The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread V

General Chit Chat
Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread V

#1681 Post by Wodrick » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:01 pm

Why can't the medical trade keep appointments we arer now 30 mins past our 1930.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1682 Post by Rwy in Sight » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:05 pm

I had a rant about it some time ago: Slasher explained that doctors don't know how it would take with each customer/ patient. I either book one of the first appointments or the secretary receptionist to keep me update with the pace - it works since I am about 10 minute away from the GP

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1683 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:11 pm

Took Mrs 4ma for her booster jab tonight. Same as when I had mine, the vacc centre was very busy with a constant flow through of victims patients. Makes me wonder where the slow up-take is that the Health Secretary is complaining about or is it confined to the London area which, we all are being brain-washed to believe, is totally representative of the rest of the UK.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1684 Post by tango15 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:02 pm

4mastacker wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:11 pm
Took Mrs 4ma for her booster jab tonight. Same as when I had mine, the vacc centre was very busy with a constant flow through of victims patients. Makes me wonder where the slow up-take is that the Health Secretary is complaining about or is it being confined to the London area, which, we all are being brain-washed to believe, is totally representative of the rest of the UK.
...as we were with the petrol crisis!

Anecdotal evidence suggests to me that the organisation seems a little looser than last time. I was not offered either of my local clinics, only ones which were several miles away, including Bedford, which is a total no-no because a) it's a Covid hot spot (I wonder why...? :) ) and b) it's 16 miles away from me anyway. When I had my third jab (in the local town's Hindu Social Centre), there was no queue of people as there was for the first two jabs, merely a trickle. An elderly neighbour, who received her call-up a few days after me, was offered both of the local clinics. If the reporting system is as poorly joined-up as the vaccination system, I would not be surprised to learn that the figures are misrepresentative.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1685 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:41 pm

Having just had my 'flu jab yesterday with no sign of my Covid booster - despite asking - I got a text today offering various locations (not local) followed by another text this afternoon offering an appointment at my local (nearest) vaccination centre.
Unfortunately my clockwork mobile phone cannot respond by clicking on the link contained in the message - or at least I cannot fathom out how to do that, so tomorrow I will have to make a voice call to somewhere to explain my predicament.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1686 Post by OFSO » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:07 am

Good morning all. Hope the Wodricks are not still sitting in the doctor's waiting room this morning. Two weeks ago we got up and walked out of the ENT practice after waiting 90 minutes past the time. Nobody on reception to complain to. Yesterday 30 minutes delay at the dentist but profuse apologies and explanation from dentist (and no fee.)

handsfree
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1687 Post by handsfree » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:20 am

Hello to you all.
Still dark but forecast is for mainly cloudy with sunny intervals.
A bit warmer this morning at 8°C, guessed at max of 12.

Another Billy jolly today to get his antiviral response to the CMV checked.
That's at 9 o'clock so hopefully after that straight into Derby for a bit of
shopping and a little R&R when they open. No blind mate today as he's
gone dry prior to a blood test next week.

Had to resort to switching the electric blanket on last night. Tootsies were cold.

TODAY IS FRIDAY ONCE MORE

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1688 Post by Ibbie » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:50 am

Morning all.

19c and clear. High of 23c has been suggested, as has rain in the early hours of the morrow.

Ed and I will be off down the paseo in half and hour for walkies.

Rossian
Capt
Capt

Re: Interesting little encounter...

#1689 Post by Rossian » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:42 am

...on our flight from luton to Inverness yesterday evening. Captain's welcome speech - Australian accent. I wonder if..... Once underway I asked CSD to ask captain if the name "redsnail" meant anything to him. It did.
As we were getting off he appeared at the door and I introduced myself to "Checkers" (for it was he). The third Ppruner I've met in person, the others being Bluediamond and Aviatrician in Perth WA a few years ago. Small world innit?

The Ancient Mariner

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1690 Post by Wodrick » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:48 am

Morning all,
17c for 24c, same as, clouding over this afternoon followed by rain overnight.
OFSO wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:07 am
Hope the Wodricks are not still sitting in the doctor's waiting room this morning.
After a wasted 106€ we were home at 21.30 ish with more drops. Most drops make her condition worse.

Fang Fettler at 12.30 (read that as 13.00 earliest) for my broken fang. It's the one she has wanted to pull for a while.
Expect her wish will be granted.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1691 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:19 am

OFSO, if I have a non urgent appointment and they run half an hour late I do them a favour of shortening their waiting list. Might cost the doctor several pints of beer or equivalent but I guess he can afford it. They are not the only ones where time is money.

Our dentist runs an appointment system and you are booked in for a specific period. You are in within a minute or so and out on time. The place is then cleaned before the next patient. They are NHS and operate 12 hours per day, 7 days a week. Try getting your GP to offer that service.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1692 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:44 am

Rwy in Sight wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:38 am
I moved my swim session at 8:00 am. So I ended up sharing the lane with a retired military man. He insists I am using his first name I am stuck with calling him with his rank. Maybe I should start calling Ex-A with his rank too.
=))

Morning folks. Επισμηναγός. Please don't otherwise I would have to buy all the beers. Very hopeful of getting there next year Sir.

Nice day. CCTV folks back for a 5th time including the area manager who was probably told that it is a nice place to sit and get a free coke. Think that we are sorted now. Manager said anytime we wanted help just call him. Tried to get us to have an alarm system. Just hit the panic button and we will be there. Oh yes, about an hour later given the distance from town and in the last attack there is no way we could have got to a panic button.

One thinks a quick run to the pub up river. They should have their first tour in now for two years.

Didn't go to the hairdresser for 10 months until we were fully vaccinated. Thought that she was very vulnerable. Just been closed for three weeks. Went yesterday. She got it.

Terrible day in town yesterday. Every bloody taxi driver tried to kill us and the department of transport had a road block checking documents causing a huge traffic jam.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1693 Post by OFSO » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:30 am

I don't mind delays at the medics if there's an urgency and the urgency isn't me. And I'm told and apologised to. (Sorry, bad grammar. Or possibly bad grandma.)

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1694 Post by Wodrick » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:25 am

Engine management light has just come on. Great.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1695 Post by Hydromet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:39 am

Started cutting dovetails for the drawer on the table I'm making. Cutter moved in the router but fortunately didn't go right through the drawer front so I was able to rescue it. All finished well and dry fit went perfectly.
Tempura fish bento box with bottle of red for dinner tonight to celebrate the end of the week.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1696 Post by OFSO » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:01 am

Windscreen wiper saga ended at Ford. Pack of two, €47, as they reckon if ones going, change both. Wasted €14 on garage replacement that didn't fit. OTOH Ford told me that now Covid is on the wane they will again take customer's cars for the annual/biannual inspection. (ITV). Doesn't cost anything and saves hassle. And when the dealer takes the car for inspection it passes!

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1697 Post by Magnus » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:33 am

Getting hauled out to see the new Bond outing later today. SWMBO is driving, so drink may be consumed. We've booked comfy leather recliners, so I am likely to fall asleep halfway through. Fish'n'chips for supper on the way home.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1698 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:15 pm

Which Embra kino has such seating?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1699 Post by OFSO » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:56 pm

After the two water bombers left the drop zone in September, we thought That was That. However a Fire Boss (Air Tractor) returned last week and five minutes after we returned from a long lunch at 15:50 today it buzzed our house. Hopefully just a demo flight...

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1700 Post by EA01 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:23 pm

Why can't the medical trade keep appointments we are now 30 mins past our 1930.
Indeed!! .... I had an appointment with them a while back for something non urgent...after 15 minutes late I went back to reception and said -

"You sent me a text requesting I CONFIRM my appointment time, I confirmed that time, and you have failed to meet your end of the deal, I am cancelling, and do not charge my card, you failed in our agreement"

She was shocked and said "But you're next to be seen!"

Fliegs:, "No, there are still people in front of me!, can you not see!!!.....if this was a flight you would not keep the aircraft waiting, or a train would not wait at a station, you txt me a confirmation, I confirmed, was here early, and you failed to meet your part of the deal"

Now I am fully aware that some patients may just need a regular script and take up 2 mins worth of time, and others, perhaps, have a difficult consultation, requiring perhaps quite some time....I get that....so adjust your scheduling accordingly to reflect your real world.....but no.....all about getting as many through as possible I suppose.

I went back the next week with an early morning appointment, less chance of running over time.

Still the look of shock on the receptionists face when I called them on their 'confirmation' was worth it.