More Political Correctness run amok

General Chit Chat
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: More Political Correctness run amok

#121 Post by Boac » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:28 pm

Cape - "When they're white, it is clearly stated." It wasn't in the news item I saw. That was the point I was making. Yes, I would prefer ethnicity to be made clear.

This is an extract from another news item from yesterday on the BBC.
"The offender is described as black, in his 20s or 30s, with a slim build and a beard, dressed all in black with white trainers."

Apart from not mentioning the skin colour of the victim, it seems fair to me?

Capetonian

#122 Post by Capetonian » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:00 pm

The first reports I saw on TV, and those I read on the news websites, did not mention colour. One of the later ones did. As you rightly say, it doesn't make a difference but it's so often turned into a taboo subject.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#123 Post by Krystal n Chips » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:49 pm
Yes it does matter. First of all had it been mentioned from the beginning it might have resulted in a quicker apprehension and charge, although that would not have made any difference to the outcome nor to the tragic death of an innocent person.

The only reason it wasn't mentioned is because of this absurd political correctness which permeates society and speech and the media. I find that cowardly and annoying. Somebody else on this forum referred to 'knife wielding savages' in another context, and that is precisely what some of these people are. I accept that there are also white 'knife wielding savages' but, as a former Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police said : "most muggers were black."

Statistics tend to give credence to that, as evidenced by the below, which was published 18 years ago. Would anyone like to guess if that situation has got a) better or b) worse, along with a general increase in street crime and housebreaking.
MORE than a quarter of people accused of crimes in London, ranging from muggings to burglary and fraud, are black, according to new police figures.

It has been clear for some time that black muggers were responsible for the bulk of street crime in London. But these figures, compiled by Scotland Yard for the six months to September this year, show for the first time that black people are accused of all common offences in disproportionate numbers.

The black population of the capital is thought to be no more than 10 per cent. Previously, victims' descriptions of their attackers have been used to gauge the involvement of black men in crime. The new figures are based on the cases where police believe that they have enough evidence to prosecute.

Of 2,719 people charged or cautioned for street crime, 1,682 - 61.9 per cent - were black. Of those, 1,113 children aged 10 to 17 accounted for more than two thirds. Black people accounted for 26.4 per cent of those accused of thefts other than robberies. The percentage for burglary was also 26.4 per cent; for vehicle crime, 26 per cent; for violence against the person, 29.9 per cent; and for fraud, 38.2 per cent.
I have forgotten how many stabbing and murders there were in the London area last year, something around 150 I think. Mostly amongst black communities, and mostly stabbings.

Knife wielding savages does not seem entirely inappropriate.
Dear Konstabel Els,

As a dullard, I am unable to understand the deductive reasoning underlined above and in particular how the alleged offender would have been arrested earlier as a result of this information being disclosed .

Please feel free to elaborate , oh, an when that report was published 18years ago, you may, probably not, vaguely recall the Met had a certain notoriety for "stop and search " with the majority of those stopped "not being white ".....statistics are fine, until, the variables start to get looked at and in this case, the term "institutionalised racism " was mentioned....can't think why.

Yours, a concerned citizen

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#124 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:42 pm

I have always wondered what a cartoon of "political correctness, running amok would look like? Would it be like an image of Andrea Dworkin karate chopping a Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard or something like that? Would be good to see but not as amusing as Father Ted kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse... ;)))

PC.JPG
PC.JPG (93.72 KiB) Viewed 527 times
Caco

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#125 Post by om15 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:51 pm

As a dullard, I am unable to understand the deductive reasoning underlined above and in particular how the alleged offender would have been arrested earlier as a result of this information being disclosed .
Had the Police issued a statement requesting information of the whereabouts of the alleged attacker and describing him as a big black man with wild eyes and beard holding a dripping knife then he may have been apprehended earlier.

Capetonian

#126 Post by Capetonian » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:04 pm

No doubt the priceless quote above is from our resident Bolshevik wordsmith.
As a dullard, I am unable to understand.......
I think most of us have noticed, there was no need for you to point it out. As ever, superfluous verbiage.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#127 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:07 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:04 pm
No doubt the priceless quote above is from our resident Bolshevik wordsmith.
As a dullard, I am unable to understand.......
I think most of us have noticed, there was no need for you to point it out. As ever, superfluous verbiage.
Here again we see KnC's Fe + Y.

He may be many things, but he is not a dullard! ;)))

Caco

Capetonian

#128 Post by Capetonian » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:24 am

I am no admirer of formal religion, least of all Catholicism, but it is refreshing to read that the Pope has spoken out against gender selection.

Vatican says people CANNOT choose or change genders and calls transgenderism a bid to 'annihilate nature'
The text called 'Male And Female He Created Them', released by the Vatican has also said that people can't choose or change their genders.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#129 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:10 am

Best of luck with that.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#130 Post by Alisoncc » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:44 am

Capetonian wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:24 am
I am no admirer of formal religion, least of all Catholicism, but it is refreshing to read that the Pope has spoken out against gender selection.
Catholic clergy, bunch of guys wearing dresses with lots of lace, playing with little boys whenever they get the chance. Nothing new. Vatican repeating same rubbish as previous. See below.
Saturday, February 1, 2003 12:47AM EST

Vatican denounces transsexuals

By NICOLE WINFIELD, ASSOCIATED PRESS

VATICAN CITY (AP) - Transsexuals suffer from "mental pathologies," are ineligible for admission to Roman Catholic religious orders and should be expelled if they have already entered the priesthood or religious life, the Vatican says in new directives.

The Vatican's orthodoxy watchdog, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, sent the directives to the superiors of religious orders worldwide. The leaders were told to implement the directives or turn cases over to the Congregation for handling, Vatican officials said Friday.
Alison
PS. Not rising to the bait. Not worth the effort.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Slasher

#131 Post by Slasher » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:59 am

Given the country I'm amazed he won! :-o

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/m ... n-16534136

fin
Capt
Capt

#132 Post by fin » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:41 pm

Here is a true story from some years past, from a county in Upstate NY where the population demographics list "black" as 2.3% of the population currently. At the time of the incident it was lower.

In the relevant city, there was a large school (post High School) and a mainly rural farm population surrounding same. A college girl was raped one night by a young black male. Understandably, the police sought to question young black males in preference to questioning elderly Asian women, for reasons that OUGHT to be blindingly obvious. In what seems to me to have been an obvious move, they went to the school and asked for a list of black male attendees.

Here it gets ugly and basically incomprehensible to me. The person furnishing the list was fired.
pc.JPG
This little cartoon, more than any thing else I have encountered, helps me to understand the mentality of the PC crowd. They view EVERYTHING in the world through this long cardboard tube and anything outside of that view does not exist.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

fin
Capt
Capt

#133 Post by fin » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:49 pm

Similarly, the head of the NJ state police noticed that a "certain demographic" was far more likely to be transporting firearms and untaxed cigarettes than other demographics.

So in an effort to increase the effectiveness of their interdiction, they chose to concentrate their attention on those drivers who were statistically far more likely to be breaking the law.

Whether his efforts were successful or not turned out to be irrelevant. He was fired.

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#134 Post by Stoneboat » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:17 pm

Some years ago in that bastion of Canadian liberalness, Toronto, a young lady was carjacked at gunpoint. At the time of the 'jacking the news outlets described the victim as an African-Canadian female, driving a white Honda. No mention was made of the ethnicity of the 'jackers (they were black.)

fin
Capt
Capt

#135 Post by fin » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:25 pm

Their goal seems to be completely at odds with common sense or reality. The media outlets in NYC would describe the color shirt a thug was wearing (and could discard in seconds) but not the color of his or her skin.

Capetonian

#136 Post by Capetonian » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:56 pm

I have just received an email invitation to a dinner in London :
.......all sexes are welcome, including partners, of course! ........

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#137 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Harry Enfield should do an updated sketch series, "Considerably more virtuous than yaow!"

Slasher

#138 Post by Slasher » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:22 am

That raises a question I’ve long wanted to ask so I spose this is my chance: do rich people bonk the same way we do?

I often think they must be like Singaporeans - so busy making money that it’s a chore rather than a pleasure, with no oral at all and just a straight missionary done in 5 mins tops.

Any real ultra-posh among us who can confirm or deny this theory?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#139 Post by OFSO » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:30 am

IMG_20191004_164932.jpg
The same way but a better choice of bimbo.

Capetonian

#140 Post by Capetonian » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:14 am

Is that the one on the table next to us at Fredericks?