
Yesterday had a phone call from Dermatology changing the appointment for the procedure. Only half an hour, but usually they don't bother: just see you late. Impressed that they bothered.
Today had another phone call from Dermatology wanting to bring the appt forward 3 hours. No go, as one isn't allowed to drive after surgery near the eye and Mrs Jim is out until then.. "Oh. I'll call you back." New proposal made and accepted (I think that she could find a later tee-time for the consultant)
Arrived on time. Got out early. Eyebrow a bit hurty but otherwise pleased with myself and with the Nightingale. Full marks! Who said that the NHS can't get it right?
Only complaint: you can't get an eyepatch and a parrot on the NHS.

ARR
Jim, meet Stumpy the one-legged king parrot. He wants a pirate to sit on his shoulder.
King Parrot - Stumpy-2.jpg

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19184 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:01 pm

Pitbulls and Pitbull mixes are the top breed that shows up at the animal shelters here.
They are also less likely to be adopted.
There are numerous rescues that try to help there dogs but my guess they make up a large part of the animals that are put down by Animal Control. :((

PP

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19185 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:53 pm

9 AM
12 PM

PP

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19186 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 pm

My experience of Staffordshire bull terriers is that they are soft-natured (and always amenable to being stroked, often rolling over for a tummy tickle). Daughter acquired one when she worked as a vet nurse - which completely changed my opinion of the breed. I now approach any Staffie - even those being walked by 'hard lads' and have never yet been rejected (by the dog).
I do not have any experience of 'American' bull terriers or any XL variant.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19187 Post by 1DC » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:26 pm

Couldn't get the quiz today. Been a pleasant day, sunny, herself went to her barber and I did a minor bit of gardening.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19188 Post by Hydromet » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:42 pm

Good morning all, raining today. Currently 17C, forecast max 22C. Mrs Hydro & self both feeling better.
G-CPTN wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 pm
My experience of Staffordshire bull terriers is that they are soft-natured (and always amenable to being stroked, often rolling over for a tummy tickle). Daughter acquired one when she worked as a vet nurse - which completely changed my opinion of the breed. I now approach any Staffie - even those being walked by 'hard lads' and have never yet been rejected (by the dog).
I do not have any experience of 'American' bull terriers or any XL variant.
While I was at woodwork school I had experience of two Staffies. Both were abandoned dogs who had adopted new owners. One belonged to a fellow student. Each morning he ignored the 'no dogs' rule and would greet each student & the teacher for pats, before going to sleep under his owner's bench. The 2nd had adopted a vet with PTSD where I was staying, and gave the guy a reason for living. He also acted as a bridge between the vet and other people, including myself. We could agree on what a great dog he was, which opened up conversation.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19189 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:15 am

B*gger it!! Missed the Ides of March again, #-o and I was going to attempt to attach a link to Wayne and Shusters "Rinse the Blood off my Toga'

Ah well....

Re the previous posts on Staffies; Afraid that particular breed is not one of my favourites.
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19190 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:27 am

Admin .. Alison, if you read this I have just sent you a P.M. cancelling my previous P.M. - which is still in my Outbox. My apologies for bothering you, and all is sorted and under control now.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#19191 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:38 am

Good morning folks. A bit of broken Cu going to be another hot one. Happy St Patrick's day
Attachments
St Patrick.jpg
St Patrick.jpg (52.28 KiB) Viewed 516 times
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19192 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:19 am

Here posting again after a longish time. Mother is still in bed in a slowly improving health situation. My heartfelt wishes to all those experiencing hardship health wise. Three day weekend here. Planning to do as little as possible and I am ashamed to add make use of my subscription TV. I did resist acquiring (given comments I read here about a satellite dish and the house of a chav) but at 12 Euros per month plus a free WiFi extended I decided to give a try.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19193 Post by OFSO » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:24 am

Morning all. Looks wet outside (obviously outside). Thanks for the wishes. As far as us ancients slowly crumbling away are concerned, I can only quote Herman Melville in "White Jacket": "Life's a voyage that is homeward bound."

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19194 Post by Wodrick » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:34 am

Hello everybody,
21°c, 23°c from the tea leaves. Think that will be exceeded.

Nearly Dome just a bit of high haze and Chemtrails.

Henry went berserk at 0820 fine woofing and howling session.
This time it was the Serb who has bought an Aspero further along the track.
He is re-modelling Spain and looks like he is terracing it.
He and his mate with a digger started at 0830.

Happy Paddys Day After yesterday on the field should be quite a celebration today.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19195 Post by tango15 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:36 am

Rwy in Sight wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:19 am
Here posting again after a longish time. Mother is still in bed in a slowly improving health situation. My heartfelt wishes to all those experiencing hardship health wise. Three day weekend here. Planning to do as little as possible and I am ashamed to add make use of my subscription TV. I did resist acquiring (given comments I read here about a satellite dish and the house of a chav) but at 12 Euros per month plus a free WiFi extended I decided to give a try.
RiS - St Patrick's Day was never celebrated in Greece when I was there! :)) I know it's really Ash Monday for those of a slightly different religious persuasion. :)

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19196 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:09 pm

tango15 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:36 am
Rwy in Sight wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:19 am
RiS - St Patrick's Day was never celebrated in Greece when I was there! :)) I know it's really Ash Monday for those of a slightly different religious persuasion. :)
t15 I am concerned that if I had to re-apply for citizenship I would have to double-check my answers with you - and you are spot on about Ash Monday tomorrow. There are some sporadic celebrations of Saint Patric mainly in bars (obviously) and associated with Guinness. And there is (or there was) an Irish pub on the basement of the "sky-sracpers" at the begining of the avenue leading to the Ministry of Defence - not far from the Embassy - a couple of metro stations away.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19197 Post by Hydromet » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:02 pm

Good morning all, grey day with rain forecast. Currently 19C, forecast max 27C.
Took the car to the local servo to replace a blinker bulb that stopped working, expecting to leave it there until they'd fixed it and rang me. Mechanic did it straight away, $10. I couldn't have worked out how to remove the bulb in the time he took to change it. Cars are much more complicated than they used to be.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19198 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:06 pm

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I managed to make it to the St. Patrick's Day parade yesterday, such as it was.
The parade route was cut down from previous years. Only about 2/3 mile start to finish.
This weekend was the Desert Botanical Garden's semi-annual plant sale. I could only get a midmorning slot for today and while there were quite a few plants left, the attendants said that the first two days saw a majority of the plants purchased.
Managed to not by anything; some of the more exotic stuff was pricey.
The other thing that stopped me was the fact that most of the cacti and related plants tend to be slow growers and I didn't want to tempt time.

7 AM
8 PM

PP

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19199 Post by Pinky the pilot » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:38 am

A small request; Would anyone who can acess the Quiz without having to sign up/log in please post the link they use when doing the quiz?

Sometimes I have clicked on a link in a Members post and gained access to the quiz ok. However, lately not so!

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19200 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:15 am

Pinky the pilot wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:38 am
A small request; Would anyone who can acess the Quiz without having to sign up/log in please post the link they use when doing the quiz?

Sometimes I have clicked on a link in a Members post and gained access to the quiz ok. However, lately not so!
Fingers crossed. :-ss

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/quizzes

PP