Taxi Driver deserves a medal!

General Chit Chat
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Taxi Driver deserves a medal!

#1 Post by Boac » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:40 am

Reports now that the taxi driver involved in the Liverpool Hospital explosion had locked his passenger in the cab to prevent him going into the hospital. David Perry - I think 'hero' is not too strong a word.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Taxi Driver deserves a medal!

#2 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:01 am

Boac wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:40 am
Reports now that the taxi driver involved in the Liverpool Hospital explosion had locked his passenger in the cab to prevent him going into the hospital. David Perry - I think 'hero' is not too strong a word.
+1

He was quite badly injured it appears although he will recover.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:32 am

In the papers they say the initial destination was the Commemoration service but the destination was changed because of heavy traffic.

This morning the police briefing on the TV made no mention of a change of destination. Fair enough.

Immediately after the briefing the BBC 'reporter' on the spot did no more than repeat word for word the police briefing. I mention of the original story, even to refute it as inaccurate. Why do they think we have to have someone repeat, word for word, a perfectly explicit brief. How about doing some search for other information.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:36 pm

Whilst the story attached to the Liverpool taxi explosion is commendable, there are aspects which don't seem to compute.

It is claimed that the driver exited the cab yet the video shows the cab exploding before it stops (or, as it stops).

Just saying.

Taxi explosion.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:46 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:36 pm
Whilst the story attached to the Liverpool taxi explosion is commendable, there are aspects which don't seem to compute.

It is claimed that the driver exited the cab yet the video shows the cab exploding before it stops (or, as it stops).

Just saying.

Taxi explosion.
He made it out after the explosion. Apparently his ear was partly severed by shrapnel. He was very lucky to escape.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by tango15 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:49 pm

Immediately after the briefing the BBC 'reporter' on the spot did no more than repeat word for word the police briefing. I mention of the original story, even to refute it as inaccurate. Why do they think we have to have someone repeat, word for word, a perfectly explicit brief. How about doing some search for other information.

Standard reporting procedure these days amongst the media. Follow the party line, or be summoned to a meeting without coffee to the news editor's office.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:14 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:32 am
The British Broadcasting Corporation: parroting other peoples' Press Releases since 1922.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Woody » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:18 pm

There was me and around five customers inside, the police officer told us not to get too p***** and people were joking about it but it was terrifying. I suffer from anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder, I was a nervous wreck."
If she suffers from anxiety and PTSD she definitely shouldn’t be running a pub in Kensington aka Little Beirut :))
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Boac » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:36 pm

??????

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:33 pm

Woody wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:18 pm
There was me and around five customers inside, the police officer told us not to get too p***** and people were joking about it but it was terrifying. I suffer from anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder, I was a nervous wreck."
If she suffers from anxiety and PTSD she definitely shouldn’t be running a pub in Kensington aka Little Beirut :))
Kensington Liverpool that is, I take it!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by tango15 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:40 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:33 pm
Woody wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:18 pm
Kensington Liverpool that is, I take it!
Yes, it sounds posh, but it isn't! Woody is right! Maybe she didn't suffer from PTSD until after she bought the pub... :)

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:47 pm

tango15 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:40 pm

Yes, it sounds posh, but it isn't! Woody is right! Maybe she didn't suffer from PTSD until after she bought the pub... :)
A little like Kensington and Mayfair in Johannesburg, full of street fighters, snooker players, small time gangsters and panel beaters! ;)))

Mayfair was also where F W De Klerk was born!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:30 am

It appears that the "locking the bomber in the back" was a piece of journalistic license, but Mr Perry is certainly a very lucky chap....
The wife of the taxi driver who was caught up in the terrorist bombing outside Liverpool Women’s Hospital yesterday has called her husband’s escape from serious injury an “utter miracle”.

Rachel Perry said her husband David is “lucky to be alive” after the taxi he was driving, carrying one passenger, exploded as it pulled up outside the hospital.

Mr Perry has since been discharged from hospital after being treated for his injuries. In the same social media post, Ms Perry thanked all of the staff, doctors and nurses who cared for her husband, whom she described as still being “extremely sore.”

She also appeared to confirm that reports of Mr Perry “locking the passenger inside the car” were untrue.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 58063.html
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:03 am

Four men arrested under terrorism laws following a bomb explosion outside Liverpool Women's Hospital on Sunday have been released without charge.

Buggah!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by Boac » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:24 am

In post#1 I wrote: Reports now that the taxi driver involved in the Liverpool Hospital explosion had locked his passenger in the cab to prevent him going into the hospital. David Perry - I think 'hero' is not too strong a word.
She also appeared to confirm that reports of Mr Perry “locking the passenger inside the car” were untrue.
Ah well, strike that and suggest he buys a lottery ticket. A ?lucky? man

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:29 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:03 am

"Round up the usual suspects...!
A brilliant line from a great film!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:10 pm

Watching that video of the car just before the explosion, it seemed to approach the hospital entrance a bit quick and did the back end skid to the left as if the driver was applying the handbrake whilst still moving?
It's always my fault - SWMBO

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by om15 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:15 pm

If the taxi driver did indeed lock the suicide bomber in the car to prevent multiple deaths, can we expect a future leftie/BAME Government in about 20 years time to arrest him on the charge of murder. Ridiculas you may think, but precedents in NI don't make that scenario too unlikely.
Certainly no point in erecting a statue to the brave taxi driver, it would be torn down and thrown in canal in minutes.
Hasn't the Shadow Health Secretary Jonathan Ashworth just apologised for giving condolences to the dead bombers family.
This chap was an illegal immigrant, was refused leave to remain here, has been arrested for carrying weapons in the past and has been supported by the UK tax payer for several years, or is this Nigel Farage just making it up?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by Boac » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:21 pm

It appears that the bomber was first refused asylum in 2014 which begs the question - why was he still here in 2021? 7 years!

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:31 pm

He was a confirmed Christian from 2017, allegedly.
As a Christian maybe it was unsafe to return him to Syria, Jordan, or wherever