Stupid Is As Stupid Does

General Chit Chat
PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Stupid Is As Stupid Does

#1 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:13 pm

Florida man calls 911, requests for meth to be tested for authenticity, police say #-o L-) :ymdevil:

https://www.azfamily.com/2022/03/14/flo ... olice-say/

SPRING HILL, Fla. (Gray News) – Police in Florida arrested a man after they say he called 911 and requested them to test his meth.

Deputies with the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to a home in Spring Hill, Florida, after a resident called 911 to request that a deputy come and “test the methamphetamine” he had bought.

When deputies arrived, they met with 41-year-old Thomas Eugene Colucci. Police said Colucci told the deputies he had purchased meth from a man he met in a local bar and believed it was actually bath salts after using some of it.

Police said Colucci told them he was an experienced drug user and that he had used meth before and “knew what it should feel like.” He then produced two small baggies, each one containing a white crystal-like substance, and handed them over to the deputy, according to the sheriff’s office.

Police said the substance did not provide the sensation Colucci was expecting, which is why he called 911.

Colucci told the deputies he wanted his meth tested because he did not want other people to purchase “fake” meth from the man who sold it to him, the sheriff’s office said, adding that he wanted deputies to “put the person in trouble” for selling dangerous drugs. Police said he was unable to provide a name or contact info for the man who sold the drugs to him.

A deputy performed a field test on a sample of the substance from each of the baggies, as requested. Both baggies tested positive for methamphetamine.

The deputies then placed Colucci under arrest. He was put in the back of a patrol vehicle, and then taken to a hospital after he began complaining about chest pains where he was cleared by a doctor.

Colucci was charged with possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia. His bond was set at $7,000.

Seenenough

Re: Stupid Is As Stupid Does

#2 Post by Seenenough » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:28 pm

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:13 pm
Florida man calls 911, requests for meth to be tested for authenticity, police say #-o L-) :ymdevil:

https://www.azfamily.com/2022/03/14/flo ... olice-say/

SPRING HILL, Fla. (Gray News) – Police in Florida arrested a man after they say he called 911 and requested them to test his meth.

Deputies with the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to a home in Spring Hill, Florida, after a resident called 911 to request that a deputy come and “test the methamphetamine” he had bought.

When deputies arrived, they met with 41-year-old Thomas Eugene Colucci. Police said Colucci told the deputies he had purchased meth from a man he met in a local bar and believed it was actually bath salts after using some of it.

Police said Colucci told them he was an experienced drug user and that he had used meth before and “knew what it should feel like.” He then produced two small baggies, each one containing a white crystal-like substance, and handed them over to the deputy, according to the sheriff’s office.

Police said the substance did not provide the sensation Colucci was expecting, which is why he called 911.

Colucci told the deputies he wanted his meth tested because he did not want other people to purchase “fake” meth from the man who sold it to him, the sheriff’s office said, adding that he wanted deputies to “put the person in trouble” for selling dangerous drugs. Police said he was unable to provide a name or contact info for the man who sold the drugs to him.

A deputy performed a field test on a sample of the substance from each of the baggies, as requested. Both baggies tested positive for methamphetamine.

The deputies then placed Colucci under arrest. He was put in the back of a patrol vehicle, and then taken to a hospital after he began complaining about chest pains where he was cleared by a doctor.

Colucci was charged with possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia. His bond was set at $7,000.
If it happened in New York,Portland or Seattle they would have sent a Black & White with lights flashing and siren going with a pure repurposed stash to make sure he took it properly and under supervision.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by OFSO » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:42 am

My American friend in CA tells me that people watching TV news start laughing whenever an item starts with "A man living in Florida... "

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by PHXPhlyer » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:47 am

My local Classic Rock morning show does a "Dumbass of the Day" segment weekday mornings.
A disproportionate number of stories come out of Florida and the DJs usually comment on that.

PP

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Woody » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:32 am

Posted elsewhere, but seems appropriate for this thread :))

https://www.news24.com/news24/southafri ... r-20220315
When all else fails, read the instructions.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:48 am

Woody wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:32 am
Posted elsewhere, but seems appropriate for this thread :))

https://www.news24.com/news24/southafri ... r-20220315
If Volkswagen SA's marketing/advertising department had the Nandos' nous, they would hire this guy to extoll the soporific comforts of the "Wolks" wagen Schlafwagen in a TV ad!

I note this incident occurred in Durban and not in Slaapstad.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by llondel » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:21 am

OFSO wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:42 am
My American friend in CA tells me that people watching TV news start laughing whenever an item starts with "A man living in Florida... "
It is a stereotype, yes. Some of the others are no longer politically correct, but that one lingers on. Possibly because a lot of the other groups portrayed as dumb have had enough of their members demonstrate that they're not, but we're still waiting for Florida Man to achieve this.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:29 am

The Yanks (or at least some of them) regarded the Polaks as dumb.
What other blanket mis-identifications are there?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:40 am

Newfies
Hill Billies

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by PHXPhlyer » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:13 pm

Blondes

PP

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:28 pm

Fennies :D
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#12 Post by Smeagol » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:12 pm

Carrot Crunchers. I live amonst them but am not one.

I'm a Yokel (from Devon)!
We hates Bagginses!

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:10 am

Phoenix passenger caught exposing himself during flight
According to the FBI, the passenger was seen masturbating by another passenger during a recent flight from Seattle to Phoenix.

https://www.12news.com/article/news/cri ... 9e0b8953df

PHOENIX — A Southwest Airlines passenger is facing criminal charges in Phoenix and has been placed on a "no-fly list" for allegedly exposing himself and masturbating in front of another passenger during a recent flight, court records show.

Antonio Sherrod McGarity is accused of touching himself inappropriately while flying from Seattle to Phoenix on Saturday.

According to a report written by the FBI, a woman seated near McGarity noticed him pull down his pants. The woman then documented McGarity masturbating by snapping photos during the flight.

After McGarity fell asleep, the woman alerted the flight crew to his alleged behavior and she was moved to another seat.

Once the plane landed in Phoenix, the woman told authorities McGarity allegedly exposed his genitals at least four times during the flight.

McGarity allegedly admitted to masturbating during the flight and was aware the woman sitting next to him could see what he was doing. McGarity claims he thought the woman wasn't uncomfortable with his behavior.

"McGarity said he thought it was kind of kinky," the FBI wrote in a report.

The FBI has filed paperwork in federal court to seek charges against McGarity for allegedly violating obscenity laws.

In a statement, Southwest Airlines told 12 News that McGarity has been banned for life from flying with the airline again.

PP

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by Hydromet » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:58 am

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:10 am
Phoenix passenger caught exposing himself during flight
According to the FBI, the passenger was seen masturbating by another passenger during a recent flight from Seattle to Phoenix.

PP
Sounds like the story from way back in the '50s or '60s. A passenger unfolded a Playboy centrefold, hung it from the seat in front. After he'd finished pleasuring himself, he folded it up, turned to the woman next to him and asked "Do you mind if I smoke?"

I'm sure every word is true.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:17 am

..........and asked "Do you mind if I smoke?"
At least he asked.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:35 pm

At least she's honest :-o :ymdevil:

Parkland shooting: Potential sentencing juror says she can't be on jury because of 'sugar daddy'

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/parkl ... ugar-daddy#

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - A prospective juror for the sentencing of Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz asked the judge to dismiss her from duty earlier this week, claiming she didn’t have enough time to fulfill her civic duty because she’s both married and has "a sugar daddy."

The selected jurors will eventually determine whether Cruz will face the death penalty or life in prison. He killed 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where he was once a student, on Valentine’s Day in 2018.

Jurors will have to agree to the death penalty unanimously in order for him to receive such a sentence. Otherwise, he’ll face life in prison without the possibility of parole.

PARKLAND SCHOOL SHOOTER NIKOLAS CRUZ'S SENTENCING PHASE OF TRIAL BEGINS WITH JURY SELECTION

Hours into the jury selection process, Circuit Judge Elizabeth Scherer asked if she had missed anyone with concerns or questions.

"Did you have a question?" she asks in video of the proceedings, pointing off camera toward one of the prospective jurors who she eventually identifies as "Miss Bristol."

"This is a whole entire month," the woman says. "First of all let me clarify myself, July second is my birthday, July Fourth is my son, and the 18th is my other son."

The judge asks her to speak slower.

"Don't talk too fast, we have to be able to understand...so you said that the July, there's dates in July that you're not available? What are those dates?"

PARKLAND SCHOOL SHOOTER NIKOLAS CRUZ ADDRESSES COURT AFTER GUILTY PLEA: ‘I LOVE YOU’

"July seventh, July fourth, and July 18th....And again, I need to figure out something," Bristol replies. "I have my sugar daddy that I see every day."

"I'm sorry?" the judge asks, with an unmoved expression on her face and cocking her head.

"My sugar daddy," Bristol repeats.

"OK, I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about but we'll--"

"I'm married, and I have my sugar daddy," she says again. "I see him every day."

"OK. All right," the judge says. "Ma'am, we'll come back to you, OK? Thank you."

Then she instructs jurors whose names are called to fill out a questionnaire before the audio stream is muted.

Bristol wasn’t the only prospective juror to ask to be dismissed. Several cited family commitments, work or previously booked travel plans. Some did not sufficiently speak English, and others had health issues.
In all, 12 jurors and eight alternates will be selected. More than 120 of the first 160 to appear before Scherer Monday were dismissed. Bristol was among them.

The sentencing phase of Cruz’s murder trial is expected to stretch from June through September.

PP

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

You'd have hoped they would have known better, but no.

#17 Post by Boac » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:41 am

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:04 pm

Irony? :-?

A man who died after self-immolating in front of Supreme Court was a climate activist

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/25/politics ... index.html

A man who died on Saturday after setting himself on fire in front of the US Supreme Court in Washington, DC, was a climate activist, according to social media posts from various people who claim to know him.

Wynn Alan Bruce, 50, from Boulder, Colorado, who self-immolated on Friday – when the world marked Earth Day – suffered critical injuries and was airlifted to hospital, where he died, a police spokesperson said.

Those who knew Bruce, who had managed a portrait photo studio in Boulder, say he was protesting against inaction on the climate crisis.

Kritee Kanko, a climate scientist and a Zen Buddhist priest who claims to know Bruce through the same meditation group, wrote on Twitter that while they are still gathering more information, the activist may had planned on the act for at least a year. CNN could not independently verify their relationship.

“This act is not suicide. This is a deeply fearless act of compassion to bring attention to climate crisis,” she posted on Twitter. “We are piecing together info but he had been planning it for at least one year. #wynnbruce I am so moved.”

In an interview with The New York Times, Kanko clarified her tweet saying she was not entirely certain of Bruce’s intentions, but rather that “people are being driven to extreme amounts of climate grief and despair.” Kanko said she did not want “young people (to) start thinking about self-immolation.

About a year ago, Bruce responded to one of his own posts about climate change with a comment that included a fire emoji and the date “4/22/2022.”

His last Facebook post on March 28 said, “This is NOT humor. It is ALL about breathing,” referring to the need for clean air.

Earlier this year, Bruce posted a photo of teen climate activist Greta Thunberg with the caption saying, “What now adults?” In other social media posts, Bruce wrote about climate change, pollution, environment and his faith in Buddhism.

This isn’t the first time someone set themselves on fire to protest inaction against climate change.

In April 2018, David Buckel, a lawyer and environmental advocate, drenched himself with gas and lit himself on fire in Prospect Park in Brooklyn, New York. In an email Buckel sent to the media before he died, he wrote, “Most humans on the planet now breathe air made unhealthy by fossil fuels, and many die early deaths as a result – my early death by fossil fuel reflects what we are doing to ourselves.”

In Buddhism, the ascetic practice of self-immolation – where one voluntarily takes their own life, typically by setting themselves ablaze – is extremely rare; it’s a controversial practice among some adherents of the Mahayana tradition of the religion.

It was practiced in South Vietnam to protest the Vietnam War and continues to be used by Tibetans today. More than 100 Tibetans have set themselves on fire since 2009 to protest Chinese rule. Apart from those countries, it’s a practice that has claimed the lives of hundreds (perhaps even thousands) of activists in India, South Korea and even Kurds protesting in Western Europe, according to sociologist Michael Biggs.

The area around the Supreme Court was closed Friday for further investigation, according to a court spokesperson. The court plaza had returned to normal Saturday, CNN observed. No one else was injured in the incident, a court spokesperson said.

The incident comes as the Supreme Court is set to rule on what could be one of the most consequential cases for the climate crisis as well as clean air in decades. Republican state attorneys general and coal companies are asking the highest court to strip the Environmental Protection Agency of its authority to regulate planet-warming gas emissions from power plants.

To my son, born during the climate crisis: Get mad and get ready
As the climate emergency advances and its impacts continue to be felt around the world, climate scientists and activists have been ramping up efforts to bring attention to the crisis, through civil disobedience and risking arrest by blocking traffic and locking themselves to building entrances of financial institutions funding fossil fuel projects.

“Rest in power Wynn,” climate scientist Peter Kalmus, who was recently arrested for locking himself to the entrance of JP Morgan Chase building in Los Angeles to protest the bank’s funding of new fossil fuel projects, wrote on Twitter. “Everyone, we must fight side by side in solidarity for every fraction of a degree. It is NOT too late.”

PP

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri May 06, 2022 4:37 pm

Woman who drove down garage stairwell claims she was ‘just following her GPS,’ police say

https://www.azfamily.com/2022/05/06/wom ... olice-say/

PORTLAND, Maine (Gray News) – A woman who drove through a police department garage and down a stairwell claimed she was “just following her GPS instructions,” police in Maine said.

The Portland, Maine, Police Department said the 26-year-old woman drove through the parking garage, across a pedestrian plaza and then tried to drive down a stairwell, where her vehicle got stuck.

Police said they don’t believe it was the fault of the GPS but, rather, the woman’s “excessive blood alcohol level.”

The woman was issued a summons for operating while under the influence.

No one was injured in the incident, and police said there was only a small amount of property damage.

“Please don’t drink and drive,” the police department wrote in a Facebook post.

PP

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri May 06, 2022 4:45 pm

Perhaps she watched this film one too many times?

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."