HM Queen Elizabeth

General Chit Chat
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: HM Queen Elizabeth

#101 Post by Boac » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:25 pm

It is reported that the dreadful P Schofield used a 'VIP' lane and the excuse of 'filming a segment' for a TV programme to jump the queue for viewing HMQ's coffin (presumably claiming Very Important Pervert' status?) while other 'celebs' have joined the normal queue. Yuk.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#102 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:52 pm

k3k3 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:30 pm
HRH The Prince of Wales will have had plenty of chances to pick up some Welsh while he was at Valley.
Good point. Wonder if he did?
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#103 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:55 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:25 pm
It is reported that the dreadful P Schofield used a 'VIP' lane and the excuse of 'filming a segment' for a TV programme to jump the queue for viewing HMQ's coffin (presumably claiming Very Important Pervert' status?) while other 'celebs' have joined the normal queue. Yuk.
Saw that, bloody shirt lifter.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#104 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:02 pm

Prince William and Prince Harry to stand vigil at Queen’s coffin on Saturday
At the King’s request, both will be in uniform.
:-o

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/16/uk/queen ... index.html

CNN

The late Queen Elizabeth II’s eight grandchildren will stand vigil beside her coffin in Westminster Hall on Saturday evening, a royal source told CNN.

Prince William, the Prince of Wales, will stand at the head of the coffin, and Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex, will stand at its foot for the 15-minute vigil, according to the source. At the King’s request, both will be in uniform.

The Queen’s other grandchildren will be wearing morning coats and dark formal dress with decorations, the royal source said.

The source added that the Prince of Wales will be flanked by Zara Tindall and Peter Philips, who are the children of Princess Anne. The Duke of Sussex will be flanked by Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, the daughters of Prince Andrew, alongside Prince Edward’s children, Lady Louise Windsor and Viscount Severn.

The grandchildren, at the King’s invitation, are very eager to pay their respects – just as their parents are doing the previous evening, the source told CNN.

PP

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#105 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:43 pm

That footballer chappie Beckham queued for 12 hours. Good on him. Not a queue jumping woofter..

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#106 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:20 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:43 pm
That footballer chappie Beckham queued for 12 hours. Good on him. Not a queue jumping woofter..
+1

PP

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#107 Post by Woody » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:54 pm

Any particular thoughts from our ex- senior service members about Andrew being allowed to wear Uniform?
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#108 Post by Boac » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:12 pm

Well, from the Junior Service, it was his 'allocated' rank and it appears there is some softening of the family position on him. It actually doesn't bother me right now.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#109 Post by FD2 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:13 pm

I have two close friends who have been subjected to Andrew's (and his awful ex-wife's) boorish behaviour in the Navy so am in no doubt about his character. I also suspect that Charles will not change his mind about the 'banishment' from the working RF. There should be no 'punishment' extended to his daughters (sins of the father...), however, and I'm sure they will continue to be treated with kindness. If there are any extenuating circumstances where an act of kindness from Charles could be extended to his brother then the death of their mother must be one of them. When the mourning is over Andrew will return to his well deserved obscurity. He was promoted due to his position, not his ability, and then the honorary ranks continued upwards, so I think he won't appear in uniform again.

As for the touchy feely Sussexes, some major olive branches have been extended to them, including allowing him to wear uniform as well. Whether they continue with their petty campaign of maligning Ginger's family and 'ghosting' her own father, we'll have to wait and see. Their 'grievances' made public account for a large amount of their income since their Calificornication, so if they stop the sniping they might have to get proper jobs. We'll see in due course. Meanwhile they could stop walking around like a pair of teenagers, hand in hand, and I hope Anne gives her daughter a bollocking for doing the same.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#110 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:12 am

HM Queen Elizabeth had an impressive and extensive collection of 'fashion' clothing - including hats.

I wonder how they disposed of them? - perhaps a charity shop? If so, which one or ones?
Imagine picking up 'worn once or twice only' examples of regal attire - or is it all archived in the attic of some palace?

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#111 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:51 am

Any particular thoughts from our ex- senior service members about Andrew being allowed to wear Uniform?

Yes, See my previous post #77.

Basically no problem with any that they "earned", but not Grace and Favour ones.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#112 Post by FD2 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:53 am

That would put Andrew about Lt or Lt Cdr and Harry on Lt or Captain I guess.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#113 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:26 am

I think Harry was Captain, therefore a Junior rank, so should he wear uniform in retirement ? Andrew a Lt.Cdr. ( I think ? ) and therefore Senior rank, so OK to wear uniform, but let's not be petty, no problem for me they both "served" the Queen.

larsssnowpharter
Capt
Capt

#114 Post by larsssnowpharter » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:00 am

I'm pretty sure Andrew actually made it to Commander although may have been acting. Seems reasonable to me that he be allowed to wear the uniform and the rank he rose to in the Service.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#115 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:02 am

It appears that Beckham was offered a fast track but refused. Up another notch in my estimation. Pity about Qatar.

I was once told that when a Royal retires he goes up in seniority in accordance with the highest rank of his entry still serving. This can't be right though as HRH Prince William is wearing Sqn Ldr rank.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#116 Post by Boac » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:41 am

ex-A wrote:in accordance with the highest rank of his entry still serving. This can't be right though as HRH Prince William is wearing Sqn Ldr rank.
How do you define 'his entry' in the RAF? He trained and was commissioned as an army officer. His time in the RAF was 'an attachment', I believe - I don't think he was ever 'commissioned' in the RAF? By taking the (honorary) rank of S/L it gives him the right to wear the uniform.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#117 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:44 am

Good point so why isn't he wearing army uniform?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#118 Post by Boac » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:20 am

Mebbee he pulls more birds with the RAF Pilut thing - you know what I mean................ =))

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#119 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:26 am

Boac wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:20 am
Mebbee he pulls more birds with the RAF Pilut thing - you know what I mean................ =))
Yep :YMPARTY:

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#120 Post by FD2 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:00 pm

larsssnowpharter wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:00 am
I'm pretty sure Andrew actually made it to Commander although may have been acting. Seems reasonable to me that he be allowed to wear the uniform and the rank he rose to in the Service.
The scuttlebutt at the time was that he was offered promotion to commander to keep him 'in', as he was on his way 'outside' after some unflattering performance reports. He was seen as a golden aid to recruitment after the Falklands. No doubt they were just nasty rumours. ;)))