The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread V

General Chit Chat
Groundgripper
Capt
Capt

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread V

#9101 Post by Groundgripper » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:27 am

Morning,

11.5C according to my H Samuel Everwrong weather station, heavy cloud and steady rain here on the Costa del Lancashire accompanied by very little wind, anemometer makes a lethargic turn every so often and then gives up 'cos it can't be bothered.
SM off to the masseur shortly followed by an aquaerobics session.
Like the wind, I can't be bothered to do much. Should be going shooting this evening but when we got to the range yesterday we found the access door lock jammed and a locksmith has been summoned to repair it this morning. Luckily, no competition cards have to be shot as we are between Summer and Winter seasons.

GG

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9102 Post by Ibbie » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:04 am

Morning folks. Tis 21c and sunny. High only suggested as 23c. Think that will be wrong, as usual.

Time for coffee and biscuits.

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9103 Post by EA01 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:14 am

Took a terrified young Lady into clinic this morning, so very scared of needles she was, and a past fainter.

I spoke very calmly & reassuredly to her. We agreed that the bed was probably the best way to go but that we'd see how things go in the chair. She could not look, I kept a reassuring tone and before long 3 x tubes drawn for analysis.

By the end she said 'I didn't feel a thing", and even better, "If I require more tests am I allowed to request you?"

Highlight of my day! :)

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9104 Post by Pinky the pilot » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:21 am

By the end she said 'I didn't feel a thing", and even better, "If I require more tests am I allowed to request you?"

Highlight of my day! :)

Fliegs; The following said in my best Master Po voice..

"You have done well, Grasshopper!" :-bd
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#9105 Post by limeygal » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:39 pm

Off to the airport shortly to pick up youngest daughter. Weather here is glorious. She lives in Maryland and has been complaining about all the rain and general dreich. Next too weeks are guessed to be gorgeous. She'll be happy.

Well done Fliegs :-bd The nurse who prepared me for my stress test did a great job with the IV. Didn't feel a thing. He was Polish and very funny. He looked at me when I told him that, and asked me "what's wrong with you? Patients are usually screaming by now." I liked him, so I let him live :)

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9106 Post by CharlieOneSix » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:36 pm

I was wondering how Rossian is getting on with the Wet and Forget application to his patio after I posted the first photo below back in March. That was just before a single application of the stuff. The second photo was taken today, just under 7 months later. It needs another application to finally get the patio clean......no pressure washers or hard work involved, just patience needed....
WetForget1.jpg
WetForget1.jpg (39.03 KiB) Viewed 451 times
Wetand Forget2.JPG
Wetand Forget2.JPG (27.17 KiB) Viewed 451 times
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9107 Post by TheGreenAnger » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:12 pm

CharlieOneSix wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:36 pm
The second photo was taken today, just under 7 months later. It needs another application to finally get the patio clean......no pressure washers or hard work involved, just patience needed....

C16, I see that you have that slacker Dexter working on the patio as I write this.
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#9108 Post by limeygal » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:31 pm

Charlie-that looks great. What a fabulous view you have. Very envious indeed.

Rossian
Capt
Capt

#9109 Post by Rossian » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:49 pm

I have an equally nice view LG. The Wet and Forget steer was a good one and did a sterling job on the biggest patio. One or two of the other paving bits were compromised by having big pots with growing things in them so I may get the jet washer on them.
Today has been an achieving day having some fuel(kerosene) delivered at 0730 by a rather grumpy driver "Ah broke ma mirror on a branch" I made sympathetic noises and didn't say "the other company drivers managed it what is your problem?" I have a bit of understanding because in the bad old days the tankers were a lot smaller and had no probs on the drive which is narrow and steep-ish. Now the big 6 wheelers are wider, higher and longer and v.heavy putting cast iron drain covers at serious risk. I had a pre holiday haircut and flu and covid boosters with nil side effects so far DV. I may well sleep soundly tonight.

The Ancient Mariner

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9110 Post by TheGreenAnger » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:55 pm

limeygal wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:31 pm
Charlie-that looks great. What a fabulous view you have. Very envious indeed.
+1

I once had the pleasure of flying over the house at the co-ordinates, provided by C16, and let it be said that he lives in a very beautiful part of a beautiful country! I shan't be able to rest until I can land an R44 in his garden and present Dexter dog with that present I bought 3 years ago. ;)))
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9111 Post by Karearea » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:10 pm

Good morning; all the precipitation blew away overnight, and now Helios drives his chariot across the blue sky. Pretty brisk at 0.9°C and breezy with it.

The House Fairy comes soon, and the recycling bin is out.

On with the dance!
And with the morn, those angel faces smile...

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9112 Post by OFSO » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:41 pm

An hour and twenty driving downhill towards a coast deleanated by a band of cloud. Lunch at Sylvia's restaurant as no food in house/madame didn't want to cook. New cat at restaurant, black like all this year's new cats.
Nose pouring forth Stuff. A portend?

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9113 Post by ricardian » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:23 pm

Rossian wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:49 pm
I have an equally nice view LG. The Wet and Forget steer was a good one and did a sterling job on the biggest patio. One or two of the other paving bits were compromised by having big pots with growing things in them so I may get the jet washer on them.
Today has been an achieving day having some fuel(kerosene) delivered at 0730 by a rather grumpy driver "Ah broke ma mirror on a branch" I made sympathetic noises and didn't say "the other company drivers managed it what is your problem?" I have a bit of understanding because in the bad old days the tankers were a lot smaller and had no probs on the drive which is narrow and steep-ish. Now the big 6 wheelers are wider, higher and longer and v.heavy putting cast iron drain covers at serious risk. I had a pre holiday haircut and flu and covid boosters with nil side effects so far DV. I may well sleep soundly tonight.
The Ancient Mariner
I too had a delivery of heating oil, just 500 litres to top up the tank. I never saw the driver who just drove off the ferry, filled up the tank and chucked the invoice into the hallway (no letterboxes on the island, too draughty) before heading off to make other deliveries on the island. I'll get the bill via email in a day or two - I've no idea how much it will be this time, last delivery in May was well over £1 a litre.
Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9114 Post by CharlieOneSix » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:26 pm

One of my farmer neighbours uses one of my fields to take grass crops. At around this time of year, after taking two crops, he always calls over to ask if he can put some sheep in the field to reduce the grass length before the first frosts arrive. We got talking about ailments - he's a few years older than me. It seems we both suffer from hand cramps where the thumb and first finger curl inwards and lock solid onto the palm of the hand and other fingers. He said he recently had his arm up inside a ewe who was having trouble giving birth as one leg of the lamb was stuck and preventing the birth. The farmer had his hand around the lamb's leg but before he could do anything his hand got the cramps and locked onto the leg. He said he couldn't free his hand and it was 15 minutes before the cramp relaxed and he could aid the ewe......I was curled up in hysterics at the way he told this.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9115 Post by CharlieOneSix » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:43 pm

Oh dear - there are noises in the roof above my study which remind me of Ronnie Hilton's song about 'A Windmill In Old Amsterdam'...

A little mouse with clogs on
Well, I declare!
Goin' clip-clippety-clop
On the stair
Oh yeah!

I fear a mouse is clomping around with a mousetrap attached. The joys of country living...ah, all is quiet now so it seems the trap has done its job thank goodness.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9116 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:50 pm

Half a century ago, as a newly-wed, I visited the Black Mountain region of Wales.
The converted farm buildings where we were to stay in Bwlch were attractively ultra-modern and very clean, however, at night there were noises above the ceiling of our bedroom that were best described as rats dragging something across the rafters as there were periodic thumps between the shushing sound of whatever was being dragged - shhhhthump, shhhhthump . . .
Needless to say I found it difficult to relax and sleep.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9117 Post by llondel » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:20 am

CharlieOneSix wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:43 pm
Oh dear - there are noises in the roof above my study which remind me of Ronnie Hilton's song about 'A Windmill In Old Amsterdam'...

A little mouse with clogs on
Well, I declare!
Goin' clip-clippety-clop
On the stair
Oh yeah!

I fear a mouse is clomping around with a mousetrap attached. The joys of country living...ah, all is quiet now so it seems the trap has done its job thank goodness.
We had mice in the loft space at our last house in England. I'd figured out where they were running but not how they'd gotten in. Their main thoroughfare was right above our bed and one night after setting some traps, I was in bed and heard "curry, scurry, scurry, CLUMP" as it ran down the route straight into the prepared trap. One of our cats helped keep them out of the house proper, she was farm-trained by her mother and a really good hunter, so anything that found its way down from the loft didn't last long. We came back from a 9-month absence to find signs of mice. Having re-installed her, a few carcasses during the following week and then no further signs.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9118 Post by OFSO » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:19 am

Edible Dormouse or Gliss-Gliss. A protected species in France where I last encountered them. It's forbidden to trap or poison them, but not forbidden to put a cat up in the attic.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#9119 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:41 am

Morning folks. Nice day should get upper 30s. Town day. :-q Normal fortnightly shop plus garage to discuss work needed on the Prado and a hair cut for me which will take 5 secs.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9120 Post by Ibbie » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:56 am

Morning. It's another Art day. 19c with high of 24c guessed. More cloud than blue above.

I have a scan scheduled for a fortnight today at the newish hospital (opened in 2021) in Estepona. Only 61km away but straight down the AP7, so fairly easy. About 50 mins travel time.

It was either accept that slot or wait until February for one in Marbella.