Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread V

#3 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:13 am

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV
#33192 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:34 am

TheGreenGoblin wrote: ↑Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:59 pm
I take it that poor Craig Murray is still languishing in gaol?

Yes. And badly.

He's in solitary, 22 hours a day.

Because he's a "civil" prisoner ( in Russia or China or North Korea, that would be called a political prisoner ) he's not allowed to wear civilian clothes outside his cell. He must wear prison uniform when outside his cell. The exercise yard is surrounded on two or three sides by the windows of the main blocks of the prison. The prisoners presume that he's a child molester and so they hate him.

On his second day 'out' a bag of liquid was thrown onto his head. One can imagine what that liquid was.

Under the normal rules he should have been given a review of his condition within 72 hours of admittance. 19 days later he'd still not had that review.

Clearly, orders have been issued from a very high level that he is to be treated very badly.

I fared much better when I was in prison. I was respected by my fellow prisoners because of who I am. I was allowed to mix with them on Fridays and later every day after I went through the routine of declaring as a Moozlim. One of my best friends is a fellow former prisoner. I am proudly the godfather of his eldest son. He is now a very high official in the Eastern Province of his country. An excellent fellow, in every way.

Craig Murray is not yet known to his fellow prisoners, who presume he's a 'nonce'.

I wasn't a political prisoner. I was jailed for not saying what I knew. That's a different thing. Nevertheless, there's still a tiny little bit of me left in that 10x10x10 foot concrete cubic cell in Dammam.

Like Craig Murray, I did not have the benefit of a trial by jury. He also does not have a right to an Appeal. That was denied to him by the Judge who judged and sentenced him.

As a "civil" prisoner he does not automatically have a 50% reduction of sentence for good behaviour.

The bitch(es) who stitched Craig Murray up did a 'good' job.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:43 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:10 am
Why?
Because the number in the last thread hath surpassed the sacred sum of posts, decreed by Lord Gargarth of Ops, and inscribed in the runic rock of Normal, as being the number of turning, and renewal, and thus we must briefly return to unity, where 1 is that number and thereby renew the tree of snippets.

All hail and praise to Ops and the sacred stone of Normal.

^:)^
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:49 am

Fukk

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by OFSO » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:50 am

Morning all on this nice new fresh uncluttered thread. Weatherman suggests some drops of H2O might fall this week on our brown scorched land. Believe it when it happens. I anticipate water use restrictions looming on the horizon. We have seen thunderstorms and cloudbursts out at sea: useless. Typical EU mismanagement.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Old clutter

#7 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:02 am

He felt a right tit.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Ibbie » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:36 am

Just washed last nights Sahara dump off the cars. Cloudy and humid at 26c.

The higher temperatures are said to be returning for the weekend. Oh goody...not.

Thunder is rumbling in the distance from Wodrick's direction.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by CharlieOneSix » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:34 am

Cracking day, Gromit! No clouds, no wind - possibly heading for 24C if my weather station forecast is correct. Just waiting for the plumber to arrive to change a sticking CH/HW selector valve...
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by Wodrick » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:32 am

G'day,
Grismirable again 22c guess 29c.
Amber warning for all sorts of crap including what the Met call Muddy Rain.
What looks like a heavy shower is tracking right at me and it is going foreboding dark.
No cloud bumping yet. How to generate a thunderstorm, type nothing yet !

The Lycra clad pass through on the coast road 14.30 to 16.30 - that's the afternoon buggered

Annie Lenox.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by OFSO » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:35 am

Thanks for the warning Wodders. I will be watching the sports channel at that time. I trust you will be wearing your Ops Normal T Shirt. Please wave to the chopper!

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by tango15 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:46 am

I find the whole Craig Murray development very worrying. I didn't realise there was still such a thing as prison uniforms. They really are using every means at their disposal to humiliate him. I met him a couple of times in Tashkent when I was traversing that area of the former Soviet Union and he seemed to me like a perfectly reasonable chap. 'Death in Samarkand' was very embarrassing and damaging to British, and by extension US, policy in the region and I suspect that he is now paying the price for this. I have to say that post-Soviet Uzbekistan is one of the eeriest places I have ever visited. The whole jigsaw thing, which is the reason for Murray's incarceration is a red herring imho.
That a former ambassador can be stitched up in this way says much about the justice system in the UK, notwithstanding the fact that the Scottish legal system is founded upon different principles. That the collective media has said so little about this is proof positive of the collusion between the government and the media these days. More news and information is withheld than is published, all done without the need for D-notices or whatever the current nomenclature is.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:51 am

Ooooh!! A new room and still uncluttered with plenty of vacant chairs in which to snooze. I'll have that one over there beside the window and a short walk from the bar.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by Pinky the pilot » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:19 am

Had to do a launch out at the Gliding Club today as the bloke running the Maintenance Engineering workshop needed to do a test flight on a DG1000 that had just come out of a check.

Release height was 5,300'. OAT minus 2C, In a draughty old Pawnee is not nice!
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

admin
Chief Engineer

#15 Post by admin » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:54 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:43 am
Undried Plum wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:10 am
Why?
Because the number in the last thread hath surpassed the sacred sum of posts, decreed by Lord Gargarth of Ops, and inscribed in the runic rock of Normal, as being the number of turning, and renewal, and thus we must briefly return to unity, where 1 is that number and thereby renew the tree of snippets.

All hail and praise to Ops and the sacred stone of Normal.

^:)^
+1

Admin/Alison
PS starting to throw a few errors.

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#16 Post by limeygal » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:09 pm

Ahoy there mateys. Practicing for speak like a pirate day, (19th September if you arrrr interested. Where's Bluey when you need her?).

New digs I see. If IRC, on the Good Ship TRABB, FSL gave orders to scuttle at 10,000 posts. 33000 and change is impressive. Tony would be pleased :YMHUG:

Just back from the gym-knackered. Trying to get healthier. Probably flogging a dead horse (mare?), but giving it a go. Was doing great before covid, but as everything shutdown, so did my enthusiasm. Trying to persuade Reggie (new dog) to go walking with me, but he is currently underwhelmed. Perhaps when it is cooler he might be interested.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by Boac » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:10 pm

starting to throw a few errors.
Clicking on Prospector's link in IV takes you to post #1 of that thread instead of post #33193.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#18 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:36 pm

Afternoon folks. Twice monthly town day was not a great success. Couldn't get many things mainly electrical but NO marmite again. No booze of course but a friend served us with a few beers and gave Mrs Ex-Ascot a bottle of wine for her birthday. Not a great birthday when you can't go out for lunch with a glass of wine so we are at home. Managed to secure a bunch of roses for 'er. It is not long ago that you had to go to the funeral directors to get flowers. One presumed that they were not second hand.

The local chip wrapper which we bought has said that there is a big problem with illegal booze in Maun. Apparently 10 people in the last month have been done and fined the equivalent to £330 each. Oh my goodness. Still got loads of black market scotch and our own hooch. The bastards will not win.

Gardner was very grumpy today after his sentence yesterday. He muttered about mending fences today whilst we were out. I told him to dig out a compost pit. One was not very happy. Tough *****.

Very nice day. Low 30s calm, clear sky.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:44 pm

Oh dear!! The entire chav world will be howling and beating their chests in anguish......Macdonalds has run out of milk shakes. Has Tw@tter and Faecesbook gone into meltdown yet?
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by Wodrick » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:33 pm

My house is 4km inland from the coast road. La Vuelta has passed, no sign here, no heli, nowt. Some nice shots of Torrox Pueblo and Torrox Costa on Eurosport.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash