The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread V

General Chit Chat
Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread V

#11581 Post by Ibbie » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:51 am

Its 7c here. High winds forecast for the afternoon.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#11582 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:40 am

The trouble here now is they are only allowed to employ citizens. Most of the people who knew us at the Air Charter company have gone. I put a booking in for a flight up into the Delta. I ordered a jet with Kosher catering and first class. Got this NR come back to me and said that they do not do catering. Then he said that they do not have jets. The C208 is a turbine so essentially a jet. This I pointed out to him. Told him we would go cattle class without grub. Copied it to the MD who is a friend. He will probably be pissed off with me for messing about his staff. Also this NR gave me a quote. We frequently get the flights for free. Told him to just put it on the system and leave it at that. He will probably want a deposit next.

Tiles going down in the safari shower. The boss himself is doing it so it should be OK. He knows our standards.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11583 Post by TheGreenAnger » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:06 am

Just another quiet lunch at the Ex-Ascot's place! ;)))

Just another lion.JPG
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#11584 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:41 am

We have had a leopard here a couple of times but never a lion as far as we are aware. We do hear them though.

Been having problems with getting access to our Luxembourg funds. Very impressed with service. E=mails flying backwards and forwards. And, she just phoned me. I hadn't pressed the right button to change codes ~X( It is raining there. Love telling people about the weather here and the hippos in front. Most don't believe me.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11585 Post by CharlieOneSix » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:53 pm

Stunning day, sunny but only 8C at noon. Saw the lovely Bryony for my routine bloods earlier, then on to Brechin to check out the 50kW DC electric car chargers in a car park and make sure the car has no problems with fast chargers. Sat Nav has all chargers in the database so set one as destination and the battery automatically preheated on the way there to speed the charge. Only 23p per kWh, cheaper than domestic full rate. First time I've used a DC fast charger, usually do a 7kW AC charge at home or at the 22kW AC chargers whilst we're having a coffee and snack at the local garden centre. All good and gives confidence for the upcoming trip to Glasgow and back - will try a bank of 8 350kW rapid DC chargers there even though I have more than enough juice for a return trip.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11586 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:31 pm

Balmy day on me canal - 10ºC - no ice so moved the workboat through 3 sets of locks to our depot where it will be dragged up the slipway for a scrape and paint. Took a wee while cos I had to reverse the boat for the whole journey but eventually got there..... then it was time for tea and cakes.

Day got better as junior daughter got her full refund from WizzAir after they stranded her in Cyprus back in August. Tool the efforts of a journalist who is doing an exposé on their sharp working practices to get them to part with the dosh. Never, ever fly WizzAir.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11587 Post by 1DC » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:55 pm

Bright and beautiful on the Humber,blue all over 9C and a strong westerly breeze. Awaiting delivery of a new suite and also a Tesco delivery.Imagine the calamity if they both turn up together!!
WE have an apartment booked in Espana for a month and flights booked with KLM from the local airport. By the time we get ourselves to Manchester and pay for "low cost" airline with all the add ons, the local schedule airline is better value and the times are such that it is quicker from A to B, even when changing in Amsterdam.
Did I mention it took friends over 11 hours getting from Stansted to Grimsby in an electric car due to problems getting electricity. Very upset they was.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11588 Post by CharlieOneSix » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:35 pm

1DC wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:55 pm
.....Did I mention it took friends over 11 hours getting from Stansted to Grimsby in an electric car due to problems getting electricity. Very upset they was.
Don't understand that - that's an average speed of 15mph. Bet they were popular on the A1!! It's only 167 miles via the A1 or 145 miles via the scenic route so if they started with a full charge no need for a top up enroute even if they were driving a little Renault Zoe which has a range of 200 miles. Nothing beats a bit of planning. Without it the result is piss poor performance.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11589 Post by Wodrick » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:50 pm

Belated Greetings,
Not much more than 10c all day, ice gusts to 40km/h from the East, not a day for gardening.

As we burnt the last log of winter 2021/22 last night I have had to do a wood run.
Price up 5€ a unit, it's been 15€ for years.

Where would yr Aparto be *1DC* ?

SM has just dropped the thought that she would like to visit the plot in the pet's cemetery.
This will develop into a command.
Need to work out the best way as we would have to do a full set of visits therefore Hollywell, Crosby, Oldham, Wilmslow and Spittlefield

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11590 Post by 1DC » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:43 pm

C16 I think they came home up the A16 from Peterborough and had trouble with a lot of charging points either not working or being inefficient. It was during the very cold period.They had just spent six months in Cyprus and were feeling the cold! Don't know what kind of car it was someone picked them up.
Wodders the apartamento is in Moraira just south of Javea/Denia.Been there before.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11591 Post by OFSO » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:50 pm

Very very cold here. You might think it gets cold in the UK but you don't have 50-100 kph winds lasting for two weeks.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11592 Post by John Hill » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:27 pm

Oh dear! Serious floods up north at Orkland but nothing more than annoying showers here.

Breakfast over so time to go to the gym for my weekly (weakly) training session with my delightful 'personal trainer'.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11593 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:47 pm

A pleasant afternoon, -3, no wind, and sunshine - visited the tip to dump an old window unit, and got more barn work done - building a second floor.
Forecast for Friday night is a windchill of -43. Polar Vortex.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11594 Post by Hydromet » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:01 pm

Woke early after a good sleep, so had time for a good walk before starting work. Lid panel came back from the engravers early, so instead of starting on the box lining I completed the glue-up. About to separate the lid and start on fitting the hinges and lock.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11595 Post by OFSO » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:07 am

Morning all. Slightly warmer here, 7° instead of 3°. Slept late, woke to daylight instead of the usual stygian black. Most welcome.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11596 Post by Ibbie » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:39 am

It's 7c here as well. Another clear blue day.

Trip to the blue and yellow store, near Pablo's this morning.

I'm going in their food department, whilst Mrs IB visits a material warehouse close by.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#11597 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:47 am

Morning folks. A bit overcast but warm. Grass cutting going on. He has been at it for 3 hrs already. We are not exactly fast. Safari camp for a few beers senior directors of the company there at the mo. Still no action on the CCTV and now we have no phone signal.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11598 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:53 am

Ibbie wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:39 am

Ukrainian?

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11599 Post by Wodrick » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:10 am

Ibbie wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:39 am
It's 7c here as well. Another clear blue day.

I'm going in their food department.
Meatballs for dinner then :)

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11600 Post by Wodrick » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:44 am

god morgon allihopa,

I have 10c and blue dome. very gentle North breeze.

Some provisions to get in a while then wood stacking this afternoon. What a delight.

A culinary treat tonight, Sausage, Mash, and Baked Beans.
Thanks to Brexit Baked Beans have gone from 98c to 1€75 for a large can.
Now a Luxury Item.